and hoping for that nonexistant trip

We all know that times are good
and sometimes the downward slide
puts an itch in all our patience
and crawls along our hides

But the sun will rise tomorrow
the rains will cease to exist
the heat will cool, the cold will warm
my dear people...it's the cycle of our lives.

So please keep your chin up
and put a smile upon your face
Reach for the wonder of it all
Life's here for us to embrace.
:)

guido4475

Not a Member
After I unloaded last night I had a feeling that I may get a long run this weekend, so I did laundry and stocked up on Wal-Mart stuff,just in case.Dispatch calls me this morning with a pickup 43 miles away coming back to the yard.Awesome turnaround, in quick time! Real nice people at Ford in Wood haven, the receiving clerk and I had a nice lengthy conversation,cool guy! Real nice weather, no running the van, perfect sleeping weather!Just one more run this week, time for payback!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Sure hope things pickup by the time I get the van ready in July.
I get the insulation blown in on Tue morning. Then batteries and inverted. Still debating on roof top ac or not.

The kids go home today, so the wife and I are gonna recoup the rest of the day. Whew, wore us plum out.
Great ballgame last night. Grand slam, a couple of hrs, couple of double plays. Each kid got a foul ball. Made the highlight of the trip for them.

Now time to get them up and packed! Ugh, that's a chore. I think I'd rather be stuck in Laredo! Lol

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sure hope things pickup by the time I get the van ready in July.
I get the insulation blown in on Tue morning. Then batteries and inverted. Still debating on roof top ac or not.

The kids go home today, so the wife and I are gonna recoup the rest of the day. Whew, wore us plum out.
Great ballgame last night. Grand slam, a couple of hrs, couple of double plays. Each kid got a foul ball. Made the highlight of the trip for them.

Now time to get them up and packed! Ugh, that's a chore. I think I'd rather be stuck in Laredo! Lol

I know you had a ball with the kids but you're probably going to be like Ken...he does a happy dance in the middle of the street when the grandkids leave..*L*

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
When the door closes at the gate at the airport, I may let out a big "Yippie". Outside of security of course! Lol. We did have a blast and enjoyed every minute.
Nice to be able to give them back tho.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a busy sleepless couple days, Athens Ga to Cleveland, then after abut twenty minutes sleep a nice paying shorty cleveland to about 30 miles away worked out to about 4 bucks a mile. on the way there Christy called with a pickup about 30 miles from my drop going to Angola IN. The heck with sleep the runs were coming. Delivered about 6pm last night and my motor was out of gas had to finally sleep, went out of service for the night and passed out for about 12 hours.

At Stoops in Fort Wayne now waiting on a transmission fluid change. Dispatch called with a hop to Chicago and the truck wasn't in the bay yet, it was hard to say no but they had someone else close so I said to let them have it. That driver lives in IL to so it will work well for them, I do need the service done.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please when using the shower at the yard CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!

I doubt the guy gets on here but the other day I went in the shower as someone else was coming out so I do know who it was. The place looked like someone took a shower with the glass door open and had a pool party. Water was all the way in the laundry area and covered the sink counter. There was wrappers and tags on the bench and floor. Why is it so hard for people to wipe the place down when they are done. If they don't want to use their own towel get one from dispatch and use it, a quick wipe down of the door, floor and chrome works wonders. They might want to pick up their own trash too!

OK I fel better now. :)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Joe just called with the Lake turn around for sunday morning..that will make a not so bad week into a pretty darn good week for the slow times we are seeing ...as I said in another thread, it is what it is ...but Load 1 dispatch seems to come through in a pinch when they are needed..Thanks Load 1 anjd dispatch...:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So true! We pay to have the shower cleaned 5 times a week. 10 times would not be enough if people don't take care of basic cleaning up after themselves. Crazy but kind of like the why throw paper towel in the urinals problem. Very frustrating when you try to provide and do nice things for people.