January Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Boy, John sure made it sound pretty bleak with that 549 dollar load, but I'm betting dispatch will get you both out today! *crossing my fingers and toes*

Seriously....anyone who has been around for even a little while knows when they accept a load to down here it is a gamble at best..we accept the load and in the back of our mind we think..now IF I score a quick turn around it'll be a great week...and when it does not happen...they start the whining....so relax and enjoy...:D

With the cost of diesel today...at my MPG...it costs me .167 cents / mile..throw on .10 cents for maintenance another .05 for admin = .317 cents...even at a low ball .50 per mile I walk away with about a 40% profit.....go figure...

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
oh, dont be shy. just go stand at the kiosk and ask for one. someone will have an extra. prolly a good idea anyways after the beans yesterday. OMG

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok, The "Slushbusters" are installed (pass side might be on a bit too straight) did battery maintainance on the housebank (all set there for another few months) took the side mirrors off and took the tremel tool to them and fixed them per Rocketmans info, (Thanks Ken) and fixed the "cubbie hole" that Grandma broke while she was out here last week. Reset the "change oil" message in the message center (good for another 5000 mile).

Took a shower and all is good with the world!!:D

Luch time here and i think I'll do some chili mac...I'd feed OVM again, buthe took off to go take a shower about 3 hours ago , and he stopped to talk to a "Bolthead" and he still hasn't showered...so i'll eat lunch and feed him later, if he doesn't get a load or take an empty move....But, its lookin like a "Logans" night for dinner!!!:)

Its been a while since i have been down here, enjoyin the time and BS'in with everyone..lookin like I'll be enjoyin the weekend here, which is ok, Ill get out soon or later...Its all good, and its not COLD!!!!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Ok, The "Slushbusters" are installed (pass side might be on a bit too straight) did battery maintainance on the housebank (all set there for another few months) took the side mirrors off and took the tremel tool to them and fixed them per Rocketmans info, (Thanks Ken) and fixed the "cubbie hole" that Grandma broke while she was out here last week. Reset the "change oil" message in the message center (good for another 5000 mile).

Took a shower and all is good with the world!!:D

Luch time here and i think I'll do some chili mac...I'd feed OVM again, buthe took off to go take a shower about 3 hours ago , and he stopped to talk to a "Bolthead" and he still hasn't showered...so i'll eat lunch and feed him later, if he doesn't get a load or take an empty move....But, its lookin like a "Logans" night for dinner!!!:)

Its been a while since i have been down here, enjoyin the time and BS'in with everyone..lookin like I'll be enjoyin the weekend here, which is ok, Ill get out soon or later...Its all good, and its not COLD!!!!

wow...busy man! I got my kitchen cleaned and even cleaned my keyboard with alcohol..now I'm off to do my nails, have some lobster tails for lunch and then I'll work on the doll accessories..Hope you both have trips by then!:)

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Seriously....anyone who has been around for even a little while knows when they accept a load to down here it is a gamble at best..we accept the load and in the back of our mind we think..now IF I score a quick turn around it'll be a great week...and when it does not happen...they start the whining....so relax and enjoy...:D

With the cost of diesel today...at my MPG...it costs me .167 cents / mile..throw on .10 cents for maintenance another .05 for admin = .317 cents...even at a low ball .50 per mile I walk away with about a 40% profit.....go figure...

Ken, you're absolutely right about the loads to the border towns. You either hit a home run or you strike out.

We were real lucky this time delivering into El Paso. We were able to unload on Tuesday night about 16 hours early in El Paso cause we busted butt and drove straing thru. Then Farva called on Wednesday afternoon to see if we would be interested in one going to Chattanooga, told him yes, then he called back with the green light. So we were in and out of there in less than 24 hours.

At the same time we have sat 5-6 days there or Laredo before we got an offer. Its all in the luck of the draw sometimes.

Now we are sitting in Chattanooga......waiting. Thinking about going up towards Knoxville to spend the weekend if we don't get an offer.

Hope everyone gets that nice long weekend load they are wanting.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
anyone ever tell ya you have a bossy streak?...:p

shower done....and Chef's mac n cheese...WOW....i feel like Puf the Magic Dragon....darn its hot stuff...:eek:
It'll keep you awake tonight when you're driving..;)

I'm so bored I'm going to go sharpen all my knives..:eek: