January Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
g'morning John!

Cats...you either love them or hate them...I've just spent the better part of the last half hour trying to figure out where the cat was crying..low and behold...somehow mama cat lifted the entrance to the attic and it closed on her..she was pretty happy when I lifted it up and let her out! Gotta admit I was scared that she'd climbed up on the roof and tumbled into the chimney..whew!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
On the rate thing a couple thoughts:

Sometimes not everyone is having the greatest week and it makes them feel worse. Human nature has us post the good things more than the bad things.

My only other thought and why I prefer generalities is that I am sure we have competitors who read our forum and I hate giving out more "detailed" info than we need too.

But I am not saying their is anything wrong with boasting up the good! :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Needed to change it up a bit, if you don't after a while no one notices it anymore. Always a challenge in the advertising/marketing arena.

guido4475

Not a Member
Dave I might have posted a rate in the past too. I have also done some other things in life I no longer do. ;) I am certainly not saying I am perfect just trying to think a little more, I am a slow learner at times but I do try to learn.

I understand, I am the farthest thing away from perfect.Heck, I am still hooked on phonics, type with 2 fingers, and it takes me 90 minutes to watch 60 minutes....lol:D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I grew up in a small farm town in IL kinda like Mayberry. Don't get me wrong it was a great childhood. My sister sent me the below email and it had me rolling, thought I would share it.

Reason #33 you left Carthage IL

The grocery store installed a RedBox. the high school marching band played for the grand opening.

don't ask me how it went, i was unable to attend.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I understand, I am the farthest thing away from perfect.Heck, I am still hooked on phonics, type with 2 fingers, and it takes me 90 minutes to watch 60 minutes....lol:D

Guido..take heart...You must be close to perfect or John would not have signed you on.....:D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
On the rate thing a couple thoughts:

Sometimes not everyone is having the greatest week and it makes them feel worse. Human nature has us post the good things more than the bad things.

My only other thought and why I prefer generalities is that I am sure we have competitors who read our forum and I hate giving out more "detailed" info than we need too.

But I am not saying their is anything wrong with boasting up the good! :D

I agree. To be honest I was having a hard time last week not telling someone "well aren't you just special" As I am sure we have all had those moments.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I grew up in a small farm town in IL kinda like Mayberry. Don't get me wrong it was a great childhood. My sister sent me the below email and it had me rolling, thought I would share it.

Reason #33 you left Carthage IL

The grocery store installed a RedBox. the high school marching band played for the grand opening.

don't ask me how it went, i was unable to attend.

*lol*..I can relate!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i hate to be one who post numbers but here goes my numbers for the last 4 days
O loads
O per mile
O turn downs
With that said working with Load One
Still PRICELESS!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i hate to be one who post numbers but here goes my numbers for the last 4 days
O loads
O per mile
O turn downs
With that said working with Load One
Still PRICELESS!!

Yea but your first three days were a home run!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea but your first three days were a home run!

Your are correct Xiggie..even with those numbers I have still made more money in a week than I did with my last company...and thats why I am so happy to be with Load 1....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Laredo has been a real challenge the last two weeks. Promise you the boys are trying their best.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
hey all, been to effingham this morning getting the truck serviced and ready to go.

still pretty crappy here. foggy and misty. they were pulling the last of the carnage out of the ditches on my way home.

noticed that speedco raised their prices 10 bucks and the beacon 2.50. annual increase i guess. oil analysis went up 2 bucks also. but all came back good.

gonna watch the baby this afternoon while tina and the girls go to a bridal expo then out for chinese later. speakin of food john, you should probably be glad the little senorita tied a slip knot in it or it might have knotted up on its owm. LOL

wombat, tryin to get lucky with a rabbit. well im sure it was cuter than some of the other things you tried to get lucky with. i also bet it wasnt needin gas money or food for its kids. LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!