January Banter and Location

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Alas, what will poor Jorje do now that his production line will shut down?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
I think in the big picture posting rates is counter productive. I have heard others say the same thing.

So much for freedom of speech, huh?....lol..Why is it that people post negative things, everyone goes along with it, but when I post a positive thing such as the excellent rates I got for the week, it is not a good thing?

guido4475

Not a Member
I agree and we have to keep in mind when we are having a great week someone else in the family is having a terible one, They have been sitting empty, running short loads with low rates etc. We all have our share of good and bad but we do need to keep other people in mind. I am guessing it is not unusual for disptach to get a call from a driver having a tuff time after reading about someone elses great rates asking why not them.

While where on the subject I think it also is not wise to post about putting extra heavy loads in a van someone may be driving.

Ya know, I havent been the first or only one to post what I did.I posted a weekly average, not load rates.

While were on the subject, I had a driver a couple of months ago come up to me laughing, saying I'll get the next small load, because he only does long runs, and he told dispatch not to call him unless it was a big one...Talk about wrong!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So much for freedom of speech, huh?....lol..Why is it that people post negative things, everyone goes along with it, but when I post a positive thing such as the excellent rates I got for the week, it is not a good thing?

Dave....no one is saying about not posting great rates...just the actual numbers.....
Example...had a great paying run....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Guido, I don't think everyone goes along when something negative is posted. No one is trying to stop your freedom of speech it has nothing to do with that. It is about what is smart business and what isn't. Like OVM said I think using the term great rate or paid well gets the point across without the need to be specific. Sometimes we need to think with our brain rather than our emotions.

guido4475

Not a Member
Dave....no one is saying about not posting great rates...just the actual numbers.....
Example...had a great paying run....

If my memory serves me correct, my dear furry canadian friend, havent you done the same thing in the past, posting numbers?:eek:

Oh well, what do ya do???

Nice and cool here, #2 out.Dispatch recommends I stay put instead of relocate, was going to do that last night.Things to do on the van today, take advantage of the nice weather.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Well good morning fellow load 1 drivers & dispatch sun out in wonderful harrisburg , cold as crap but sun is out & hoping the day will be the day that this wonderful place of harrisburg can release it hold on me ,
& i can get away from here by the way saw my bunnie last night nibbling at some grass .wow a rabbit foot & a tail wow now if i creep up on him i can have my lucky foot slowly very slowly i moved in on him then like a flash wow he was running .heck this bunny could move i guess he foot was more lucky to him than me .
result was he still have his feet & wombat was laying in the snow thinking maybe next time i will get lucky than the bunny
wombat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If my memory serves me correct, my dear furry canadian friend, havent you done the same thing in the past, posting numbers?:eek:

Oh well, what do ya do???

Nice and cool here, #2 out.Dispatch recommends I stay put instead of relocate, was going to do that last night.Things to do on the van today, take advantage of the nice weather.

Yep....I USED to....I am trying to restrain myself...hence Xiggi beat me over the head too....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I need some slush busters for the deck! it's a mite brisk out there when the wind hits you, but nice on the deck now that I've got the slush scooped off!

guido4475

Not a Member
Yep....I USED to....I am trying to restrain myself...hence Xiggi beat me over the head too....LOL

Oh, so this is a Ziggi thing, kinda like being Tebowed??? lol...So, with this in mind, and as hard as it will be to do,I will post no numbers, and use only one sentence posts, now understanding Scott's way of thinking.:D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, so this is a Ziggi thing, kinda like being Tebowed??? lol...So, with this in mind, and as hard as it will be to do,I will post no numbers, and use only one sentence posts, now understanding Scott's way of thinking.:D

Bless your heart.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya know, I havent been the first or only one to post what I did.I posted a weekly average, not load rates.

Dave I might have posted a rate in the past too. I have also done some other things in life I no longer do. ;) I am certainly not saying I am perfect just trying to think a little more, I am a slow learner at times but I do try to learn.