December 2014

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can Anyone tell me what time walmart stops receiving deliveries

I've ran 3 deliveries to Walmart in my life time. All of them unloaded between 3am-6am.
I believe it's 9 am they stop

If it is a walmart distribution center....usually they are very picky about appointment time. I've been turned back cause I showed up an hour early.

you might be quicker to go into front of store and page shift manager....i did....I din't hve grocery or merchandise and no one wanted to receive it...LOL
Walmarts are a pain in my tush. I hate delivering there.

I had a delivery 5 minutes before the receiver was to go on break.
Instead of telling me that, he let me in then proceeded to lock the overhead door and go on break, leaving me there to twiddle my thumbs.

I was pizzed to say the least.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Can Anyone tell me what time walmart stops receiving deliveries

We're hoping a little Walmart in AZ decides to help us out getting a little 89 pounder off whenever Bill & Carolee show up. All weekend to get there but would like to get a little love from your neighborhood Walmart. LOL!!

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
did ohare to madison wi today, then turned down chicago to hamilton, oh. now pre dispatched for chicago to detroit area for the morning.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Walmarts are a pain in my tush. I hate delivering there.

I had a delivery 5 minutes before the receiver was to go on break.
Instead of telling me that, he let me in then proceeded to lock the overhead door and go on break, leaving me there to twiddle my thumbs.

I was pizzed to say the least.

Unions. Pfst!!!!

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
We're hoping a little Walmart in AZ decides to help us out getting a little 89 pounder off whenever Bill & Carolee show up. All weekend to get there but would like to get a little love from your neighborhood Walmart. LOL!!

Hs ha is yours from universal studios entertainment. All 3 r that size

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At home OOS until Sunday morning. I'm preparing for our annual Christmas party Saturday night. Aside from cleaning and other miscellaneous duties, my task tonight was to test the candles.
Luminara640pix_zps06ceece5.jpg

Yep, they're working!

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
At home OOS until Sunday morning. I'm preparing for our annual Christmas party Saturday night. Aside from cleaning and other miscellaneous duties, my task tonight was to test the candles.
Luminara640pix_zps06ceece5.jpg

Yep, they're working!

You forgot one

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You forgot one
You're right I missed one. I should note that these are Luminara Candles which are battery operated. My task was to check each one and replace the batteries as necessary. Not too bad, one out of 23 I missed.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Hs ha is yours from universal studios entertainment. All 3 r that size

Heck, I don't know. 89 pounds out of MEM. Probably. Posted as 110#.
Love having Bill & Carolee teaming. The load didn't need a team but a think it helps to "advertise" the team Sprinter in the bid.
Maybe it also helped that the broker really seems to like us. Got the rate. Not rape. A fair rate for a posted load these days. Plus, Phoenix has been HOT lately. Slide West and grab a team load going back East on Monday. That's the plan. Another 2000-2500 early next week. :)
Now, if the Carolinas and TN would improve a bit. Gotten cheap down there this week. Bad. Boo. Yuck. Puke.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's Walmart! I don't think a union is involved.

I thought Walmart was all Union. I could be wrong but had an employee of mine at a QVC warehouse in PA that said they were "forced" (his words, not mine) to join the union.
Regional? Maybe. Maybe he was full of it. Who knows? Someone knows.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Love having Bill & Carolee teaming. The load didn't need a team but a think it helps to "advertise" the team Sprinter in the bid.
Maybe it also helped that the broker really seems to like us. Got the rate. Not rape. A fair rate for a posted load these days. Plus, Phoenix has been HOT lately. Slide West and grab a team load going back East on Monday. That's the plan. Another 2000-2500 early next week. :)
Now, if the Carolinas and TN would improve a bit. Gotten cheap down there this week. Bad. Boo. Yuck. Puke.

I hear that St. Louis has been hot lately. Especially the north side.

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter

Yeah as i was leaving Hill Log. I saw them pulling in lol

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
First time I went there my GPS took me up a skinny curvy 2 lane road

I've been there more times than I can count or at least remember lol. Now it's easy just get off I81 go to cougar trail rd. I have only been driving for 13 months so I don't know how it was before.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Unions. Pfst!!!!

If WalMart treated [and paid] "Associates" halfway decently, they wouldn't want a union. But if they needed [and got] a union, they wouldn't need food stamps to feed their kids. They won't get one though - when the meatcutters voted to join a union, WalMart fired them, and contracted the jobs to an outside vendor.
They treat truck drivers delivering to their locations like trash, too.