August locations.... Here come the dog days

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Short trips seem to be where the money is at because to many knuckleheads are focused on revenue. These past 4 weeks I have been running short trips that had me run half the miles but produce the same revenue, plus I have been home each weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

actually...too many focused on MILES instead of revenue....longer loads generally pay less then short ones.....but a lot of drivers are on this miles kick!!....gotta have them miles...they think if they drive 3,000 + miles a week they are making money.....which they probably are....just because of the volume......"give me quality over quantity" any day....you can quote that!....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the other month dispatch called about midnight....pick up right here on Inkster going over to Brownstown...guess everyone thought it was so bad no one bid on it... dispatch put in a whacky bid and won it.....run over toss in 4 bins over to Brownstown and back,, 22 miles round trip..back in the yard in just under an hour.....$250 bucks to me....Cha Ching!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
That's nice!! A Friday or two ago I did 4 shorties between Detroit, GR, Holland, Lansing and Taylor. I think it was $835 with about 65 miles if DH total.

TonyD

Active Expediter
Headed home to Florida. Time to get the wing out and ride to Daytona. Enjoy the weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Short trips seem to be where the money is at because to many knuckleheads are focused on revenue. These past 4 weeks I have been running short trips that had me run half the miles but produce the same revenue, plus I have been home each weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Shorts are great especially if you can get 2 in the same day but with a 2 pm delivery on a Saturday may be the only one I get till Monday most of the 3pls I deal with close at noon on Saturday. Not set up with many of the expediters yet haven't been seeing a lot of cargo van loads from the few expedite brokers I deal with at this time. so it will most likely be find a motel with a lounge near by till check out Monday.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

I did a load once... 40 mi dh, then 45 mi loaded, then another 40 mi dh to get to my next pu. I did a favor, and didn't ask any of the traditional "What's in it for me?" questions. Never again. A straight truck should NEVER get that low... even from Laredo... and ESPECIALLY for a mini.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Any vans stuck in Laredo? Have your peeps call Continental. They've been posting a Laredo to Little Rock all night.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up in Woodstock Ontario this evening. Taking the load home. Delivers Monday to Warrenton MO. Get to sleep at home Friday and Saturday night and head out late Sunday to make the delivery. Love getting the higher Canada rate when only 15% of the miles were actually in Canada. Paid DH and the higher rate for all miles!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Picked up in Woodstock Ontario this evening. Taking the load home. Delivers Monday to Warrenton MO. Get to sleep at home Friday and Saturday night and head out late Sunday to make the delivery. Love getting the higher Canada rate when only 15% of the miles were actually in Canada. Paid DH and the higher rate for all miles!

I miss doing Canada runs. Other than the usual heavy traffic around Toronto, I saw no problem with it.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Good math!!!

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
Any of you southern people like pimento cheese sandwiches? Trying them for the first time with my sister's homemade mayo recipe. Got the pimento cheese recipe from Trisha Yearwood's cooking show.

love them. Kroger markets have a pimento cheese spread that has jalapeno in it. Gives it a little bite. The Master is famous for their pimento cheese sandwiches. They keep them at a ridiculously low price, $1.50. This year there was a big controversy. Some thought they changed the receipt and were not happy. You don't mess with tradition at the Masters. Jerry Lee

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
love them. Kroger markets have a pimento cheese spread that has jalapeno in it. Gives it a little bite. The Master is famous for their pimento cheese sandwiches. They keep them at a ridiculously low price, $1.50. This year there was a big controversy. Some thought they changed the receipt and were not happy. You don't mess with tradition at the Masters. Jerry Lee

I made mine with freshly grated sharp cheddar and pimento and homemade mayo.... Boy was it good!

HighwayHusky

Active Expediter
Slap in the face to end a wild two week adventure... raced acrossed from el paso to greenville to find out no one will be on site til sinday at 10pm