August locations.... Here come the dog days

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's C&M paying now? Are they steady on their rate, or are they having to find cheaper crap?

It's still the same rate. I had one a little while back that was slightly cheaper, but not much. Maybe like 4 cents or something, not much at all. Holding good to the rate. And, we still get to go to wonderful places, I'm picking up for Baltimore later today. I'm just giddy with anticipation.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the "J" in Pembroke, NY. Seems like we just left here at 6AM this morning, OH WAIT! That is what we did! What a circle! Hope we are not stuck here, that would SUCK!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
At the "J" in Pembroke, NY. Seems like we just left here at 6AM this morning, OH WAIT! That is what we did! What a circle! Hope we are not stuck here, that would SUCK!

I ran out of hours and stayed at the Waterloo Petro last night. I drove home this morning for some weekend fishing which makes this the 4th weekend in a row.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I ran out of hours and stayed at the Waterloo Petro last night. I drove home this morning for some weekend fishing which makes this the 4th weekend in a row.

Lucky you! Wish I was fishing. Sitting in a hot truck, at a stinky truck stop, is NOT my idea of a well spent weekend! IF we are not dispatched for Monday I will likely head to Waterloo. That place is a bit better than this one. I ALMOST went home, might wish I had if we don't get a load.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Lucky you! Wish I was fishing. Sitting in a hot truck, at a stinky truck stop, is NOT my idea of a well spent weekend! IF we are not dispatched for Monday I will likely head to Waterloo. That place is a bit better than this one. I ALMOST went home, might wish I had if we don't get a load.

You'll be pretty close to the Finger Lakes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You'll be pretty close to the Finger Lakes.

Yep, but not allowed to take my truck that far, limited to 1/2 driving per person. No boat either.:( Besides, without a pre-dispatch I am stuck waiting for a load. OH WELL, my fault, shouda, coulda woulda went home. There I would have had my boat, my pick up and Lake Erie. I should know better.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Any of you southern people like pimento cheese sandwiches? Trying them for the first time with my sister's homemade mayo recipe. Got the pimento cheese recipe from Trisha Yearwood's cooking show.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Milan, TN pick up a shorty in the morning to Lawrenceburg, TN 116 miles pays $500

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Not showing off. You may remember the deadhead I had to pick it up.
I DID find a direct route to the pick that knocked it down to 119 mile DH. LOL!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm jealous. I had to drive 384 miles for this $500 load. Well, actually $495. :(
LOL!!

Short trips seem to be where the money is at because to many knuckleheads are focused on revenue. These past 4 weeks I have been running short trips that had me run half the miles but produce the same revenue, plus I have been home each weekend.