August locations.... Here come the dog days

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Took the weekend off. I think i'll take the mrs to Frankenmuth. YUMMO!!!!;)

Went to Frankenmuth, ate like a pig.

zehnder-s-of-frankenmuth.jpg

TonyD

Active Expediter
Richmond va. Headed to jax monday morning. Great weather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It sure is...in Laredo we use it just bc it's easier to keep the truck cool. Though that Pilot is horrid, but I hear the J there is getting idleaire. Plus it's nice to get history channel!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Spent a week at that J. Promised my wife I'd stay out of the strip club across from the Pilot, and I did :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are now at home. We ran hard last week, ending up yesterday in Toronto. Ran out of hours. Had to turn down a couple of runs starting Monday due to the HOS requirements for resets. Our reset will not take place until 0500 Monday. :( Under the old rules next week would have been good. Gotta love it!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning from wonderful Cadillac of Pure Michigan....load got cancelled yesterday due to no lab results on parts till Monday....so I figured as hard as I ran last week just stay up here and be a tourist, have a little down time and maybe I'll get that load out on Monday...only going to Taylor and then Canada...but it gives me time to do my reset.....:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good morning from wonderful Cadillac of Pure Michigan....load got cancelled yesterday due to no lab results on parts till Monday....so I figured as hard as I ran last week just stay up here and be a tourist, have a little down time and maybe I'll get that load out on Monday...only going to Taylor and then Canada...but it gives me time to do my reset.....:p

Good fishing up there.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter

You have time..... How's about swinging by my place and cutting the grass?

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Delivered in Miami and then moved up the road to Flying J in Ft. Pierce, Florida. Just not feeling it here! Might I die of old age before getting load?

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
it's a myth. i used this location for over a decade now & never had a problem here.
2 weekends ago the service shop did an excellent job working on the truck.
{and for an extra seance of security, i can always parked in the middle of the pond...:)}

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered in Miami and then moved up the road to Flying J in Ft. Pierce, Florida. Just not feeling it here! Might I die of old age before getting load?

Freight goes downstate, not up. Try Jax or Waycross, GA. No chain truckstops in Waycross; go to the Flash Foods store on the west end of town. Not as comfortable as a J, but it's the equal of nearly any Pilot.

TonyD

Active Expediter
Hey scott Headed to jax predispatched for tomorrow to maine. We live across state in Gainesville. Usaully Head North to ga or charlseton to get started. Have gotten out of Orlando and lake city though. Heck hit the beach. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Hey scott Headed to jax predispatched for tomorrow to maine. We live across state in Gainesville. Usaully Head North to ga or charlseton to get started. Have gotten out of Orlando and lake city though. Heck hit the beach. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums
Hmobile app

Hey Tony. I like the sound of that "hit the beach" man! I think we'll just kick back and enjoy and if it happens it happens. Thanks for info. Enjoy Maine. My only trip to Maine was couple of years ago to Portland and got out within 24 hours. Be safe!