The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When in doubt, just lie.....

Yeah, right on. When in doubt, blame it on Trump. In this instance WAPO wants us to believe the guy who repeatedly told Congress under oath our southern border was secure.

"We are meeting the moment,” he said, adding: “We have the immediate needs right now..."

But the fact is, FEMA is NOT meeting the moment. If they do have the money and resources, that makes their lack of response even more egregious because the relief isn't getting to the people in W. NC who need it. I have a close friend who lives in Asheville who just started getting cell service four days ago. He still has no power or water, and has seen no sign of FEMA relief efforts. It's even worse for the people in the rural areas in upper E TN and WNC. The only thing that's keeping them alive is relief efforts by private organizations, and FEMA is trying to interfere with that. Keep in mind that all these counties except Buncombe (Asheville) vote deep red.

If this were a GOP administration the WAPO would be raising h*ll just like they did with Bush and Katrina. Instead they deflect the Biden/Harris/Majorkas failures to Trump. Watch NC and GA go Red in Nov.

• Haha
Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, right on. When in doubt, blame it on Trump. In this instance WAPO wants us to believe the guy who repeatedly told Congress under oath our southern border was secure.

"We are meeting the moment,” he said, adding: “We have the immediate needs right now..."

But the fact is, FEMA is NOT meeting the moment. If they do have the money and resources, that makes their lack of response even more egregious because the relief isn't getting to the people in W. NC who need it. I have a close friend who lives in Asheville who just started getting cell service four days ago. He still has no power or water, and has seen no sign of FEMA relief efforts. It's even worse for the people in the rural areas in upper E TN and WNC. The only thing that's keeping them alive is relief efforts by private organizations, and FEMA is trying to interfere with that. Keep in mind that all these counties except Buncombe (Asheville) vote deep red.

If this were a GOP administration the WAPO would be raising h*ll just like they did with Bush and Katrina. Instead they deflect the Biden/Harris/Majorkas failures to Trump. Watch NC and GA go Red in Nov.
The scope of this storm is just way beyond what FEMA can plan for, when a storm hits Florida, its all flat land and you are not going to have the kind of destruction you are seeing in North Carolina. They are saying parts of I-26 wont be open until March, and I-40 wont be open until September. Cell service, power, and water has nothing to do with FEMA, the fact that cell service is back up is remarkable.

So the fact that they had to convince Trump to release aid to California because it was going to republican areas is ok with you? Or do you just say that was made up and didnt happen?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Old Trump Displays His Decline

Trump did a dance at a rally yesterday. Notice the only joints moving are his knees and elbows. His feet remain firmly planted on the ground. His neck, shoulders, spine, and hips do not move. In his younger years, videos show Trump to be an accomplished dancer. No more. His aging brain and nervous system no longer communicate well with the muscles people use for proprioception, mobility and balance. His coordination and range of motion are diminishing from disuse.

In our gym, we help a good number of people with these conditions. Much of what's missing can be regained with a good training program. But Trump never exercises in a way that would make a difference, so he will continue to decline. And the decline will accelerate as the factors compound and reinforce the others.

BTW: Harris is younger. Videos showing her movements show she has none of the limitations Trump displayed with his rally dance.

Video: x.com

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Old Trump Displays His Decline

Trump did a dance at a rally yesterday. Notice the only joints moving are his knees and elbows. His feet remain firmly planted on the ground. His neck, shoulders, spine, and hips do not move. In his younger years, videos show Trump to be an accomplished dancer. No more. His aging brain and nervous system no longer communicate well with the muscles people use for proprioception, mobility and balance. His coordination and range of motion are diminishing from disuse.

In our gym, we help a good number of people with these conditions. Much of what's missing can be regained with a good training program. But Trump never exercises in a way that would make a difference, so he will continue to decline. And the decline will accelerate as the factors compound and reinforce the others.

BTW: Harris is younger. Videos showing her movements show she has none of the limitations Trump displayed with his rally dance.

Video: x.com
This is a concocted nothingburger.
Even if true, ( which it isn’t )we aren’t electing a dancer. We are electing a president.
Also, curious about your “expert” analysis about Biden’s cognitive deficiencies from four years ago. It in no way prevented some that NOW are bringing up Trump’s imagined decline from voting for Biden in 2020. His mental decline was clear to see daily.

Reactions: Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's also liberal propaganda concocted to convince voters that Trump is as feeble and demented as Biden; it has no basis in fact, and is a red herring meant to be a distraction from meaningful issues.

That said, here's two points to consider:
1. Trump's physical and mental condition allow him to still generate an excellent golf swing (at age 78), which requires strength, balance, mental concentration and hand-eye coordination. He recently played with Bryson DeChambeau in a pro-am match.

2. Trump went back to Butler, PA yesterday to a huge rally at the location of his first assassination attempt. Recalling that first event when he was shot, let's remember Trump's reactions during and immediately after shots were fired; he grabbed his ear and immediately ducked for cover before being smothered by SS agents. As he was being hustled off stage he had the presence of mind to stop and raise his fist in defiance, assuring the crowd he was OK. These aren't the actions and reactions of a feeble, demented and confused old man.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's also liberal propaganda concocted to convince voters that Trump is as feeble and demented as Biden; it has no basis in fact, and is a red herring meant to be a distraction from meaningful issues.

1. Trump's physical and mental condition allow him to still generate an excellent golf swing (at age 78), which requires strength, balance, mental concentration and hand-eye coordination. He recently played with Bryson DeChambeau in a pro-am match.

2. Trump went back to Butler, PA yesterday to a huge rally at the location of his first assassination attempt. Recalling that first event when he was shot, let's remember Trump's reactions during and immediately after shots were fired; he grabbed his ear and immediately ducked for cover before being smothered by SS agents. As he was being hustled off stage he had the presence of mind to stop and raise his fist in defiance, assuring the crowd he was OK. These aren't the actions and reactions of a feeble, demented and confused old man.
Excellent point about his reaction. It was an iconic response. Hence the reason the Left have tried so much to memory-hole it to the public and instead attempt to gaslight people that he’s not well.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Even if true, ( which it isn’t )we aren’t electing a dancer. We are electing a president.
Also, curious about your “expert” analysis about Biden’s cognitive deficiencies from four years ago. It in no way prevented some that NOW are bringing up Trump’s imagined decline from voting for Biden in 2020. His mental decline was clear to see daily.
Unless the Trump dance video is fake, and no one is suggesting it is, there is nothing concocted about this. You can see Trump's limited movements with your own eyes.

I'm not a doctor but I don't have to be to recognize the symptoms Trump is displaying. We work with people every day in our gym to help them regain the functional abilities Trump lacks. When people display the limitations Trump presents, they know something is wrong. If they have insurance or can pay out of pocket, they seek help.

Trump may be getting treatment behind the scenes. That's hard to know because, for reasons I never understood, Trump has been forever loathe to reveal even the slightest illness, ailment, or infirmity.

Regarding Biden, I never posted here about his decline because I did not expect him to make it through the election. If you go back and look, you'll see me say multiple times that Biden may not be the Democratic nominee.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Physically, aging is a use-it-or-lose it endeavor when it comes to functional ability. What you don't use fades as we age. And even what we do use, generally declines. Trump is not immune from these effects. No one is.

Having eaten unhealthy food his entire life, and being opposed to exercise like he is (he has said so, and other than golf no one has seen him work out), and being overweight as he is, he seems to be blessed with good genes. Frankly, I'm surprised he has lived this long. To his credit, he does not drink or smoke.

His golf swing is weaker, not stronger, as would be expected in an aging male. That move has been well-rehearsed for decades and he continues to make it multiple times per week. Accordingly, his golf swing falls into the "use it" category.

Most of the time Trump spends on the golf course, he is seated in his golf cart. He carries nothing. People hand him his club. If he had to walk the distance from the tee to where his ball landed after a good drive, he would have a very difficult time if he could do it at all.
The use of some capabilities like a golf swing does not carry over to others. For example, having a good golf swing does not make it easier to walk up and down the steps of his airplane.

When you watch that, you'll see him moving slowly, firmly grasping the railing, and often looking at his feet. He still takes one step after another, but I expect to soon see him placing both feet on the same step before stepping up or down to the next.

Mentally, having a good golf swing does not keep him from slurring his words (anomic aphasia) and rambling incoherently at press conferences and rally podiums.
Even advanced Alzheimer's patients, have their moments of clarity. It is common for hospice patients to "rally" before death comes. They are unresponsive or barely responsive for a time. Then, a day or two or three before they die, they perk up and their loved ones notice the improvement. A good hospice staff will explain the rally to all concerned.

I'm not saying Trump is an advanced Alzheimer's patient or experiencing a hospice-type rally. I will suggest that getting shot has a way of getting your attention. The resulting adrenaline rush and intense focus explains his actions on stage that day. Trump did indeed have the presence of mind that day that you mention. That's the exception, not the rule.

Trump consistently navigates steps slowly, looking at his feet; slurs his words; rambles incoherently; often contradicts himself; and when he dances, it's nothing like he did before. He dances like one whose functional abilities have declined and continue to decline.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Regarding Biden, I never posted here about his decline because I did not expect him to make it through the election. If you go back and look, you'll see me say multiple times that Biden may not be the Democratic nominee.
I’m referring to over 4 years ago when Biden became the nominee.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I’m referring to over 4 years ago when Biden became the nominee.
I did a search. I said very little about Biden in all of 2020. What I did say related mostly to how he was doing in the polls. I made no comments about Biden's cognitive state, or about most anything else beyond Biden and the polls. I did not look but I don't think I said much about Trump's cognitive state back then either.

Biden's cognitive state, and Trump's was not on my radar four years ago.

Biden won. He was a highly effective president (gauged by policy changes established and laws passed). He showed signs of decline which prompted concern among Democrats. He responded to that concern by withdrawing from the race.

Now, it's robust Harris v. cognitively impaired Trump. Younger Harris v. very old Trump. Before it was old Biden v. old Trump. Big difference for voters to consider in 2024. Advantage Harris