The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
An Important 14th Amendment Legal Point Has Been Made

"On Friday, Colorado District Judge Sarah Wallace rejected three arguments by Trump and the Colorado GOP to dismiss the case before the scheduled October 30 trial date. One of the most powerful points the judge made was rebuffing the argument that state officials have no discretion over who is placed on the ballot if a political party wants that person listed."

"... if Trump loses this case over the 14th Amendment — or any of the similar ones in states such as Michigan and Minnesota — his name would not appear on the ballot in those states since he would be deemed constitutionally disqualified to be a candidate for president.

"But regardless of the decision in Colorado, even legal scholars who have opined that Trump violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment have acknowledged that ultimately this issue must go to the US Supreme Court for a final decision."
(Source)
Desperation from the Left. They see Trump leading in the polls(which they keeping saying are meaningless. Yeah right.) and don’t want the people to decide at the voting booth the next president.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Desperation from the Left. They see Trump leading in the polls(which they keeping saying are meaningless. Yeah right.) and don’t want the people to decide at the voting booth the next president.
They want every US citizen to vote, even as Republicans consistently engage in voter suppression. The more citizens that show up to vote or vote by mail, the better, they believe. They also believe no one who is ineligible to be on the ballot should be on the ballot.

A person who has not attained the rightful age is not eligible. A non-US citizen is not eligible. And a person who participated in an insurrection is not eligible.

Is Trump ineligible because he participated in an insurrection? That's the question before this Colorado state court. Court date is Oct. 30.

I'm not experiencing desperation. I'm experiencing satisfaction. I love, love, love that this question is being taken up in court; a proper and orderly venue where legal experts make their best arguments.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another endorsement for Trump:
View attachment 23180
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Johnson was disqualified after a review of bureau of elections found nearly 9,400 of this 23,000 signature he submitted were fraudulent.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Johnson was disqualified after a review of bureau of elections found nearly 9,400 of this 23,000 signature he submitted were fraudulent.
So what?

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Face-Off

Michael Cohen is testifying in the NY fraud trial today and Trump will attend. Cohen will be a calm, unintimidated, articulate witness whose testimony will be corroborated by documentary evidence. Trump has been previously admonished by the court for his disruptive behavior as he sits at the defense table. Outside of the courtroom, he has been a loud, ranting crybaby. Today, Trump will be forced to sit silently and listen as Cohen speaks at length about Trump's crimes and guilt.

The two men have not met personally in a few years. Cohen is more than a little pissed at Trump, and he knows quite well how to push Trump's buttons. I expect Cohen will be clever and take every opportunity he can to set Trump off, while himself abiding by the protocols of the court.

Will Trump maintain emotional control, or will he lose it for all to see? There is no protective order applying to Cohen specifically, but witness intimidation is still a crime, and Cohen is a witness. Trump may well remain composed at trial today and he may abide by the law. Or he may lose control and thereby hurt himself and his case. I give it 50/50 either way.

I must admit I'm taking some pleasure at this situation. Trump does not have the initiative here. He is the defendant, responding to complaints leveled by the NY AG. His usual methods of deny, delay and defend are no longer working. He has already been found liable for massive fraud, and his books and fraudulent businesses practices are being exposed. In other words, the truth is coming out, and there is nothing Trump can do to stop that. And today, he must sit silently and listen as one of his biggest enemies speaks freely under oath in the spotlight.

The defense will certainly come at Cohen hard, attacking his credibility. Cohen is a convicted liar. He went to prison for lying. He was also one of Trump's top henchment for many years, which does not speak well for his ethics. But as I said above, Cohen's testimony will be supported by corroborating evidence. And he is not testifying to a jury in a jury trial. He is testifying to a judge in a bench trial. A judge is a different kind of audience who us accusomed to decifering the testimony of all sorts of characterers.

While no longer licensed, Cohen is a skilled attorney. He will know what's up in this situation and will know how to give his testimony in the best possible light. Trump is the variable.

Will Trump lose control of himself or maintain composure? Like I said, 50/50.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Another Trump Attorney Pleads Guilty

Jenna Ellis just plead out.

Her Statement is below (emphasis mine). The other lawyers with many more years of experience she mentions includes Guiliani.

"Thank you, Your Honor, for the opportunity to address the court. As an attorney who is also a Christian, I take my responsibilities as a lawyer very seriously, and I endeavor to be a person of sound moral and ethical character in all of my dealings. In the wake of the 2020 presidential election, I believed that challenging the results on behalf of President Trump should be pursued in a just and legal way. I endeavored to represent my client to the best of my ability. I relied on others, including lawyers with many more years of experience than I to provide me with true and reliable information, especially since my role involved speaking to the media and to legislators in various states. What I did not do, but should have done, Your Honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true were in fact true. In the frenetic pace of attempting to raise challenges to the election in several states, including Georgia, I failed to do my due diligence. I believe in and I value election integrity. If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Donald Trump in these post-election challenges. I look back on this whole experience with deep remorse. For those failures of mine, Your Honor, I have taken responsibility already before the Colorado Bar who censured me, and I now take responsibility before this court and apologize to the people of Georgia. Thank you." (Source)

Of the 19 people originally indicted, Fani Willis now has obtained guilty pleas from four of them. She is making good progress.

"Ellis agreed to be sentenced to five years probation along with a $5,000 restitution. She will also be required to complete 100 hours of community service and is expected to cooperate and testify against Trump and his 15 remaining co-conspirators as part of her plea deal." (Source)

Referring to Ellis's online fundraising for her legal defense fund, Trump critic Ron Filipkowski offers this interesting comment:

"When all you MAGA people were sending $217,000 to Jenna so she could fight Fani Willis, did you know she was going to enter a quick guilty plea, blame Rudy, agree to testify against others, and say she wishes she never got involved? Keep sending these grifters your money, rubes!"

Final Note: Ellis is a Republican. Like the three before her who also flipped, these are not Democrats lining up to implicate Trump. They are Republicans who have the evidence to do it.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interfered in an election. Gets “slap on the wrist.” And the company he worked for gets a huge contract afterwards.
2 Tier and It Pays:
IMG_4951.jpegIMG_4947.jpegIMG_4948.jpegIMG_4949.jpegIMG_4950.jpeg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another Trump Attorney Pleads Guilty

Jenna Ellis just plead out.

Her Statement is below (emphasis mine). The other lawyers with many more years of experience she mentions includes Guiliani.

"Thank you, Your Honor, for the opportunity to address the court. As an attorney who is also a Christian, I take my responsibilities as a lawyer very seriously, and I endeavor to be a person of sound moral and ethical character in all of my dealings. In the wake of the 2020 presidential election, I believed that challenging the results on behalf of President Trump should be pursued in a just and legal way. I endeavored to represent my client to the best of my ability. I relied on others, including lawyers with many more years of experience than I to provide me with true and reliable information, especially since my role involved speaking to the media and to legislators in various states. What I did not do, but should have done, Your Honor, was to make sure that the facts the other lawyers alleged to be true were in fact true. In the frenetic pace of attempting to raise challenges to the election in several states, including Georgia, I failed to do my due diligence. I believe in and I value election integrity. If I knew then what I know now, I would have declined to represent Donald Trump in these post-election challenges. I look back on this whole experience with deep remorse. For those failures of mine, Your Honor, I have taken responsibility already before the Colorado Bar who censured me, and I now take responsibility before this court and apologize to the people of Georgia. Thank you." (Source)

Of the 19 people originally indicted, Fani Willis now has obtained guilty pleas from four of them. She is making good progress.

"Ellis agreed to be sentenced to five years probation along with a $5,000 restitution. She will also be required to complete 100 hours of community service and is expected to cooperate and testify against Trump and his 15 remaining co-conspirators as part of her plea deal." (Source)

Referring to Ellis's online fundraising for her legal defense fund, Trump critic Ron Filipkowski offers this interesting comment:

"When all you MAGA people were sending $217,000 to Jenna so she could fight Fani Willis, did you know she was going to enter a quick guilty plea, blame Rudy, agree to testify against others, and say she wishes she never got involved? Keep sending these grifters your money, rubes!"

Final Note: Ellis is a Republican. Like the three before her who also flipped, these are not Democrats lining up to implicate Trump. They are Republicans who have the evidence to do it.
She still has legal fees and decided that she couldn’t get a fair trial in heavily Democratic Fulton County. She will now have to deal with lost income due to this partisan witch hunt against her and others for being a lawyer and challenging an election.

Last edited:
  • Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the walls are closing in. It takes time for the cases to work their way through the courts. This Meadows development moves things in that direction. As a witness, Meadows will be devastating to Trump's defense.
It was reasonable for Trump to believe the election was stolen. It had the earmarks of it.
IMG_4960.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT