The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Most likely working.
They showed up in similar circumstances before. Now they are not showing up.

It used to be fun to be a Trump supporter. You could dress up in fun costumes, scream at the world that let you down, and pretend you had a super hero who had special powers that would make things better. It's not fun to watch your hero be found liable for fraud, be stripped of his prize business assets, and sit in court as the people who are really in charge decide what his additional punishments will be.

And in response to all this, what is our hero saying? "Witch hunt." "Deranged judge." Politically motivated prosecutors." "I've done nothing wrong." The same old stuff he's been crying for years.

Now that the trials are beginning, it's not working any more (if it ever did). And it's not fun to be MAGA any more either.

That is why the plaza is empty.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They showed up in similar circumstances before. Now they are not showing up.

It used to be fun to be a Trump supporter. You could dress up in fun costumes, scream at the world that let you down, and pretend you had a super hero who had special powers that would make things better. It's not fun to watch your hero be found liable for fraud, be stripped of his prize business assets, and sit in court as the people who are really in charge decide what his additional punishments will be.

And in response to all this, what is our hero saying? "Witch hunt." "Deranged judge." Politically motivated prosecutors." "I've done nothing wrong." The same old stuff he's been crying for years.

Now that the trials are beginning, it's not working any more (if it ever did). And it's not fun to be MAGA any more either.

That is why the plaza is empty.
People still dress up at rallies. Fly flags at their homes. Nothing has changed in that regard.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It's a possible indicator of declining support for Trump.

This where you answer by posting poling data, which I'll ignore because it's meaningless horse-race polling about people's behavior a year from now. The polling of interest now will be in a week or two or a month. Then we'll see what impact, if any, the trial is having on Trump's popularity. Better still, we'll await the polling a month after Trump's properties are taken from him. Let's see how much support he maintains when the perceived winner businessman becomes the confirmed loser.

I cannot say at this point what the results will be. An empty plaza is an indicator, but not much to go on. Give it time.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Must Think His MAGA People are the Dumbest People on Earth

Trump said today, "I think it's very unfair I don't have a jury."

He knows full well the reason he does not have a jury is because he specifically requested a bench trial. Now he publicly complains about the unfairness of having a jury? How dumb do people have to be to believe that? How ignorant of the facts do they need to be?

The answer is, very dumb and very ignorant. And Trump seems to think that's exactly what his supporters are. Why else would he say such a thing that he knows is factually and verifiably false? Who other than a die-hard Trump supporter would accept such a statement?

Reactions: RLENT

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump Must Think His MAGA People are the Dumbest People on Earth

Trump said today, "I think it's very unfair I don't have a jury."

He knows full well the reason he does not have a jury is because he specifically requested a bench trial. Now he publicly complains about the unfairness of having a jury? How dumb do people have to be to believe that? How ignorant of the facts do they need to be?

The answer is, very dumb and very ignorant. And Trump seems to think that's exactly what his supporters are. Why else would he say such a thing that he knows is factually and verifiably false? Who other than a die-hard Trump supporter would accept such a statement?
Do you mean to tell me, they are not.
Maga is complaining about just the thing you are saying.
Just read some of the comments posted right here on EO.
Most of it is utter nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's a possible indicator of declining support for Trump.

This where you answer by posting poling data, which I'll ignore because it's meaningless horse-race polling about people's behavior a year from now. The polling of interest now will be in a week or two or a month. Then we'll see what impact, if any, the trial is having on Trump's popularity. Better still, we'll await the polling a month after Trump's properties are taken from him. Let's see how much support he maintains when the perceived winner businessman becomes the confirmed loser.

I cannot say at this point what the results will be. An empty plaza is an indicator, but not much to go on. Give it time.
An empty plaza in Democrat heavy New York. A lot of people are fleeing the city.
On one hand people complain that Trump has support because he's NOTORIOUS ORANGE and also say he doesn't.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Interesting Questions RE Bench Trial
  • Did Trump intentionally request a bench trial as the paperwork indicates?
  • Did his attorneys request a bench trial as the paperwork indicates but without asking or telling Trump?
  • Did Trump and his attorneys actually want a jury trial but got a bench trial instead because they mistakenly checked the wrong box?
Legal-expert commentators are astounded that Trump and/or his legal team requested a bench trial. Some say it is legal malpractice for Trump's attorneys to decline a jury trial and choose a bench trial instead. The answers to the above questions are available. The people who completed and signed off on the form know exactly what happened. But if they say nothing, we're all left to wonder.

I don't believe for one second that a mistake was made on the paperwork. With Trump hiring "the best people" for his legal team, and the high stakes associated with this trial, there is no way the form would have been submitted without being proofread multiple times. The box that was checked was intentionally checked. Trump got a bench trial because that's exactly what he and/or his legal team (and also the AG) asked for.

1696288963248.png

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump got a bench trial because that's exactly what he and/or his legal team (and also the AG) asked for.
It would be easy to see the logic of Trump and his legal team preferring to take their chances with a NY judge instead of a NYC jury.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It would be easy to see the logic of Trump and his legal team preferring to take their chances with a NY judge instead of a NYC jury.
Yes indeed. I think that may very well be the reason they opted for a bench trial.