The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What did Mr.Coomer say in his posts that red flagged people?
This article about Coomer contains some quotes that appear to be accurate. And yes, I realize this is a right wing publication, but the info about Coomer makes one wonder about the content of his character and any basis he might have for this lawsuit.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This article about Coomer contains some quotes that appear to be accurate. And yes, I realize this is a right wing publication, but the info about Coomer makes one wonder about the content of his character and any basis he might have for this lawsuit.
Thanks. “Head Of Security”. Interesting…

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
... but the info about Coomer makes one wonder about the content of his character and any basis he might have for this lawsuit.
You can wonder all you wish. The matter is now in the courts where it can be rationally argued in a proper legal forum where the law and rules of evidence truly matter.

Newsmax has already admitted and apologized for its baseless and harmful reporting. More will likely follow. Clearly, Newsmax believes there is enough basis for the lawsuit that they deemed it wise to settle. If the suit was baseless, they would have successfully argued that in court.

But the suit is not baseless. The defamation happened in plain view and is well documented. And the harm done is easily demonstrable.

As I said, the accountability train continues to roll.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That former election security fellow repeatedly lied to police officers in the video. Makes one wonder what else he may have lied about.
Also, he could have seriously injured someone. How do you crash into a building anyway?
12E23FA0-0C1D-49B4-B45D-C1E6E148E776.jpeg

Reactions: Pilgrim

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Not Guilty on all charges.

View attachment 21583
That's one win for a protester and hundreds for the DOJ. A win is a win and if we're going to accept the court outcomes of previous cases, and future cases, we must accept this outcome too.

From the link muttly posted: "Calling Martin’s conduct “minimal and non-serious,” McFadden found it “plausible” that Martin was allowed into the building and did not realize the grounds were off-limits to the public." Also, "Taking the stand in his own defense, Martin said he was “waved” into the building by Capitol police."

Muttly has talked numerous times about cops waving people in. In this case, the defendant convinced a judge that actually happened, and the defendant was acquitted because if it.

As to this being a "major blow to the Justice Department’s aggressive prosecution of January 6 protesters," as muttly's quoted news sorce claims, time will tell. My sense is it will not be a major blow.

While it may be true some cops waived people in, that does not appear to be what happened in most cases. Cases are tried on the facts of those cases, not on the facts of other cases. This acquittal is the exception, not the rule. A trend setter I do not think it is.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's one win for a protester and hundreds for the DOJ. A win is a win and if we're going to accept the court outcomes of previous cases, and future cases, we must accept this outcome too.

From the link muttly posted: "Calling Martin’s conduct “minimal and non-serious,” McFadden found it “plausible” that Martin was allowed into the building and did not realize the grounds were off-limits to the public." Also, "Taking the stand in his own defense, Martin said he was “waved” into the building by Capitol police."

Muttly has talked numerous times about cops waving people in. In this case, the defendant convinced a judge that actually happened, and the defendant was acquitted because if it.

As to this being a "major blow to the Justice Department’s aggressive prosecution of January 6 protesters," as muttly's quoted news sorce claims, time will tell. My sense is it will not be a major blow.

While it may be true some cops waived people in, that does not appear to be what happened in most cases. Cases are tried on the facts of those cases, not on the facts of other cases. This acquittal is the exception, not the rule. A trend setter I do not think it is.
It’s on tape that an officer waved people into the Capitol. There is also tape of officers standing by the open doors and allowing people to walk in. How are they to know it was illegal to enter if the officers just stood by the door acted like doormen? This happened to more than some want to admit.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fact: Jude finds J6 defendant not guilty.

Speculation: This nukes DOJ charges

False Implication: The DOJ says walking through an open door is a crime. (Not true. The DOJ has never said any such thing.)
Why did they even file charges against Martin then? He walked into the building and took a selfie. Big whoop. He faced four charges for doing that. What a joke. They should focus on prosecuting people that committed acts of violence and property damage. The rest is just overzealous prosecutions of people who were there to protest.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
How do you crash into a building anyway?
When it happens, the cause is often the driver mistaking the gas pedal for the brake pedal. And it happens surprisingly often. Our gym is part of a franchise of 5,000 gyms. Every now and then, a gym owner will share on our forum video of a car crashing through a gym wall.

When Diane and I were expediters, I saw two buildings that had been crashed into by trucks. One at a truck stop. One at a rest area. I was told the one at the truck stop was a driver who failed to set his air brakes and the truck rolled down a slight hill into the building. I do not know how the other truck/building crash happened.

In our strip mall, our video system once captured a truck crashing into a building. This big rig took a corner too tight and clipped the corner, causing heavy damage.

How do you crash into a building anyway? The circumstances vary but it happens surprisingly often.

My reply has nothing to do with Coomer. It's a response to the question quoted above.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why did they even file charges against Martin then? He walked into the building and took a selfie. Big whoop. He faced four charges for doing that. What a joke. They should focus on prosecuting people that committed acts of violence and property damage. The rest is just overzealous prosecutions of people who were there to protest.
When one person in one case is found not guilty and hundreds of others who are charged are found guilty or plead guilty, that is hardly overzealous prosecution. It is nearly perfect prosecution with the charges being correctly laid and competently argued in court or pre-trial.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Apparently hundreds were let in by police.
View attachment 21585View attachment 21586

Yawn.

This news story about a released tape is nearly 7 months old. That tape is available to prosecutors and defendants alike. It's called evidence and is or will be certainly included in defense and prosecution arguments, just like all other evidence that has a bearing on these cases.

Reactions: Ragman