Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
  • Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Exactly. Reading comprehension must be in short supply among some.
"...last year's deadly attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters." This is a direct implication that the Trump supporters killed people using lethal force; they didn't. On the other hand, a Capitol policeman did use lethal force - intentionally, and without justification he, alone caused an unnecessary death.

Boyland could very well have died from adverse side effects of adderall - this is a dangerous drug. But if that was the primary cause, why wouldn't the DC medical examiner release the complete autopsy results to the family?

"Adderall side effects range from common, mild issues such as loss of appetite, nausea and insomnia to more serious but rare issues such as seizures, heart attack and psychiatric disorders. The drug has a black box warning for a high potential for abuse, and Adderall misuse may lead to cardiovascular events and sudden death."

How about the fact that the Trump supporters were there to kill democracy, they wanted to throw out the results of an election to install Trump as a dictator.

I can’t believe I would have ever voted for this scum bag, what the hell was I thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds like they're making liberal trolls play by their own rules. Twitter bans accounts that call people who unlawfully cross our borders "illegal aliens".

#whataboutism
This hashtag is not only pointless, but also a complete non sequitur. But it did make me take a second look at my post and see more clearly what's actually taking place as we compare (as best we can at this point) the websites.
I would expect his site to not do what he griped about what the others do.
It remains to be seen if Truth Social will do what Twitter and Facebook do - which is ban outright or shadowban would-be members for their opinions or political beliefs. However, it appears in the case of the Yahoo News article that guy was banned for trolling or ad hominem attacks, against one of the top administrators of the site. Not very smart, and perfectly legitimate for any website that provides a public forum.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It's tech. Glitches can be fixed.
It remains true that tech can be fixed, and it appears Truth Social has much to fix.

"'The basic thing they needed to actually get right to get someone in the door, they couldn't get right," said Bill Fitzgerald, a privacy researcher. The "ineptitude of the rollout," he added, could be a warning of future issues ahead: "There is no better sign of a rushed implementation than the fact that you can't onboard anybody. So I'm hard-pressed to understand why anyone would trust that these people would keep their information safe.'"

For perspective:

"The truthsocial.com website, which allowed for early sign-ups, got about 350,000 visits last week, down from 2 million visits the week of its announcement in October, according to estimates from Similarweb, an analytics firm that tracks and estimates Web traffic. Facebook and Twitter each get hundreds of millions of visits a week."

(Source)

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
For people who placed high hopes in the Manhattan DA's investigation and prosecution of Trump, this is very bad news. While details of the resignations remain murky, the resignations are a fact. They happened. Trump is likely thrilled.

While the Washington Post cites unnamed sources (a practice I dislike and seldom quote), they offer the following explanation:

"NEW YORK — Two prosecutors heading the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal probe into Donald Trump’s business dealings have resigned from their positions — frustrated that after their former boss authorized them to seek an indictment against the former president, the new district attorney appeared uninterested, multiple people familiar with the situation said." (Source)

"Asked if Wednesday’s developments would affect the civil probe, New York Attorney General Letitia James’ office said 'the investigation is ongoing and there is a robust team working on it.'”

Commented noted, but it should also be noted the Manhattan DA's investigation was once said to be ongoing with a robust team working on it too.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the article it says it offers very similar to what Twitter offers. Well, yes, that it what people are expecting and want. Truth Social to be like Twitter, but with Trump on it as a draw for people to join and that won’t kick off those who have a contrary opinion from the “establishment approved “ orthodoxy.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Further evidence that Trump's star is fading.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For people who placed high hopes in the Manhattan DA's investigation and prosecution of Trump, this is very bad news. While details of the resignations remain murky, the resignations are a fact. They happened. Trump is likely thrilled.

While the Washington Post cites unnamed sources (a practice I dislike and seldom quote), they offer the following explanation:

"NEW YORK — Two prosecutors heading the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal probe into Donald Trump’s business dealings have resigned from their positions — frustrated that after their former boss authorized them to seek an indictment against the former president, the new district attorney appeared uninterested, multiple people familiar with the situation said." (Source)

"Asked if Wednesday’s developments would affect the civil probe, New York Attorney General Letitia James’ office said 'the investigation is ongoing and there is a robust team working on it.'”

Commented noted, but it should also be noted the Manhattan DA's investigation was once said to be ongoing with a robust team working on it too.
D.A. Bragg is reportedly very soft on crime. So New Yorkers get what they voted for.