The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Supreme Court rejects Trump's appeal....

Yet another loss for Trump in court. You gotta give him credit for one thing. He is very, very good at losing in court.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
No surprise there. However, the thing that caught my eye was the spin used by Lawrence Hurley, the Reuters reporter in his description of "last year's deadly attack on the Capitol" (emphasis mine). The only death was that of Ashli Babbit, a Trump protester/rioter who was shot in cold blood by a Capitol policeman.

No - that's incorrect.

There were at least four people who died the day of, or during the attack. Say their names:

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Additionally, there were a number of law enforcement that died in the days following.

These Are the People Who Died in Connection With the Capitol Riot

To this day the mainstream media still consider her death to be insignificant.

Apparently you consider the deaths of the others insignificant ... to point that you remain totally unaware of their identities and utterly ignorant of the fact that they did indeed die.

That's what happens when you view everything through a hyper-partisan lens: you become completely detached from reality.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Did you catch the Fake News in the story you linked?( Deadly attack by a mob of his supporters) That part isn’t true. The “supporters” didn’t kill anyone.
No - that's incorrect.

There were at least four people who died the day of, or during the attack. Say their names:

Kevin D. Greeson died of a heart attack, collapsing on the sidewalk west of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Rosanne Boyland appeared to have been crushed in a stampede of fellow rioters as they surged against the police.

Benjamin Philips, the founder of a pro-Trump website called Trumparoo, died of a stroke.

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer as rioters tried to breach the House chamber.

Additionally, there were a number of law enforcement that died in the days following.

These Are the People Who Died in Connection With the Capitol Riot

Apparently you consider the deaths of the others insignificant ... to point that you remain totally unaware of their identities and utterly ignorant of the fact that they did indeed die.

That's what happens when you view everything through a hyper-partisan lens: you become completely detached from reality.
I think he was referring to who was killed, which was Ashli Babbitt.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Did you catch the Fake News in the story you linked?( Deadly attack by a mob of his supporters) That part isn’t true. The “supporters” didn’t kill anyone.

Wrong.

Of course they did - you're just ignoring it:

I think he was referring to who was killed, which was Ashli Babbitt.

I think he was referring to everyone that died needlessly that day ... and in the days that followed.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sadly you see it that way.

He said Death, unless there is some code speak in there.
In the context of responding to what the reporter specifically said about a mob’s deadly attack. The “journalist” was NOT talking about heart attacks. He was projecting and giving his readers the likelihood they would infer that the supporters killed people. It is sloppy reporting to repeat the Big Lie. But many just regurgitate the same phrase that their Fake News colleagues say in their articles.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wrong.

Of course they did - you're just ignoring it:

I think he was referring to everyone that died needlessly that day ... and in the days that followed.
It is very possible that Roseanne Boyland was also killed, although the medical examiner came to a different conclusion.( drug overdose) The family disagrees with that conclusion and claim that there was no fentanyl in her system. There is video of her being hit over the head by police while she was unconscious. Also, the part of her being possibly crushed was due to officers pushing the people backwards down the stairs on top of each other and not immediately rendering CPR to her. So she very well may have been killed by the police along with Ashli Babbitt.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
From the tweet you shared: "Garland adds: 'We will do what we always do under these circumstance: look at the facts of the law and take it from there.'"

Which to date seems to be pretty much no action and virtually nothing said about the facts supposedly looked at.

DOJ typically does not reveal details of ongoing investigations until they charge/indict someone ... and if they don't charge they don't typically say anything. That's probably as it should be ... although it has its downsides as well.

I say "typically" above because as we all know Trump Toady Billy Barr took a wrecking ball to a whole variety of DOJ standards and normal practices.

Because that's what corrupt people do ... and Barr was about as corrupt as they come.

Having said that, we know:

DOJ is, at least:

Investigating the former President's lawyer, Rudy Guiliani. They have his devices (phones and computers) and a Special Master is still reviewing the contents of those for communications for which there are privilege claims.

Investigating the former President's former advisor Steve Bannon - originally in connection with the fraud and grift associated with the "We Build The Wall" fundraising scam, but he has since had a criminal referral for contempt of Congress sent to DOJ by the January 6th Committee.

Investigating former DOJ official Jeffery Clark, based on a criminal referral for contempt of Congress sent to DOJ by the January 6th Committee.

Investigating the matter regarding stolen Presidential Records - some of which appear to have been classified - that the National Archives referred to them.

The above is the absolute minimum that we know of based on the public record.

And I don't doubt that there might be others.

But Garland's DOJ seems pretty tight as far as leaks go ... which is actually a good thing.

Dr. Marcy Wheeler covers this pretty well on an ongoing basis, often pushing back on those who claim as you do that Garland "isn't doing anything" ...

I suspect that there is nothing to constrain DOJ from pursuing the investigation of other criminal acts by the parties mentioned above if they have a legitimate basis for doing so.

Beyond the Trump Organization/ Weisselberg indictment ... nothing.

Inaccurate - see above.

Reactions: ATeam

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It is very possible that Roseanne Boyland was also killed, although the medical examiner came to a different conclusion.( drug overdose)

... but for the illegal riot spawned by the insurrectionist domestic terrorists, she might not have been crushed and died, and received prompt medical treatment for her condition.

The family disagrees with that conclusion and claim that there was no fentanyl in her system.

What does that have to do with her cause of death ?

The medical examiner said she died of acute amphetamine intoxication.

Amphetamines and fentanyl are quite different substances.

There is video of her being hit over the head by police while she was unconscious.

How do you know she was unconscious ?

Seems like you're making a leap - with facts not in evidence - to push a narrative.

Also, the part of her being possibly crushed was due to officers pushing the people backwards down the stairs on top of each other and not immediately rendering CPR to her.

... but for the illegal riot spawned by the insurrectionist domestic terrorists, she might not have crushed and died, and received prompt medical treatment for her condition.

So she very well may have been killed by the police along with Ashli Babbitt.

Sure ... another "angel" to join divine Saint Ashli in the pantheon of MAGA-tard "heroes" ...

:rolleyes:

Fact Check: Is There 'New Footage' Showing Police Beating Rioter Rosanne Boyland?

:tearsofjoy:

AFAIC, any way you want to cut it, the responsibility for her death lies with the insurrectionist domestic terrorists.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
... but for the illegal riot spawned by the insurrectionist domestic terrorists, she might not have been crushed, died, and received prompt medical treatment for condition.

What does that have to do with her cause of death ?

The medical examiner said she died of acute amphetamine intoxication.

Amphetamines and fentanyl are quite different substances.

How do you know she was unconscious ?

Seems like you're making a leap - with facts not in evidence - to push a narrative.

... but for the illegal riot spawned by the insurrectionist domestic terrorists, she might not have crushed, died, and received prompt medical treatment for her condition.

Sure ... another "angel" to join divine Saint Ashli in the pantheon of MAGA-tard "heroes" ...

:rolleyes:

Fact Check: Is There 'New Footage' Showing Police Beating Rioter Rosanne Boyland?

AFAIC, any way you want to cut it, the responsibility for her death lies with the insurrectionist domestic terrorists.
I think the fact that people in the crowd were giving her CPR gives the likelihood that she was unconscious. There were also witnesses that have said she was unconcious.
The medical examiner said there were amphetamines in her system, but the family said that is due to her taking a prescription of adderral.
Wow, is that how you truly feel about two people that were killed? Quite the departure from your earlier post virtue signaling about another member not recognizing the significance of someone who died. I guess for some it’s their way of rationalizing and convincing themselves that the police weren’t culpable with their deaths when they were.

E5CF4413-20F1-4051-8318-51C3C53DE245.jpeg9871F7A0-175A-4BDF-B04B-05243E09517A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the context of responding to what the reporter specifically said about a mob’s deadly attack. The “journalist” was NOT talking about heart attacks. He was projecting and giving his readers the likelihood they would infer that the supporters killed people. It is sloppy reporting to repeat the Big Lie. But many just regurgitate the same phrase that their Fake News colleagues say in their articles.
Exactly. Reading comprehension must be in short supply among some.
"...last year's deadly attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters." This is a direct implication that the Trump supporters killed people using lethal force; they didn't. On the other hand, a Capitol policeman did use lethal force - intentionally, and without justification he, alone caused an unnecessary death.
It is very possible that Roseanne Boyland was also killed, although the medical examiner came to a different conclusion.( drug overdose) The family disagrees with that conclusion and claim that there was no fentanyl in her system. There is video of her being hit over the head by police while she was unconscious. Also, the part of her being possibly crushed was due to officers pushing the people backwards down the stairs on top of each other and not immediately rendering CPR to her. So she very well may have been killed by the police along with Ashli Babbitt.
Boyland could very well have died from adverse side effects of adderall - this is a dangerous drug. But if that was the primary cause, why wouldn't the DC medical examiner release the complete autopsy results to the family?

"Adderall side effects range from common, mild issues such as loss of appetite, nausea and insomnia to more serious but rare issues such as seizures, heart attack and psychiatric disorders. The drug has a black box warning for a high potential for abuse, and Adderall misuse may lead to cardiovascular events and sudden death."

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I think the fact that people in the crowd were giving her CPR gives the likelihood that she was unconscious. There were also witnesses that have said she was unconcious.

Well certainly at some point she was unconscious ... after all:

... she frickin' died.

The medical examiner said there were amphetamines in her system, but the family said that is due to her taking a prescription of adderral.

The family did not perform the autopsy ... the medical examiner did.

Wow, is that how you truly feel about two people that were killed?

Is what how I feel about two people that were killed ?

What on Earth are you referencing ?

Be specific - I'll wait.

Quite the departure from your earlier post virtue signaling about another member not recognizing the significance of someone who died.

I'm quite aware of their significance ... and their culpability.

I guess for some it’s their way of rationalizing and convincing themselves that the police weren’t culpable with their deaths when they were.

I don't know what that little bit of derp even means.

And you're quoting/linking/screenshotting The Gateway Pundit ... again.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Exactly. Reading comprehension must be in short supply among some.

No doubt true ... for some ...

This is a direct implication that the Trump supporters killed people using lethal force; they didn't.

No it isn't - it's simply what you're inferring from the words that were written.

On the other hand, a Capitol policeman did use lethal force - intentionally, and without justification he, alone caused an unnecessary death.

It was justified and the officer in question was cleared.

Boyland could very well have died from adverse side effects of adderall - this is a dangerous drug.

Yup ... and I'd imagine that it has the potential to be much more dangerous to someone who is poor physical shape and way overweight (>275lbs) ... and has a history of substance abuse.

But if that was the primary cause, why wouldn't the DC medical examiner release the complete autopsy results to the family?

Easy:

It's an ongoing criminal investigation and some of the evidence that they gathered in investigating her death was video footage ... which shows other criminal suspects which may still be at large, and subject to arrest and prosecution.

And that's the exact reason they cited when denying the request for the "full autopsy results".

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'm not going to write off Truth Social in advance. While it's been fraught with delays so far, the present mechanism is at least viable enough to function in a limited fashion in Apple's App Store. No longer delay-ridden, it is now glitch ridden (buggy registration process, long wait lists and sign-up glitches). But Truth Social people are not claiming or pretending it is fully operational at present.

It's tech. Glitches can be fixed. The financial entity behind Truth Social is massively funded. To the extent that money is required to fix the glitches, they have plenty of it.

The political, management, and marketing aspects of Truth Social are something different. In that regard, Truth Social seems to be little more than an ongoing fumble-fest. But even fumbles of that kind can be rectified if the operation is placed in competent hands. Time will tell if that happens. It may indeed happen, so I'm not writing it off.

That said, even if Truth Social instantly became fully operational, glitch-free, and competently run; and if it does not run afoul of the App Store's rules, I expect it to become little more than an echo chamber of Trump supporters, competing for share in the same Trump-supporter market as Parler, Gettr and others.

As a money maker for Trump himself, it has already performed spectacularly. Under the guise of Truth Social, Trump has raised over $1 billion, and he is obligated to deliver nothing in return. Look for Trump to use this platform to raise additional funds from investors and users who remain inexplicably (to me at least) ready, willing and able to give their money to Trump.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
So much for being the "Free Speech" web site.
No surprise.

I fully expect Truth Social to be one of the most closely regulated and highly censored speech sites on the internet.

If someone posted a "Truth" saying, "Donald Trump is too old to run again for president. We need to look to the future and embrace younger and stronger DeSantis," would that "Truth" be allowed to stand, or would the people running the platform censor/cancel it out?

Last edited: