The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
However, her clear bias against Trump does not relieve her of her responsibility to investigate Trump where good reason surfaces to do so, nor does it negate such an investigation where one may be launched.
Her clear bias against Trump should have disqualified her from instigating the investigation in the first place. Under these circumstances an unbiased, independent special prosecutor should have been appointed to conduct the case - assuming one could be found in NY.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Her clear bias against Trump should have disqualified her from instigating the investigation in the first place. Under these circumstances an unbiased, independent special prosecutor should have been appointed to conduct the case - assuming one could be found in NY.

Thanks for tipping your hand.

So ... Alabama then ?

:tearsofjoy:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ahhh ... I see now.

You weren't actually asking a question in good faith ... in order to have a conversation.

Thanks for clearing that up.

:clapping-happy:
I know what the answer is but I would like you to at least admit it publicly so others can see.
Also, you brought up Alabama. I just thought it hysterical that you didn't want to elaborate.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I know what the answer is

Well, I'm sure everybody is interested in what YOU THINK the answer is ... and I'll be happy to tell you my reason.

After you answer my previous question:

"Who is they?"

but I would like you to at least admit it publicly so others can see.

I'll be happy to ... once you answer the question I posed previously (and share your thoughts on what you think the reason is) ...

Just keeping in line with the normal back and forth a conversation is supposed to have.

;)

Also, you brought up Alabama. I just thought it hysterical that you didn't want to elaborate.

You brought up "they" and didn't want to elaborate ... maybe you were just laughing hysterically at yourself ?

BTW: I'm fine with elaborating ... once you do (both on "who is they ?" and what you think the reason is)

;)

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I'm sure everybody is interested in what YOU THINK the answer is ... and I'll be happy to tell you my reason.

After you answer my previous question:

"Who is they?"

I'll be happy to ... once you answer the question I posed previously (and share your thoughts on what you think the reason is) ...

Just keeping in line with the normal back and forth a conversation is supposed to have.

;)

You brought up "they" and didn't want to elaborate ... maybe you were just laughing hysterically at yourself ?

BTW: I'm fine with elaborating ... once you do (both on "who is they ?" and what you think the reason is)

;)
I already said previously: Leftist judges

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I already said previously: Leftist judges

Unless I am mistaken, there only one judge (singular) involved in the case that was being discussed.

So ... not judges.

Now feel free to post what you think my reason was for citing Alabama.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unless I am mistaken, there only one judge (singular) involved in the case that was being discussed.

So ... not judges.

Now feel free to post what you think my reason was for citing Alabama.
A Democrat judge.

Since you still won’t answer my question I’ll answer it for you. You mentioned Alabama because the state voted overwhelmingly Republican and for Trump in the past election. Most likely will find a judge that is a Republican. But you think that may give Trump the advantage and give him a favorable ruling and dismiss the case. Because you think that underneath the judge’s robe is a Republican/ Trump team jersey and also has an accompanied pompom as the gavel.
So you think that wouldn’t be fair, but you do think it’s just peachy to have a judge( a Democrat) from a state like NY who voted heavily against Republicans and Trump to wear his Democrat team uniform under his robe with pompoms. Because that’s different, lol. You know it’s not though.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A Democrat judge.

No idea as to his political affiliation.

Since you still won’t answer my question I’ll answer it for you. You mentioned Alabama because the state voted overwhelmingly Republican and for Trump in the past election. Most likely will find a judge that is a Republican.

Correct.

But there's a little more to it than that.

It was basically because you tend to see certain judicial decisions by judges as being partisan (regardless of the actual partisan affiliation of the particular judges involved)

;)

But you think that may give Trump the advantage and give him a favorable ruling and dismiss the case. Because you think that underneath the judge’s robe is a Republican/ Trump team jersey and also has an accompanied pompom as the gavel.
So you think that wouldn’t be fair, but you do think it’s just peachy to have a judge( a Democrat) from a state like NY who voted heavily against Republicans and Trump to wear his Democrat team uniform under his robe with pompoms. Because that’s different, lol. You know it’s not though.

That's quite a case of projection you have going on there.

Epic in fact.

You may wish to get a tuneup on that mind reader hat.

;)

I'm pretty well inclined to see judges' decisions in light of what I believe the law to be.

Where those decisions depart from that however, I am certainly willing to entertain the possibility that ideology or partisan bias plays a role.

Judges are human after all, and although they are supposed to place their judgements above such things, there are some who apparently can't.

No big surprise there.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No idea as to his political affiliation.

Correct.

But there's a little more to it than that.

It was basically because you tend to see certain judicial decisions by judges as being partisan (regardless of the actual partisan affiliation of the particular judges involved)

;)

That's quite a case of projection you have going on there.

Epic in fact.

You may wish to get a tuneup on that mind reader hat.

;)

I'm pretty well inclined to see judges' decisions in light of what I believe the law to be.

Where those decisions depart from that however, I am certainly willing to entertain the possibility that ideology or partisan bias plays a role.

Judges are human after all, and although they are supposed to place their judgements above such things, there are some who apparently can't.

No big surprise there.
You asked me what I thought YOUR reason was. I gave it.
Democrat judges and prosecutors in general are more team players( for their team) than Republicans. Now with Trump, he went up against both parties so there are some Republican judges that may be against him as well. Especially in heavily Democratic areas like New York and DC where prosecutors and judges live in a 95 -5 Democrat bubble.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I tend to agree, as long as it is also agreed that probable cause to begin an investigation (Cohen's public statement under oath) exists.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Cohen if I remember right has a plea deal in place for giving states evidence against trump.

And when you say Georgia judge I had stacy Abrams sister come to mind.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
News today regarding Truth Social:

"A source familiar with the rollout told FOX Business Sunday that the company is operating under a staged-approach, and explained that TRUTH Social will populate with new users who pre-ordered the app over the next 10 days."
(Source)

Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Cohen if I remember right has a plea deal in place for giving states evidence against trump.
I have not kept up with the details of that story but I think you are correct. Bad news for Trump when his lawyer turns against you. His accounting firm did the same.

Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You asked me what I thought YOUR reason was. I gave it.

Yes - you gave it (wide partisan split in the state in the Presidential election)

Just before diving into all that projecting.

Democrat judges and prosecutors in general are more team players( for their team) than Republicans.

Now with Trump, he went up against both parties so there are some Republican judges that may be against him as well.

Especially in heavily Democratic areas like New York and DC where prosecutors and judges live in a 95 -5 Democrat bubble.

Sure ... :rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Supreme Court rejects Trump's appeal....

Reactions: ATeam and RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Supreme Court rejects Trump's appeal....

No surprise there. However, the thing that caught my eye was the spin used by Lawrence Hurley, the Reuters reporter in his description of "last year's deadly attack on the Capitol" (emphasis mine). The only death was that of Ashli Babbit, a Trump protester/rioter who was shot in cold blood by a Capitol policeman. To this day the mainstream media still consider her death to be insignificant.