September Location

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
.....gee never made it to waddy. sorry if you looked there. while enroute yesterday afternoon we got a call for a load to orangeburg sc. since it wasn't warm and muggy enough in ms we jumped at the chance to go back.

hey ken, we met jeana at the fairview j yesterday. saved my bacon after leaving the keys in the on/not started position for a couple hours.

had some good bbq 2nite. check the layover lounge for details.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
DH'd home from The "J" in Fairview TN...out of service for a week or so...make a few changes to the van, take care of a legal matter and spend sometime with my kids, until i get my fill of the youngest one, the 15 y/o daughter, then I'll go back in service...:D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
DH'd home from The "J" in Fairview TN...out of service for a week or so...make a few changes to the van, take care of a legal matter and spend sometime with my kids, until i get my fill of the youngest one, the 15 y/o daughter, then I'll go back in service...:D

15 year old daughter? I feel sorry for you. :rolleyes: Lemme guess your at home cleaning your gun all day and night :eek:

guido4475

Not a Member
Hey, I live in the country too, the air is anything but fresh:eek: lots of farms LOL

Ahhhh, the fragrances of nature.

Been an awesome week, the best in 6 months, all non-stop since Monday.Over 3,800 loaded miles so far.Prayers answered once again.In Huntsville, Alabama now catching up on sleep.I hope and pray this continues for awile.

guido4475

Not a Member
The only way you can Legally use line 2 ,
is if you have a DOT approved sleeper mounted in your truck.
otherwise ,if you using line one,you HAVE to show a hotel receipt (or another place- like home or a relative address) to prove that you had a place to get rested ,
or you cannot drive.

I had a freind who used to run all over in a daycab Mack, and he carried a tent with him.Don't know if it worked or will work for a DOT requirement, But I always found it funny.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I had a freind who used to run all over in a daycab Mack, and he carried a tent with him.Don't know if it worked or will work for a DOT requirement, But I always found it funny.

If I had a ladder I could put the tent on top the box :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dakota wrote:

15 year old daughter? I feel sorry for you. Lemme guess your at home cleaning your gun all day and night

LOL, i see you have some insight into this age...Ive already been at this point, she has a 24 y/o sister...she had few guys that asked her out only one time, seem that each ine went to school after meeting "the parents" and told other guys that "her dad is nuts", clean several guns when they came over obviously made a big impression!! LOL, even after she was out of school and in college, her brother would run into guys that she went to school with, when they found out Brit and chris were related, more then a few told him his "Dad was crazy"....and he always agreed with them.....lol they things reputations are made of!!! :D

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We're heading home this afternoon for a few days. My oldest granddaughter turned 11 today and we're having a party tomorrow. The kids just grow up so fast when you only get to see them once in a while. :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
still in Mn....reminds me of an Ole / Svend joke....

Ole was milking the cow and a fly kept buzzing around. He shooed it away with his hand and it flew into the cow's ear. He kept on milking and when he looked down he saw a fly floating in the milk bucket.
"Hmmm”, thought Ole, “in one ear and out the udder." :D

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
got a call while still asleep this morn. picked up in n. charleston and on the way to springhill for tomorry deliv.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Just came back out this afternoon. We had phone call last Friday from our youngest son, he had wrecked our little truck. :( Luckily it was a single vehicle accident, and he is fine, but he totaled it. It was paid off, and the insurance company gave us enough to get another one. That can actually wait for a little while because we aren't home that often and we have access to my inlaws vehicles when we are home. So...our bank account just got a little bigger. :D
Heading for Charlotte area tonight.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I was in Akron. Weekend run to Laredo. 38 lbs of nuts. These must be special nuts--it even says so on the paperwork.

eb