September Banter thread

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
i thought so. thanks layout. i maybe a simple hillbilly but we know when a yankee insults us

I was born in the ghetto of Hawthorne, Ca(south central)
Aren't yankee's racist rednecks? Oh and my wife is a Hillbilly and proud of it :p

Don't hold it against me that I am from California....I came to my senses and left there!!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was born in the ghetto of Hawthorne, Ca(south central)
Aren't yankee's racist rednecks? Oh and my wife is a Hillbilly and proud of it :p

Don't hold it against me that I am from California....I came to my senses and left there!!!!

NO, yankees are NOT racist rednecks. They are sails, boats, fishermen or pro baseball players from New York. How many times do I have to say this? :confused::D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
OOhhh my Gosh i was so wrong. you are not a yankee. YOU ARE FROM CALIFORNIA?? AND YOU DARED TO TOUCH MY POST.

Yes, I am one of those nuts from California...I came here to take over the promise land;) Kentucky is next, watch out:eek:

transporter

Expert Expediter
layout becareful when driving near south dakota especially when empty there is regularly alot of hot air coming from there;)

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Hey, I just had a great idea?:rolleyes: Can we start a BBQ-Cooking section? Then everyone will know where to find this fat boy!:D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Doctor for me too, AGAIN tomorrow. What a pain.

Yeah, I hate taking time off too and hate going to the doctor anyhow but today was a good day to do it since it was slow. I will have to remember to schedule my appointments for the day after a holiday weekend.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hey, I just had a great idea?:rolleyes: Can we start a BBQ-Cooking section? Then everyone will know where to find this fat boy!:D

Just start towing a BBQ trailer behind a van and visit all the expeditors....Hmmmm new business venture Expeditor BBQ!!! :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I hate taking time off too and hate going to the doctor anyhow but today was a good day to do it since it was slow. I will have to remember to schedule my appointments for the day after a holiday weekend.

I have been trying to get today's appt for over 6 months. It was sheer luck I got it for today. Same with tomorrow, they told me today that I needed to see this other DR, that one had an opening tomorrow. Sometimes things work out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think we have had this discussion before and both are right or am wrong?
No, you're right. The original of the modern word is expeditor, and is technically the correct spelling, although at this point both are equally correct and have identical definitions.

The word origin of "expedite" is from the Latin expedīre, which is literally to free (ex) the feet (ped) (from "fetter", as from a snare), hence, liberate, from ex- + pēs foot. The past participle of expedīre is expeditus.

The -or is a "Latin occupational suffix" (of expeditus), thus expeditor.

Because the -or expeditor sounds like the -er expediter when pronounced, the spelling naturally morphed into the -er expediter. This began to happen in the late 1890's when the term began to be used more and more within the scope of the Industrial Revolution. Most American English spell checkers will have the -er expediter listed, as it is the more common spelling for American English, and will show the alternate (original and technically correct) spelling as being incorrect.