September Banter & Location

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Truck is fixed...Flywheel was cracked everywhere it could have been, that was a warranty repair...then I had then flush the transmission...regular maintaince item at 50,000 miles...

On the road, empty move north towards Nashville....

guido4475

Not a Member
I had a pretty decent week so far.I really am hoping for one more load before it comes to an end.Thank you, God, and dispatch, for coming through this week! Going back to bed...zzzzz

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Truck is fixed...Flywheel was cracked everywhere it could have been, that was a warranty repair...then I had then flush the transmission...regular maintaince item at 50,000 miles...

On the road, empty move north towards Nashville....

Any idea what caused it to crack? That seems unusual to me.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any idea what caused it to crack? That seems unusual to me.

sounds like maybe just defective...maybe harden to much and just broke up.....it can't be weight related because it is a drive train for a 12,600 chassis...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had a pretty decent week so far.I really am hoping for one more load before it comes to an end.Thank you, God, and dispatch, for coming through this week! Going back to bed...zzzzz

wow..did not even get out from the Yard yet.....

sure a whacky business...one week hot, next week cold..nothing constant....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scott I had the pleasure of meeting your lovely wife today. I tried to tell he what a nice guy you were, I don't think she bought it. :)

Hope your back is feeling better.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scott I had the pleasure of meeting your lovely wife today. I tried to tell he what a nice guy you were, I don't think she bought it. :) Hope your back is better.

Lol thanks dude I'm a lucky man, but no she didn't buy what you said :p
Hope to be back in the game tomorrow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think that is Chef showing up on the mac 19 in the #2 position?...

Laundry is done....did some general cleaning....:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I seen the Flywheel and it had "heat checks all over it....the tech sayes that this is not an abnormal deal on the 6.0 in HD applications with them being mostly 2009s up....he didn't say it was and issue with driveline but that they do a more of them on 6.0's then any other...maybe because they sell more of them, i don't know but he did say it isn't suprising and the parts guy said thay has replaced replacement flywheels on the 6.0s also...

With the heat checking, it would lead me to believe its a "processing issue'....oh also, the "bolt flange" that bolts to the crankshaft is a "press in fit" and "spot welded" to the flywheel...it is not one piece and machined....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I seen the Flywheel and it had "heat checks all over it....the tech sayes that this is not an abnormal deal on the 6.0 in HD applications with them being mostly 2009s up....he didn't say it was and issue with driveline but that they do a more of them on 6.0's then any other...maybe because they sell more of them, i don't know but he did say it isn't suprising and the parts guy said thay has replaced replacement flywheels on the 6.0s also...

With the heat checking, it would lead me to believe its a "processing issue'....oh also, the "bolt flange" that bolts to the crankshaft is a "press in fit" and "spot welded" to the flywheel...it is not one piece and machined....

That is what I thought....the steel is harden too much...and subject to cracking....like what happens when one constantly overheats rotors...they just break like glass...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
When the webbing cracks, the edges "snap" against each other..it can vary from a "rattle" saound to a "knock" you will hear it at idle and just off idle on accel eith under load or just raising the rpms with no load...most often it isn't heard at highway speeds. As it gets worse, it it can come apart with the the crank spinning but not driving the torqueconverter and the vehicle will no longer move....in a really bad case, it can explode and take the transmission housing out also....

Mine while bad, as the center did come out when they took the flywheel out, it never got beyond the point of the load knocking.....remember this started with a rattle that one dealer ordered a "exhaust heat shield" to fix....and sent me down the road to drive it close to 2000 more miles as i waited for the part to come in....that service manager heard from me yesterday....i have settled down now, but needless to say, i am not too welcome in his service dept...BUT, I do know the owner of the dealership...and this isn't over...

The sad part is that 3 dealers missed the problem with off the cuff diagonois...with each of them telling me to just drive it till it gets worse....then finding a dealer to fix it when the problem was for sure figured out....while i won't buy a sprinter, I don't want to ever hear anyone stay that getting them fixed is any harder then a American slop bucket is anymore...Good Mechanics are now appearing to be a thing of the past it looks like...they are just parts pullers and replacers...

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That is why when Dodge had the Sprinter..they had Sprinter only dealers...the shops were equipped for them....some regular Dodge dealers can't lift us either because of the height

When the sprinter first came out, we lifted them on the alignment rack. It was heavy enough, long enough, and lifted them high enough for the most part. The same should be possible for GM dealers.

On another note, I just got a droid phone. Does anyone know where to get the EO app???

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
When the sprinter first came out, we lifted them on the alignment rack. It was heavy enough, long enough, and lifted them high enough for the most part. The same should be possible for GM dealers.

On another note, I just got a droid phone. Does anyone know where to get the EO app???

Nope...but I'm technically challenged!:)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Steve go to the app named "market" that's probably on your home screen and it will be in there.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Found it. Man, there are a lot off apps on there!

Downloaded quite a few.... Wait, there's goes the bathroom app vibrating the phone!! Gotta go.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a fun trip last night. Woke Nick up from a dead sleep with a blood curdling scream. On a nice foggy two lane road in TN, a bear scared the crap out of me. Needless to say my driving time was up, and I kept him entertained for the last 3 hours of the trip.

Must be Bear time. Saw my first Black bear Saturday at 12 noon as it ran across the road about 50 feet in front of me. Very cool to finally see one :) I think I was still in Georgia at the time.