September Banter & Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Must be Bear time. Saw my first Black bear Saturday at 12 noon as it ran across the road about 50 feet in front of me. Very cool to finally see one :) I think I was still in Georgia at the time.

Yeah I seen a cub in the Mts of PA up in the Emporium area in daylight last week....cute little thing....1st one I've seen in 11 yrs...

Ok...woke up pushed back to #2.....3 straight trucks 4 sprinters and 1 CV in this area...what the heck is that all about?....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yeah I seen a cub in the Mts of PA up in the Emporium area in daylight last week....cute little thing....1st one I've seen in 11 yrs...

Ok...woke up pushed back to #2.....3 straight trucks 4 sprinters and 1 CV in this area...what the heck is that all about?....

Looks like a log jam..someone with more time checked out your area and figured out they'd be number 1 and made the move..you know the drill..

Hopefully this will be another busy week and it won't matter.:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like a log jam..someone with more time checked out your area and figured out they'd be number 1 and made the move..you know the drill..

Hopefully this will be another busy week and it won't matter.:)

Well thinkin of hitchin up the horses and getting out of Dodge after breakfast....

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Back in service this morning in Baltimore. Hope this week is better than last.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Out.of service. We will be playing auto mechanic this afternoon or tomorrow morning, depending on the weather. We ledt Nicks.brothers house yesterday. made it to the corner. Tensioner assembly snapped off from the body. :/

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Out.of service. We will be playing auto mechanic this afternoon or tomorrow morning, depending on the weather. We ledt Nicks.brothers house yesterday. made it to the corner. Tensioner assembly snapped off from the body. :/

Bummer, is it a major project?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Good thing Nick carries the new set.....he going to change out all 3.....2 pulleys and tensioner at the same time?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I had one do that. On mine, the arm that goes up to the pulley itself snapped off, in violent fashion.

Depending on where and how it snapped, it may very well be the decoupler pulley on the alternator. That pulley should turn with a little resistance in one direction (the direction that turns the alternator coil) and freely in the other direction. If it doesn't turn freely, you're looking at a new alternator, too.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then it can be a major project costing thousands of dollars. :(

the 05/06's are pretty easy to change once you know the trick to get the rad outta the way without having to take it all out...need room for the fat fingers....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ouch! Is there any preventative, or mileage to go by for replacement prior to that happening?

Not really....they sell a kit 2 pulleys and a tensioner plus belt...we are thinking to change them out maybe once a year or so....just as a preventative measure and cheap insurance...$155 for the kit...