March 2017 this and that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've never cracked a wheel before in my life, but there it was between 3 wheel studs....the noise made me think it was the rear end going bad. The wheel and tire turned out the same price, the wheel studs are $11.00 a piece that's what caught me off guard

Lost in Space.
He-he...
Those prices would have been 300% more in sprinter. And you would have to wait 3 days until they made a part so that another sprinter driver could deliver it to the dealership at $2 per mile in the windy weather.
or welded up the rim and put an inner tube into it....Like another fleet owner did once....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
met with a Canadian driver last night....from Thompson...Promaster diesel...all kinds of electrical problems...in orientation they had to jump start it twice LOL....the rate there is .86 a Kilometer Can..and that is considered a better rate...and they do a 50% reduction on a second pick up....:(

at even a 20% exchange rate... that would be .70 US....but considering a kilometer is only .6 of a mile...that would be close to $1.00...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fastman, from experience you have to rub your Ford's dashboard and speak nicely to it on occasion, as well as mentally will it onward. Unless you really do want to pack it in...

Mine went to a million miles on good intentions

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
met with a Canadian driver last night....from Thompson...Promaster diesel...all kinds of electrical problems...in orientation they had to jump start it twice LOL....the rate there is .86 a Kilometer Can..and that is considered a better rate...and they do a 50% reduction on a second pick up....:(

at even a 20% exchange rate... that would be .70 US....but considering a kilometer is only .6 of a mile...that would be close to $1.00...
EDIT: I hope I heard him right at .86 a kilometer, i hope its not a mile..
...@ .86 a kilometer down here I'd have more money in my pocket for sure...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fastman, from experience you have to rub your Ford's dashboard and speak nicely to it on occasion, as well as mentally will it onward. Unless you really do want to pack it in...

Mine went to a million miles on good intentions

I'm at 500,000 and ready for it just to return to the earth!

Lost in Space.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I've been doing lately:

1 local a week, usually a gift to pay for fuel to drive 1.5 hours to pick up my cheque...

Had many discussions with the carrier owner; last one was he wants a safety on my van; not for insurance, not DOT or MTO...just for him...

(Van was safetied last April)

Will be mailing that to him with his plates so he can be comfortable knowing his competition is safe

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I've been doing lately:

1 local a week, usually a gift to pay for fuel to drive 1.5 hours to pick up my cheque...

Had many discussions with the carrier owner; last one was he wants a safety on my van; not for insurance, not DOT or MTO...just for him...

(Van was safetied last April)

Will be mailing that to him with his plates so he can be comfortable knowing his competition is safe
More O/O's should do the same with silly carriers that wants too much for so little...other then being a dictatorship...

Reactions: jcochristoph

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More O/O's should do the same with silly carriers that wants too much for so little...other then being a dictatorship...
My shock was it actually made an impact on the huge carrier I left before.

With my own plates and insurance back, I'm available...no hard feelings...but no longer exclusive

He is now completing the purchase of a third company vehicle and I think I figured out which get loaded first :rolleyes:

Last year was great, this year...well you're all doing it

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My shock was it actually made an impact on the huge carrier I left before.

With my own plates and insurance back, I'm available...no hard feelings...but no longer exclusive

He is now completing the purchase of a third company vehicle and I think I figured out which get loaded first :rolleyes:

Last year was great, this year...well you're all doing it
you need a safety to get your new stickers that should be enough...these carriers slash our rates and ADD extra expenses unto to our operating costs without justification..and we have no recourse...