March 2017 this and that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at that juncture now where the next load could be my last load

Hey me too!

Lost in Space.
I'm there also.

Me four! Embracing all of this stupidity is starting to wear on me. I picked up a load yesterday afternoon going 726 miles. My 16 hour clock started at 16:45. I burned up 50 minutes (call it an hour) driving to shipper and loading. I now have only a paltry 15 hours to drive 726 miles. That means I must somehow average 48 miles an hour. My delivery time is 09:15 and my gps gives an arrival time of 05:32. Even I should be able to make that! I left the shipper chanting "I think I can, I think I can".

Twenty minutes down the road I get a QC message stating I must take my 5 hour break by 03:00. Golly jee. Is the 16 hour rule now the 10¼ hour rule? Four hours later I get a call informing me that because I must take a five hour break by 03:00 the load will swap. I didn't even bother to try to explain their mistake. This expedite stuff isn't brain surgery. Any moron can drive a van and I'm living proof. But I thought to be a dispatcher one requirement would be at least a grade school education that included some basic arithmetic and how to tell time. The real kicker was that I swapped with an outside carrier! WTF! Where do they find these employees and who are those dudes in the back seat of Calvin's car?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After an hour of playing find the right pick up number, looks like freight is not even here and still at the airport. Not good on a long run.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After an hour of playing find the right pick up number, looks like freight is not even here and still at the airport. Not good on a long run.

if they don't adjust the time...just subtract the time waiting and add it unto the drive time...adjust it yourself and let dispatch deal with it...its their job...they just don't understand how it gnaws on us to be looking late..or feeling late.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
if they don't adjust the time...just subtract the time waiting and add it unto the drive time...adjust it yourself and let dispatch deal with it...its their job...they just don't understand how it gnaws on us to be looking late..or feeling late.

Been there done that, 2 hours into trip I send message to adjust delivery time. Usually works

Lost in Space.

Reactions: Hummer53

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been there done that, 2 hours into trip I send message to adjust delivery time. Usually works

Lost in Space.

Usually, if not always, I get no adjustment and the let's see how it goes line

If I'm still on this load, looking like this afternoon now. One of the reasons I hate booking a day in advance, it hardly ever goes as planned

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Lost in Space.

Usually, if not always, I get no adjustment and the let's see how it goes line

If I'm still on this load, looking like this afternoon now. One of the reasons I hate booking a day in advance, it hardly ever goes as planned

I hate when they pull that line... they are too lazy or no balls to tell the customer the truth...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crazy offer of the day, pick up at 11pm go 180 miles....hmmm no! To much can happen in 11 hours and I miss out on better offers

Lost in Space.

Reactions: Hummer53

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Crazy offer of the day, pick up at 11pm go 180 miles....hmmm no! To much can happen in 11 hours and I miss out on better offers

Lost in Space.
Can't your company pre plan it on you and keep you available for something else short?