March 2010 Location

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had one last night from Sidney, Ohio to Tulsa, Oklahoma...Delivered this mornin about 8 a.m. local time...Just woke up from sleepin, now lets get another please!!! :D

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another- "we can't find anyone to take this load...."

Looks like the Bull pen in Fort Wayne after my drop Friday afternoon....

guido4475

Not a Member
This week is turning out to be pretty decent after all...In N.C now, hoping for another one before the weekends.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This week is turning out to be pretty decent after all...In N.C now, hoping for another one before the weekends.

Patience always pays off...not every week can be a great week...sometimes ya gotta take one on the chin...Everyone gets their turn in the barrel...*L*:D

guido4475

Not a Member
I'm going to try and stay out for awile and ride it out and see what happens..Told my girlfreind about the quarters on the table game....now she wants to go to Canada!!!Going to sleep for awile now.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
At home in Seville, Ohio waiting on co-driver to take drug test after being offfor 2 months.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just got my van title transfered over to the great state of Michigan. They were very friendly and efficient. I paid 271 dollars for a plate that is valid through March of 2011. Also stopped by transportation insurance agency in Toledo "in person" to get my bobtail insurance. My van is currently 100% street legal and can be driven on the highway now.

It feels good to be so close to getting back into the game. I gotta get back home, install my e-track and plywood floor, install new brakes and rotors, do a tune up, replace all of my fluids, get a DOT inspection/DOT physical done, and i'm off to work again. I'm gonna stay out from March all the way till December 25th this year and see what happens.

My cellphone bill is 80 dollars a month, my bobtail insurance is 43 dollars a month, and my wireless internet card will be around 40 a month. That is 163 dollars a month in fixed operating expenses on top of my QC and personal injury insurance. If I can't thrive and survive the market this year, i'm either really unlucky, or just too dumb to be in this business. lol. Any how, I hope you guys stay safe out there and i'll keep you posted on my progress. I might even throw up a few pictures of my van after I take the plumber decals off, wax it, and install my bunk set-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got my van title transfered over to the great state of Michigan. They were very friendly and efficient. I paid 271 dollars for a plate that is valid through March of 2011. Also stopped by transportation insurance agency in Toledo "in person" to get my bobtail insurance. My van is currently 100% street legal and can be driven on the highway now.

It feels good to be so close to getting back into the game. I gotta get back home, install my e-track and plywood floor, install new brakes and rotors, do a tune up, replace all of my fluids, get a DOT inspection/DOT physical done, and i'm off to work again. I'm gonna stay out from March all the way till December 25th this year and see what happens.

My cellphone bill is 80 dollars a month, my bobtail insurance is 43 dollars a month, and my wireless internet card will be around 40 a month. That is 163 dollars a month in fixed operating expenses on top of my QC and personal injury insurance. If I can't thrive and survive the market this year, i'm either really unlucky, or just too dumb to be in this business. lol. Any how, I hope you guys stay safe out there and i'll keep you posted on my progress. I might even throw up a few pictures of my van after I take the plumber decals off, wax it, and install my bunk set-up.

43 a month for bob ins? Post or PM me the insurance company please...E-1 is like a little over a $100 a month
maybe a contact name as well PLEASE!:D

guido4475

Not a Member

Sounds great, I am happy for you. I know how you feel, I went through the same thing last summer.One thing you forgot:paid for or not, Physical damage insurance-to replace it if it gets totalled, just incase.Love to see the pictures of it soon!! I suggest also getting I-Pass also, it will save you time and money.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
OVM, as far as I know, it is a special rate that the transportation insurance agency gives to drivers who are leased on with Bolt Express. My bobtail insurance was around 100 a month when I was leased on with Demaris Transportation last year. The insurance company that I have is the "Hudson Insurance Company" that is what it says on my proof of insurance card. Maybe you can call them up and get your rates reduced. I also listed the van's declared value at 7500, so i'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I'm not sure what your declared value is. But if you have a lower declared value, your bobtail insurance will also be lower because you have a reduced vehicle value.

Yeah, Guido, I got full coverage on the van with a declared value of 7500 bucks. It is all good. But when you buy a van out right, it really isn't a good thing to wreck it until you've made a good amount of money off of it. If it is just a lease van, or a va that you are making payments on, wrecking it is not bad because you have your GAP insurance that covers the entire thing. I am so glad that i'm gonna avoid the nasty winter stuff until next year. After all, I'd like to put away a few thousand before I go sliding up into guard rails like our friend Panther_Art...no pun intended.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm curious Blizzard, which residence do you claim as primary for property taxes?

I live in a bedroom at my friends house in Michigan when I am out east and I stay at my mothers house when I am in California. I have claimed California as my primary state of residence for 07, 08, and 09 but i'm going to switch my drivers liscense over to Michigan some time within the next few weeks. So, Michigan will be my new base of operations with a few pit stops out in sunny southern California from time to time. I'll miss the weather out there, but them dummycrats, queers, freaky environmental people, peta folks, and general whackos can have the entire state. As far as i'm concerned, we need to contain all of the nuts In one state and California is the test pilot program.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I may lower my replacement value to market price now it is 5 yrs old....

A buddy of mine got burned..he was paying the new value, got totaled and the ins comp. regardless what he paid for, would only go as high as blue book....he was over paying. Needless to say he was pizzed had he known to reduce replacement value.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I live in a bedroom at my friends house in Michigan when I am out east and I stay at my mothers house when I am in California. I have claimed California as my primary state of residence for 07, 08, and 09 but i'm going to switch my drivers liscense over to michigan some time within the next few weeks. So, Michigan will be my new base of operations with a few pit stops out in sunny southern California from time to time. I'll miss the weather out there, but them dummycrats, queers, freaky environmental people, peta folks, and general whackos can have the entire state. As far as i'm concerned, we need to contain all of the nuts In one state and California is the test pilot program.

and you are moving to Michigan?*LOL* it is almost the same now...Examples...LayoutScooter and Greg...:D

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
I may lower my replacement value to market price now it is 5 yrs old....

A buddy of mine got burned..he was paying the new value, got totaled and the ins comp. regardless what he paid for, would only go as high as blue book....he was over paying. Needless to say he was pizzed had he known to reduce replacement value.

Transportation insurance agency in Toledo rates are $2 per k physical damage, $1 per k lib, oct/act $20. per week. This is what I was told.