March 2010 Location

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Very bad week. unloaded in Marion OH, a week ago this am. went to the petro just south of Toledo for breakfast and sleep, My wife Jill called to tell me my 89 year old Dad had a bad stroke and was being transported to a hospital in Lansing Mi.
I rewrote my log and headed for lansing.
Dads stroke was massive with no hope of recovery, later that evening we had the tubes removed. That was about 01:00 Thurs morning and he past away about 22:30 Sat.
We had 3 vistitations over Monday and Tue. with a huge standing room only funeral yesterday morning. Along with the Preacher we had a family friend give a little talk then our local Masonic lodge gave the masonic funeral rites. the prossession to the cemetary was led by the state police and 3 of our local fire trucks with the county police bringing up the rear. The national gaurd was at the cemetary to fold the flag with the V F W giving the rifel salute
He was a man loved by all who knew him and he knew everyone. He leaves a huge gap in my life that will take a long time to heal.
I hope this was not too long of a post but I needed to talk.

Your father will not only be missed by you but by a country that owes their very freedoms to him. Sounds like he lived a wonderful life.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
dieselwrench...our sincerest condolences. You are blessed to have had your father as long as you did. May he rest in peace.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Diesel Wrench, My Condolences and Prayers go out to You and Your Family! But it does sound like your Father Led a Great Life and was Loved by Many! He's in a Better Place Now watching Over You and the Rest of your Family and Friends!

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dieselwrench I lost my dad a few yrs back, but I still talk to him daily....and he answers me....you and your will be in my prayers...

Home and OOS...for the time being....

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Still Home in Toledo, Going for a Stress Test soon Then Hopefully Be Back out!
Also waiting for Fed-Ex to deliver my New Satellite box cuz the Old one Give up the Ghost! :eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Still Home in Toledo, Going for a Stress Test soon Then Hopefully Be Back out!
Also waiting for Fed-Ex to deliver my New Satellite box cuz the Old one Give up the Ghost! :eek:

Will be just up the road from you tomorrow!!! Heading straight to the house after our midnight delivery in Indy!! Getting the new "Gumbies" on the front around 10am tomorrow.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran a short one from Anaheim to Nogales Tues night. Usually loads out of here have some good miles. Now if the phone would just ring.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Will be just up the road from you tomorrow!!! Heading straight to the house after our midnight delivery in Indy!! Getting the new "Gumbies" on the front around 10am tomorrow.

FedEx gets a really big discount on tires at Speedco. I had a post on here earlier about it. Just ask for it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FedEx gets a really big discount on tires at Speedco. I had a post on here earlier about it. Just ask for it.

Speedco does not sell the tire I use. They do have a great discount. Our discount on the National Account for the Michilen steers is wonderful. We get it any where that honors those accounts.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Speedco does not sell the tire I use. They do have a great discount. Our discount on the National Account for the Michilen steers is wonderful. We get it any where that honors those accounts.

Just wanted to make sure you knew about it. After the great price and service they gave me in Denver I want to recommend them to all FedEx o/o's.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just wanted to make sure you knew about it. After the great price and service they gave me in Denver I want to recommend them to all FedEx o/o's.

And I thank you for that. I was aware but it is always nice to see others in here looking out for each other. On that line, all you FedEx types, be sure to look in the "discount" section on the extranet when you need tires. That Speedco and all other tire discounts are listed in there along with any documentation you may need to get your discounts.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Having coffee with the owner of Espar of Michigan.

Talking about the industry while they are installing my heater.

It is nice to work with people who listen to you!

I can't imagine going any place else for a First Class heating system.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Little rest for the wicked...picking in Memphis @ Fedex...stopped in here at Olive Branch 3 P2 CV's....