layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We once were offered a load, to pick up in the parking lot of the truck stop we were sitting at. We had to go around to the other side of the row we were parked on and put the freight on our truck. The sad part was the drivers partner had some kind of "attack" and could not drive, had to be taken to the hospital. All turned out ok for him. We all have to remember to try to take care of our personal maintenence as well. One because it will help you live longer and two because we need to try to insure we don't casue an accident do to our health. Layoutshooter

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Bringing this thread back to its original intent, we are in Syracuse, NY until Monday morning.

moose

Veteran Expediter
About a few weeks ago , doing a pre trip safety inspection ,
i have found a broken coffee jug assembly .
I have immediately called for a delay ,
and fixed it before it become a major Hwy pileup on an icy road.
i take my coffee very seriously , and get it ship to me from Europe .
safety first .

Jacobs Coffee

Moose.

DougTravels

Not a Member
As yet, No Louisiana load for me. I went to the PU today and the freight had never arrived from Ohio. I did get about 135.00 dry run pay for the 135 mile DH. It might be for the best in the long run. I mighta been stuck down by New Oreans for a while. Oh well, I guess I wait it out here at the J in Burns, TN.

DougTravels

Not a Member
How's that O'l Chevy pulling 4 U with 8 horses less ... ?

Moose.

HAHA Moose, it took me a minute to get that. It felt real good painting over them! You still getting miles over there? Hopefully no more 93 cents allin. By the way if you ever switch, I'd recommend painting over their logo, they stick them on there real good!

I didn't even notice the 8 less horses

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the heads up Aristotle - I hadn't even checked it today .... just scoped out the radar and it looks like it's just west of here, all along the western hills of the Shenandoah .... it should be pretty once everything gets covered.

Glad I'm not driving in it though.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
earlier today the weather channel was calling for snow flurries up to 3" atlanta, chattanoo and charlotte with 6 or more monday for beantown.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL... Boy, talk about ancient history! It turned out to not be a bad head gasket. It was just a leaking valve cover gasket that the Freightliner dealer screwed up when they put it on.

I don't recall the price of the room.