June Location with banter

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We have had a couple of nice weeks. We haven't posted in awhile. We have been enjoying our travels. We had the long run from Washington State, to California to Texas to Chicago to Ohio, a couple weeks ago. That run took a week to do, not because of us but because of the office hours of the companies we were picking up from. So it was a very leisurely run to say the least. I was able to get back to my research on my family tree. I have been working on the family tree off and on for the past 4 years. I really enjoy working on it.

We then had a run from OH to Mississppi. We sat in Mississppi over the weekend. It was very hot there so we stayed in the truck, outside of going in to restraunt to eat a few times. I worked on the family there also. I talked to the nephew of my greatgrandmother on the phone and got a lot of infomation that I didn't have previously. It was a good weekend all in all. We let dispatch know that we wanted to get back to our home area since we had planned on going on vacation this coming weekend.

Dispatch is awesome! They were able to get us a load Monday night that delivered in Livonia, MI on Wed. morning.

So we delivered in Livonia, MI Wed morning and went to the yard afterward. We wanted to stop in and tell dispatch what a great job we feel they do for us and goodbye for a week. We picked up our bumpers we had ordered and had sent to the service dept.

We came home to Delta, and visited with grandbaby and kids for a little while. Tracy hooked up an DC outlet to the motorcylce so I could charge my phone and use the GPS on the trip for our vacation.

Tracy and our son Joseph, who is home for the summer from college, (He needs to find a job for the summer.) went to Youngstown OH this morning to drop off the truck. We are leaving it at TSI to have some maintance done while we are gone.

We will be leaving hopefully by 5pm tonight for our trip. We will be riding our motorcycles from Delta Oh to Bessemer, MI (U.P.). We will be staying in Bessemer for a week. Tracy's siblings and us all get together once a year, rent a house and vacation together. We take our motorcycles, either trailering them or riding them to the destinination house. Then we spend a week together and go out on 100 -250 miles excusrions every day of the week.

We draw cards at the end of the week to decide who will pick the next location for the following year. When picking a location you pick a State and City where the vacation will be for the following year. You also have to make all the arrangements of finding a house large enough for 6 couples. We hope to get the 48 connected states done, of course we will be quite old when we finish them, lol.

We have a lot of fun together. We are looking very forward to it. The Las Vegas 2 couples are already there. The other 2 couples from the Toledo area will be leaving Toledo tomorrow via car. We are leaving tonight and riding our bikes. The men from Vegas rode from Vegas to Bessemer. The Women flew into Detroit and then borrowed a car from one of the Toledo, siblings and drove the rest of the way. So we are planning on arriving Saturday morning. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary so we plan on taking our time and enjoying the ride.

So we will talk to you all after the 4th of July have a great week.

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Road King have a great vacation, sounds like fun. I'm home in bed with a summer head cold that has knocked me out :(

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have had just the opposite. Dropped Tuesday early am near the bmw plant in SC. Bunches of expediters coming in to the ta, setting a few hours and gone, I am still waiting on something to happen.

Sorry Xiggi, you are currently our longest sitter. For some reason "cheap" is not the right term in that area right now.

guido4475

Not a Member
Havent had time to post for awile..been super busy...3,556 loaded miles in 5 days..45 miles deadhead...God, how I love this company...Warren, ohio, to el paso, then el paso to lansing mi 5 hours later..With a parking lot of blair vans there...way to go!!Our dispatch is kicking some major butt!!Patience and peserverance pays off, along with prayer...And faith...In the company as well.

It is so nice how our drivers stay and stick together.Nice how we find each other and talk to each other, help each other out, care about each other.adding to that family feeling only felt and experienced at Load One.

Kens on his way to Moonsocket, Rhode Island...with 800# of chocolate...Wouldnt it be funny if when he arrives to the consignee, he has chocolate dripping out his backdoor???

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good to you running strong Guido!! That new "bigger" ride certainly shows that "size matters"...:D

On another note, I ran into a friend of yours, he runs for C & M and drives a Chevy CV, he said he hadn't talked to you in a while...he also asked if i was "slow like the other Load 1 drivers".....LOL...I told him he needed to talk to you more often, as your situation had improved a bunch....:D

PS, I think t is "W"oonsocket RI....:)

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Havent had time to post for awile..been super busy...3,556 loaded miles in 5 days..45 miles deadhead...God, how I love this company...Warren, ohio, to el paso, then el paso to lansing mi 5 hours later..With a parking lot of blair vans there...way to go!!Our dispatch is kicking some major butt!!Patience and peserverance pays off, along with prayer...And faith...In the company as well.

It is so nice how our drivers stay and stick together.Nice how we find each other and talk to each other, help each other out, care about each other.adding to that family feeling only felt and experienced at Load One.

Kens on his way to Moonsocket, Rhode Island...with 800# of chocolate...Wouldnt it be funny if when he arrives to the consignee, he has chocolate dripping out his backdoor???

er..that's WOONSOCKET! and therre's a Woonsocket, SD too..think that destination would be even finer..my man's got chocolate!!!:p

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran a load last night from Wahalla Sc to Cinci. Now dispatch please.... I need one more decent load to make it an ok week. Find me one and OVM has some chocolate for you.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Ran a load last night from Wahalla Sc to Cinci. Now dispatch please.... I need one more decent load to make it an ok week. Find me one and OVM has some chocolate for you.

noosirree! I got dibs on that chocolate..but alas...he delivered it...now he needs a trip from Woonsocket to Sioux Falls...my cabinets and countertops will all be in on Monday and I really would like to get my kitchen back...:D

And my new floor will be laid on Monday! Yippee!

And my door man will be here Saturday morning! It's coming together!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ugh...what a loooong night....chocolate out the kazooo....LOL

Now, where da hack am I? :p Woonsocket?

At a Walmart...

oh yeah Lowes called...Micro is in...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in Bama...had to call the "stripe" guy and cancel the appointment i had for today on the off chance i would be in the area...John, Brian needs to talk with Jason and kinda have him work with us when we are in the area instead if on an appontment only basis....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
ugh...what a loooong night....chocolate out the kazooo....LOL

Now, where da hack am I? :p Woonsocket?

At a Walmart...

oh yeah Lowes called...Micro is in...

YES! Almost the last piece to the puzzle..hey..we can get John to expedite that load home...long dead head from Rhode Island though..:)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dispatch please get OVM outta Rhode Island I don't want him to start talking like Quint from Jaws.