January Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ken, i take it you did a shorty yesterday ?

Yes Sir..and right after US Scott got a 1900 miler to Oakville Ont and the straight also got out....things are moving down here....the rates suck tho....for Load 1 standards but so goes it....if a customer needs a quick pick up I might get a better rate..hardly anyone over here...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good Morning from I 70 as I move thru Ill...Sooo Flash Flooding is suppose to hit "central Texas" today and tomorrow....Should be a interesting drive late tonight... :eek:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
darn the luck. well, still seems a bit slow yet. so i guess i dont feel to bad. hope you get a good one out of there today.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Morning from I 70 as I move thru Ill...Sooo Flash Flooding is suppose to hit "central Texas" today and tomorrow....Should be a interesting drive late tonight... :eek:

and it is moving towards you Chef.....it missed here...

Thanks Tom....I know I'll get the best rate possible out of here....

Straights are averaging about $1.10 all in, the ones I've talked to,...cv's about .70..to get out

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM wrote:

and it is moving towards you Chef.....

well the shipper held me up an hour and a half last night, if this storm is that bad,Ill run as long as i feel its safe, but I'll just stop and go to sleep and wait it out if need arises...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
wow that is low, went away to the open forum and got distracted by the great post in the soapbox on elderly people. anyway, i would hate to have to come out that low but you gotta decide when its not good to be there anymore. after doing laredo so much for the last few years and now not going down there much, we dont miss it much. we do miss the HEB and a few eating places and tina misses the sketchers outlet. imagine that,. a women missin shoe shopping. OMG

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
wow that is low, went away to the open forum and got distracted by the great post in the soapbox on elderly people. anyway, i would hate to have to come out that low but you gotta decide when its not good to be there anymore. after doing laredo so much for the last few years and now not going down there much, we dont miss it much. we do miss the HEB and a few eating places and tina misses the sketchers outlet. imagine that,. a women missin shoe shopping. OMG

as long as you are aware what might happen...just make sure the inbound rate is high enough to balance the outbound rate...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Morning all. Just woke up after a long night. Took a load to the Grand Rapids area and dropped it about 2000. Frankie called earlier with one coming back that picked 7 miles from where I dropped. It was a 0700 delivery so I dropped it at the dock. Got here about 0030. Fixed myself some chow and hit the sack.

Leg woke me up at 0630 totally cramped up. Danced around the sleeper for 30 minutes before it finally relaxed. Now, it's just sore. There's got to be something they can do to remedy this. I can't run one day and then take another day to recover.

Gonna fix some b'fast, grab a shower, and see how it feels. May have to shoot home and see the doc. :(

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Morning all. Just woke up after a long night. Took a load to the Grand Rapids area and dropped it about 2000. Frankie called earlier with one coming back that picked 7 miles from where I dropped. It was a 0700 delivery so I dropped it at the dock. Got here about 0030. Fixed myself some chow and hit the sack.

Leg woke me up at 0630 totally cramped up. Danced around the sleeper for 30 minutes before it finally relaxed. Now, it's just sore. There's got to be something they can do to remedy this. I can't run one day and then take another day to recover.

Gonna fix some b'fast, grab a shower, and see how it feels. May have to shoot home and see the doc. :(

Can you use a tens unit? We got one for.Nicks mom for.her fibromyalgia and it did help some. We bought it on Amazon for.about $120. I used one while.I was in physical therapy with my knee, and Nicks used it on his back with great results.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Can you use a tens unit? We got one for.Nicks mom for.her fibromyalgia and it did help some. We bought it on Amazon for.about $120. I used one while.I was in physical therapy with my knee, and Nicks used it on his back with great results.

My daughter used one of those without a lot of success. She had the same disc rupture as mine. She's had four surgeries to my two. Doc set me up with one, but it didn't help. Seems the nerve damage is too severe and the second surgery was more extensive than the first. I will ask him again since this muscle cramping is new. I didn't have it the first time.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
My daughter used one of those without a lot of success. She had the same disc rupture as mine. She's had four surgeries to my two. Doc set me up with one, but it didn't help. Seems the nerve damage is too severe and the second surgery was more extensive than the first. I will ask him again since this muscle cramping is new. I didn't have it the first time.

Hopefully they can find something for you

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation. its a little machine with pads that you place on the skin similar to those of an ekg machine. the pads are tethered to a little machine which you control strength frequencies and length of the stimulation. It makes the muscles contract and loosen stimulating the nerves. Its kind of an odd feeling.