December 2014

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's the way good dispatchers make the planets line up. That's the way ya hope all Shorty's work.
My first one was a 6am delivery with some layover pay built in but I thought it's early like 9 pm why not do a drive by.... Bingo they were open .... Which made available for the 2nd load.,,,

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Perry Ohio to Matthews NC, guess it pays to call in!

I'm in STATESVILLE, NC...delivered in Cleveland, NC yesterday morning and not had an offer...hope u get out easier than I am...had one nibble...here to Bremen, IN but they don't seem to know how to set the hook....getting ****ed with sitting available for them and it doesn't cost them a dime for my time

f4ftrucker

Rookie Expediter
45 minutes of sleep since yesterday at 0630. Loaded in Oconomowoc WI going to Jonesboro AR. Wish me luck staying awake. Hopefully they let me sleep tomorrow since it will be my birthday.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in STATESVILLE, NC...delivered in Cleveland, NC yesterday morning and not had an offer...hope u get out easier than I am...had one nibble...here to Bremen, IN but they don't seem to know how to set the hook....getting ****ed with sitting available for them and it doesn't cost them a dime for my time

Most likely a Greensboro heading back north... At least that's what my book of notes says, but it has been a few years since I was down there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Really? U R whinning about sitting nearly 1 day?....you have a lot to learn....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
45 minutes of sleep since yesterday at 0630. Loaded in Oconomowoc WI going to Jonesboro AR. Wish me luck staying awake. Hopefully they let me sleep tomorrow since it will be my birthday.

Many are wishing you luck....trust me.....I am sorry but driving when you know you are tired like that is just silly.....

Last edited:

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've done Milwaukee to Seattle in 36 hours solo. Left Friday 4 pm unloaded Sunday 5am. Great pay took in place.

That was back in march. Slept for 19 hours after that.

I did a 20 minute military nap in billings mt.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've done Milwaukee to Seattle in 36 hours solo. Left Friday 4 pm unloaded Sunday 5am. Great pay took in place.

That was back in march. Slept for 19 hours after that.

I did a 20 minute military nap in billings mt.

I understand..I did that way back when as well....we tend to push ourselves when the gravy is available...:)

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
My van team had 1 run last week to Des Moines IA for 500 miles. Then this week they ran from Des Moines to NC for 1100 miles and did a pickup this morning at 6am headed to Larado for 1600 miles. Might even get lucky with another run before pay period ends.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Slowly working my way back up to the north got a shorty from Knoxville to Nashville now sitting at the ta awaiting new adventures of course rt after I left a 20 mile deadhead to Detroit popped up
Win a few lose a few it's all a crap shoot!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Might hafta put the skimpy dress on again. Five calls in three hours, no joy. Even an 80cpm to Phoenix seems to have slipped away, and that's with me 12 mi from the pick :(

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a my hot load on, hanging out at the house, dinner with my wife, then heading out, I think 12 hours is good for a 500 mile run.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Wishing you early birthday wishes!