August locations.... Here come the dog days

moose

Veteran Expediter
heading for a D&PU in Birmingham, then taking a restart somewhere in ChicagoLand.
any suggestions?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Just got mine fixed at the Tampa TA, the condenser was shot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Fixed ours earlier this summer now it's something else...I've been a little grumpy last day and a half without AC! :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Fixed ours earlier this summer now it's something else...I've been a little grumpy last day and a half without AC! :)

I have been running the northern parts of the country so I haven't needed it but I took a load to FL which was a mistake. It was an oversize load and FL thought they should add an extra department and update their computer systems at the same time. The update crashed their system so it took 2 days to get the permit so we had to get a motel room in Kingsland, GA because it was to hot for the dogs without AC.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I have been running the northern parts of the country so I haven't needed it but I took a load to FL which was a mistake. It was an oversize load and FL thought they should add an extra department and update their computer systems at the same time. The update crashed their system so it took 2 days to get the permit so we had to get a motel room in Kingsland, GA because it was to hot for the dogs without AC.

Ouch! Ours went out just after leaving Laredo and we were up north and hopping so we put it off a few days but delivered yesterday in Alabama and that was horrible...decided to get it fixed before the weekend so we could not miss hopefully a good weekend run!

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Or closest Walmart to our drop. Easy shot at Chicago, Milwaukee or Rockford. Cheaper route!!

Actually, Moose, you're better off depending where in Chicagoland you drop, you have options.
1. If you deliver in the south burbs, ie Joliet or anything along I-80. Stay at the Pilot in Minooka. You're close to I-39 to get to Rockford. Run I-80 east if you have to go to Indiana. Can Run I-55 to I-294 to get to Milwaukee.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
List alternator at 45 miles out. Looks like I'll make it to the drop. 27 miles out now and showing about a hair shy of 12 volts. Good strong battery helping, I think.