We don't like your kind around here.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in a van and have never had a problem at a WalMart. I park on the outer edges of the lot. I make a point of purchasing something from the store. Oil and filter for the next oil change, toothpaste, something for home, anything so I can honestly say I am a customer if I should be questioned.

It only takes one driver with a loaded spread axle trailer who decides to make a u-turn on warm soft pavement to ruin it for everyone.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Add WalMart at Pasedena, Texas to the list. I spent $47 there and the security guard gave me the boot. I asked to see manager and she radioed inside and the manager came on and said "tell him no parking period". There was an 18 wheeler there also, but he fired up and left when he saw us talking. ANd he bought a cart full of items. Guard said the parking lot was not built for bigger trucks. So, I left.

BTW
there were no signs posted about parking or trucks.

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
Sometimes it is overzealous security guards on a power trip, sometimes it's a naive manager on a power trip that uses security as his or her own personal army, and sometimes it is restrictive city ordinances.

The Southaven, MS at Goodman Rd & I-55, Olive Branch, MS, Bartlett, TN on Hwy 64 @ I-40, and Jackson, TN locations have city ordinances prohibiting Overnight Truck parking.

Not sure about the Huber Heights location, as I've not seen signs there, and I have seen trucks there, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a manager on a power trip. Then again, knowing the city of Huber Heights it is entirely possible that there is a city ordinance however.

Last edited:

interstategar

Veteran Expediter

South of Charlotte, I 485, exit 1, just north is a Walmart that kicked me out after 2 hours. I run a cargo van. Company policy
there. I moved next door to the Lowes parking lot, and wasn't hassled. The Walmart has 24/7 security truck riding around. The security didn't bother any 18 wheelers that park there overnight in the Walmart lot though.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Westminster, CO I-25N out of Denver, exit 225. At midnight the security guard started waking everyone up and telling them to move along. I asked if there was suitable parking nearby. He said to go across the street to the Home Depot, because it was outside Westminster city limits. The walmart in Commerce City, closer into Denver does allow trucks, even big ones.

I mark my atlas with a green W to note a walmart with diesel. A blue W means it's a good walmart for fuel and overniting. I cross it out if I get run off. I note J, P, and L for the lower priced truckstop diesel in a given area. One night south of Kansas City the county mountie pulled me over for something I didn't do, and I did the polite thing and let him search my vehicle. It was one of those scenes where you see five black and whites with flashing lights lined up behind someone who isn't having a good day. I couldn't see everything they were looking at, but there was a lot of attention around my passenger side door. An hour later K-9 finally showed up. He proceeded to do his thing, and it took even more time around the passenger side door and trying to figure out how thick the flooring was since I have the standard self-installed e-track/plywood. They finally gave up and politely told me I could go. When all the young deputies had moved away, and I was getting back in the van, K-9 officer (seemed to be the most experienced of the crowd) came up and quietly asked, "There is a lot of code written in your atlas--what's that all about?"

eb

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You need to watch that code! That is pretty funny Eb glad it turned out ok though.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Lexington Ne has super nice truck parking area. Only one we have ever stayed at to sleep a couple hours. Have been asked to leave several times when we stopped for our weekly shopping at Wally World. Makes me angry every time since we always shop and then head on to the nearest truck stop or rest area (coursin I keep it to myself and just move on down to the next Wally World on the map). Usually spend about 200.00 everyweek at Wally World on groceries. That's why I'm getting sooooo fat! It's all Wally Worlds fault! :D

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
here is the synthesized list
WE DON'T LIKE YOUR KIND HERE
unless otherwise noted these are Wal Mart locs

ARKANAS
West Memphis

CALIFORNIA
Calexico
Santa Ana—inquire with manager first

COLORADO
Westminster 125N exit 225 use the Home Depot

GEORGIA
ATLANTA AREA in general
Mcdonnough

INDIANA
Ft. Wayne-Meijers

KENTUCKY
L'vull I 265 exit 32---height restrictions-possibly van only

MISSISSIPPI
Olive Branch---no overnight parking
Southhaven 155 and Goodman Rd

OHIO
Huber Heights 1 70 exit 38

Toledo
Meijers on Alexis Rd

NEW YORK
Harriman
1 87 exit 16

NORTH CAROLINA
So. of Charlotte i485 go to Lowes

SOUTH CAROLINA
N. Augusta
N. Charleston--not the one across from the Pilot....the one 2 exits down. The super K across the street has a bigger lot.

TEXAS
Garland—city ordinance-try Dennys to the west
Pasedena

Tennesse
Bartlett 1 40 and Hwy 64
Jackson—Go down to the closed Circuit City

WISCONSIN
Janesville-ticketed by city police

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
don't go erecting a mailbox but you are okay

here is the other synthesized list

YOU'RE OKAY BUT DON'T ERECT A MAILBOX

ARIZONA
Phoenix
5250 W Indian Rd. in back

CALIFORNIA
Fontana
I15 exit 112

COLORADO
Commerce City

GEORGIA
Conyers
1-20 exit 78

ILLINOIS
i 57 exit 317----i think it was
several trucks in the lot out front at sunset.

KANSAS
Emporia

KENTUCKY
Florence—park by the oil change side of the bldg.

MICHIGAN
Adrian

NEBRASKA
Lexington-super nice parking area—overnites unknown

NORTH CAROLINA
Smithfield

TENNESSEE
KIMBAL/SOUTH PITTSBURG
I-24

MANCHESTER
I-24 AT THE 214--PLACES TO EAT NEARBY PARKING FOR 12-15 TRUCKS

TEXAS
Brownsville
Del Rio—ask sec guard for BBQ place
Waco-ask the manager.

Last edited:

TigerFan1980

Seasoned Expediter
Ive been to the Meijer on Alexis Rd a few times and there is always a few trucks parked there. I only stay long enough to shop then head to the Pilot.
The security gaurd at the Wal-Mart off 270 in Columbus will take down your truck # and plates and tell you "you should have enough time to shop".

truckn-lace

Seasoned Expediter
Hi since I was Walmart for bout 20 years I can give ya a heads up on this one. First the Wal-Mart parking lots are not persay owned by Wal-Mart yet each situation is handled separetly. Their was a time we even had a magazine and showed campers or RVs camped out over night there. Now most is up to the manager descretion yet city ordinace plays into it too. One to stay away from we found out two years ago was
Washington Court House, Ohio. $300.00 ticket. Call Bentonville they will apologize but
agian city ordinance. Then again Sallisaw, Ok welcomes you with cart racks, lines where
to park. Most Wal-Marts still want your money. Most are still friendly. Oh should add
Mesquite, Texas one of my old stores definetly no trucks thats 1985 unless they have changed since then. Happy Walmart Shopping to all! Endcaps are where the bargains are to be found they are special buys just a hint there!!

wirefaceone

Seasoned Expediter
That one in Washington Ct. House you can get away with parking on the far end past the Dollar Tree is you are only there long enough to shop but you definitely cant stay overnight. I worked for Barr Nunn for a good while and they have a terminal in Washington Ct. House and i used to bobtail over to that wal mart quite a bit to shop and kill time and never had a problem but everyone pretty much knew not to stay for a long time. Another really truck friendly one is the one in Kimball/South Pittsburg in tennessee off of I-24. Always tons of trucks parked there and tehre is a cracker barrel and several other places to eat and shop in the same parking lot. Manchester Tennessee on exit 114 on 24 has actuall truck parking spaces that will hold about12-15 trucks with several decent places to eat close by.

guido4475

Not a Member
I just googled Lazy Days Rv Centers (in tTampa, fFl) and took a look at their company history.Wouldnt you figure it , they own the Flying J across the street from their dealership also, which explains why we are not welcome there.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
in feb of 2002 in dunkirk ny off of thurway a state trooper was sending everbody off of thurway as they closed thurway for bad weather into a walmart and kmart parking lot and manager said no trucking parking trooper ask the store managers if they wanted a ride downtown to local jail
as he was taking over parking lot as they had just closed thruway for heavy snow fall