The Trump Card...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Trump be a strut'n his stuff and Hunter told his hearing bunch to stuff it and stick it,,,,so to speak.....I love politics...we should be busy for months with all this new revelation....................

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Judge Chutkan Hits the Pause Button

CNN: "The federal judge overseeing Donald Trump’s 2020 election interference case has temporarily paused all procedural deadlines while appeals over a major issue play out – which could lead to his March 2024 trial date being pushed back.

"The order from Judge Tanya Chutkan acknowledged that she no longer has jurisdiction over aspects of the criminal case while the DC Circuit Court of Appeals considers whether Trump is immune and can be tried. In a bid to speed that appeals process, special counsel Jack Smith has asked the Supreme Court to step in."
Full Story

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Key word: "potentially." It could just as potentially lead to a significant defeat.

I can see why this excites MAGA. Court victories for Trump and his followers are rare. That's because Trump brings garbage cases to court, and because MAGA people are often on the wrong side of the law. This item allows MAGA people have hope, hope placed in "potentially." That's fine. Take what you can get and get while the getting is good. "Potentially" will give way to an actual ruling soon enough.

Trump's history before this Supreme Court is terrible. I've been keeping track, and I do not know of a single time since Trump became president that any non-policy case he brought to these justices was decided in his favor. When Trump has a track record of losing 100% of the time at the Supreme Court, I would not entertain great hopes because Trump is there again. In this Fischer case, it's not Trump bringing the action, but he is there indirectly because the application question applies to his case too.
"Trump brings garbage cases to court". Yet the DOJ coordinating with leftist prosecutors to scrounge up obscure, rarely used, and misused laws like the1917 Espionage Act, the 2002 Enron case, criminalizing the presidential records act, applying a law from 1869 pertaining to confederate soldiers, applying RICO against people challenging election results, and prosecuting the person that was extorted instead of the extortionist in a NDA.
Bravo, that takes the cake in garbage cases.

Attachments

• orson-welles-clapping.gif
    orson-welles-clapping.gif
    399.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump's history before this Supreme Court is terrible. I've been keeping track, and I do not know of a single time since Trump became president that any non-policy case he brought to these justices was decided in his favor. When Trump has a track record of losing 100% of the time at the Supreme Court, I would not entertain great hopes because Trump is there again. In this Fischer case, it's not Trump bringing the action, but he is there indirectly because the application question applies to his case too.
We shall see. But three for three ( 100%) is a decent percentage.IMG_5282.jpegIMG_5281.jpeg

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
New York Fraud Trial Status

Testimony is now concluded in Trump's NY civil fraud trial. The parties will write their final briefs and next appear in court Jan 11, 2024 to give their closing arguments. Judge Engoron said he hopes to render a verdict by the end of January.

Before the trial began in October, Engoron responded to requests from both sides for a ruling. He found Trump liable of one of the main fraud claims by the AG’s office and canceled the Trump Organization’s NY business licenses and the dissolution of those entities (the "corporate death pelanty"). That ruling was appealed by Trump and is currently stayed as the appeals court deals considers it. The remaining claims in the AG's lawsuit were heard in the testimony phase that just concluded.

Trump has said he will not seek a settlement in this case. However, he has said that before in other cases only to later settle. If Trump does not settle and Engoron rules, Trump is likely to appeal that ruling too. Then the entire matter will be managed at the appellate levels.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Zero, and you know that. Why do you ask?
To emphasize the point that if they haven't been convicted of insurrection, they a can't be correctly labeled "insurrectionists". This gaslighting comes from the J6 committee and the Democrat party as part of their campaign against Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
To emphasize the point that if they haven't been convicted of insurrection, they a can't be correctly labeled "insurrectionists". This gaslighting comes from the J6 committee and the Democrat party as part of their campaign against Trump.
There are numerous terms that can be said to apply or not apply, depending on how the term is defined, the person's behavior, other people's views of the definition or behavior, and whatever legal meaning one chooses to assign. Examples include rebel (as in Civil War rebel), Christian, weightlifter, and trucker. Additionally, for any such term, there are people who are fond of using "real" as an additional qualifier; as in he's not a real Republican or he's not a real athlete.

My use of "insurrectionist" is not me trying to gaslight anyone, or make an anti-Trump statement. In my mind, and by my definition, an insurrectionist is someone who participated in the January 6 insurrection, or is sympathetic to the behavior expressed by those who did. I'm not using the term in a narrow legal sense, but in a broad sense.