The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The Left: “Banks are too big and predatory, Occupy Wall Street!”
The Left with their PomPoms about Trump: “Go Big Banks Go!”

False narrative.

The big banks didn't sue Trumpity-Dumpity ... the NY AG did ... on behalf of the State of New York, its citizens and businesses (which presumably would include banks among others)

Wrong focus.

But keep right on supporting and waving the pompoms for The Fraudster™ ...

:clapping-happy:

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: ATeam and Ragman

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
All the banks had to do was...disagree with the value. Then no loan for Trump.

Still stuck on "banks" ... sole focus on that is incorrect (as you were already told)

Maybe you might want to address how the other entities Trump defrauded can be made whole ?

But I'm guessing probably not ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Local boy who liked making up numbers when he and his Daddy were benefiting suddenly not a fan when others do it ...

:clapping-happy:

BTW - I should note that the judge wasn't actually making up numbers on the value of Mar Lago - the figure he supposedly used came from the Palm Beach County Assessor's office:

"Eric Trump says that Judge Engoron 'ruled' that Mar-a-Lago is worth only $18 million. But he was citing the appraisal of the Palm Beach County Assessor. Eric wouldn't know a receipt if he ate it," said a parody account Weisselbergers, which claims to be an "accountant." While he posted a screen capture, it isn't verified that Doc. No. 905 confirms the appraisal.

It was a matter of public record apparently.

;)

Reactions: Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
About Business Certificates

New York General Business Law 130 (referenced in today's Court Order) is similar to what I know about Florida and Minnesota law, where my wife and I have established businesses. Any business that is not a sole proprietorship doing business in the proprietor's own name, must file a certificate of assumed name with the state. Without it, you cannot get loans, building permits, operating permits, credit for the business, etc.

Today, Judge Engoron canceled all of Trump's business certificates in New York state. Certificates that were valid yesterday no longer exist. And the State of New York wasted no time responding to the order. I went to the New York State Department website to view some of the Trump business certificates. They have all been taken down. They have been canceled. They no longer exist.

In our business, if I want to place a vending machine in our gym, I must get a city permit for the vending machine. To do that, I must submit a copy of our business certificate to the people who issue the vending machine permit. So too if I want to put a new sign on the front of our building, or do remodeling construction that requires a building permit, etc.

At this moment, Trump is literally out of business in the State of New York, to the extent that it is illegal to operate a business without a valid business certificate. If New York state law is similar to what I have experienced in FL and MN, Trump is frozen in his tracks. He can't legally place a new vending machine in Trump Tower because he lacks the proper documentation.

This abrupt cancellation of Trump's NY business certificates is a recipe for chaos. There may be a provision somewhere that provides time to adjust to such cancellations, but I'm seeing no reference to any such thing in the order. Watch this space.

EDIT: Further research leads me to believe there may be a 30-day grace period that allows a business to operate, to wind things down, after its business certificate is canceled.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT