The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Here's a little more about Steven Sadow from a different perspective, for those who might already be presuming Trump to be guilty and under the illusion that he might be willing to strike a plea deal. Judging by his statement it doesn't appear that Sadow specializes in plea deals.
I have not researched Sadow in depth. The quick look I took shows he had his clients plead out in at least two RICO cases he was involved in before. And both of those clients did time in prison. Trump shows no desire to plead out at this point. I'm not suggesting he will agree to a plea, even if Sadow suggests it. My only point was that Sadow does indeed guide his RICO clients to plead out. He has done that very thing before.

Sadow's previous clients pleaded out to receive reduced sentences. Nothing says Trump has to plead out. He can fight to the last and let the jury decide. If he does, he risks a much longer prison sentence than he would otherwise receive if he pleads out.

At this early stage, no one is surprised to see Sadow proclaim his client's innocence. We'll see if his tune changes as the trial proceeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Things Are Moving Fast; GA Trial is Set for Oct, 23, 2023

GA judge Mcafee wastes no time. He ruled today on Chesebro's demand for a speedy trial and set the trial date for Oct. 23, 2023. The judge did what Chesebro and Willis asked him to do. If, as some have suggested, Chesebro's motion was an attempt to call Willis's bluff or delay tactic, the joke is on him. This trial is on.

Given the strong evidence against him, Chesebro is now on the fast track to hard time in prison. Will that prompt him to flip? Maybe. It may also be that Willis does not need him to flip and she'll be perfectly content to prosecute him to the full extent she can.

That's the case with all the defendants. She may not need any of them to flip. Willis may feel her evidence developed over a two-year investigation is very strong. She may be looking to put all the defendants in jail with the evidence she has.

Motions to Sever

Mcafee's ruling will trigger a number of motions from the other defendants in the GA RICO case to have their cases severed from Chesebro's so they can be tried at a later date. Given this judge's proclivity to quickly rule on motions, we can expect to soon see his rulings on those. It is entirely possible that Mcafee will rule that all 19 defendants will be tried together, and their trial will begin in October. It is also possible that the judge will grant the motions to sever. We'll just have to wait to see how this turns out.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have not researched Sadow in depth.
Obviously
The quick look I took shows he had his clients plead out in at least two RICO cases he was involved in before. And both of those clients did time in prison. Trump shows no desire to plead out at this point. I'm not suggesting he will agree to a plea, even if Sadow suggests it. My only point was that Sadow does indeed guide his RICO clients to plead out. He has done that very thing before.
All this is based on a two-client sampling. What about all of his other clients, RICO and otherwise? Most attorneys will encourage their clients to take plea bargains if they're obviously guilty and/or likely to be convicted. Trump is neither, and this 2nd-rate county DA has never tried anyone of his stature. Granted, she's likely getting help from DC but she's still in over her head. Trump will fight this all the way to SCOTUS.

Nevertheless, this sets a very bad precedent to allow any county prosecutor anywhere in the country to indict a former POTUS for acts he supposedly committed while he was still in office. Imagine a Republican prosecutor going after Joe Biden the day after he's gone from the White House. How about prosecutions against a state governor who happens to be the leading candidate in a presidential campaign? Will DeSantis be the next Democrat target if Trump drops out? Maybe a Republican county prosecutor (if there is one) in CA would like to go after Gavin Newsom if he decides to run this year. The possibilities are endless for frivolous political persecutions.

Trump is also entitled to the presumption of innocence, a fundamental element of our legal system which many liberals seem to have conveniently suspended for all 91 of these contrived charges. There's an established fact that in court the one with the best lawyer wins (remember OJ Simpson). Liberals that are celebrating Trump's anticipated convictions and incarceration might find out their obnoxious antics were a bit premature.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Obviously

All this is based on a two-client sampling.
True.
What about all of his other clients, RICO and otherwise?
I don't know.
Most attorneys will encourage their clients to take plea bargains if they're obviously guilty and/or likely to be convicted.
True
Trump is neither,
He is both
and this 2nd-rate county DA has never tried anyone of his stature.
First-rate DA. And Trump's stature diminishes by the day.

Did you notice how he meekly complied and surrendered to authorities in a jail today? Did you notice how he posted bond? Have you noticed how he is unable to control his schedule when judges order him to appear? Have you noticed how he is complying with every court order he has recently been given and how he begs judges to consider his point of view? Those are all signs of diminishing stature.

Once upon a time, Trump was a free man. Not any more. Now he is a criminal felony defendant in four different courts, subject to the conditions set by four different judges. That's diminishing stature.

Finally, how many people of stature have their own mug shot and inmate number? And of those who do, what is their standing among free and decent people?
Granted, she's likely getting help from DC but she's still in over her head.
She is a RICO expert, very much in her wheelhouse.
Trump will fight this all the way to SCOTUS.
He will try.
Nevertheless, this sets a very bad precedent to allow any county prosecutor anywhere in the country to indict a former POTUS for acts he supposedly committed while he was still in office.
The bad precedent was set by the crimes Trump committed in Georgia.
Imagine a Republican prosecutor going after Joe Biden the day after he's gone from the White House.
I can easily imagine that, if Biden committed crimes in that DA's jurisdiction.
How about prosecutions against a state governor who happens to be the leading candidate in a presidential campaign?
Anyone who commits crimes should be investigated and prosecuted.
Will DeSantis be the next Democrat target if Trump drops out?
I don't think so. He has committed no crimes that I know of.
Maybe a Republican county prosecutor (if there is one) in CA would like to go after Gavin Newsom if he decides to run this year. The possibilities are endless for frivolous political persecutions.
The courts are pretty good at neutralizing frivolous actions. They did it 62 times when Trump brought frivolous cases to them. They subsequently ruled other Trump court actions frivolous, and a court even sanctioned Trump and his attorney for filing a frivolous suit. A frivolous political prosecution would be similarly treated by the courts. So, no, the possibilities are not endless. The courts would stop it.
Trump is also entitled to the presumption of innocence, a fundamental element of our legal system which many liberals seem to have conveniently suspended for all 91 of these contrived charges.
He enjoys the presumption of innocence in court. In the court of public opinion I am free to believe and declare him guilty as charged ... and I do.
There's an established fact that in court the one with the best lawyer wins (remember OJ Simpson).
In that case, Trump is destined to win in the GA RICO case since he has someone widely hailed as a great lawyer, and someone seemingly better qualified in your mind than Fani Willis. I'm not willing to concede your assertion that "the one with the best lawyer wins." I believe the facts and the law also have something to do with the outcome.
Liberals that are celebrating Trump's anticipated convictions and incarceration might find out their obnoxious antics were a bit premature.
Or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump's Sally Port Experience

It was reported today that Trump entered the Fulton County Jail through the sally port many people use to enter the facility. Many truckers are familiar with sally ports. When you drive into a secure facility, a gate opens and you drive in a short distance. Then you stop at the gate that is closed in front of you, and you wait until the gate behind you closes. At that point you are trapped in the sally port. There is no way in or out. After the guard or officer decides you are cleared, the front gate opens and you drive forward to exit the sally port and enter the facility.

In a jail or prison, the sally port works the same way, except you walk through and the doors are metal or made of bars like those found in a prison. Trump was in a jail sally port for the first time today. We can only wonder what his thoughts were when both doors were closed and he was literally confined behind bars for that moment.

I once worked in a prison and I can tell you the sound of those doors closing you in, the feeling of utter powerlessness. and your total dependence on the actions of the guards is a memorable experience. In his previous arraignments, Trump reported to court buildings. Today, he reported to an actual jail to be booked -- a jail that is under federal investigation for its deplorable conditions. While he traveled to and from this place in a luxury car and plane, I am confident that his brief introduction to the sights, sounds, and smells of the Fulton County Jail is on his mind tonight.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Nevertheless, this sets a very bad precedent to allow any county prosecutor anywhere in the country to indict a former POTUS for acts he supposedly committed while he was still in office.

So basically that's confirming the (radicalized and thoroughly anti-American) GOP view that ... Yes, he definitely "could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody - aka commit murder - (while POTUS) and (he) wouldn't lose voters ... or be held to account for his actions under the rule of law ...

That isn't conservatism or a political party ... it's a frickin' mental disease.

:tearsofjoy:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If Trump Did Nothing Wrong ...

If Trump did nothing wrong, as he claims, why is he not demanding a speedy trial? Why is he not racing to present the truth in open court so the prosecution's lies can be laid bare and he can be cleared by a jury?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The one thing Desantis did that he could possibly be charged with is when he rounded up the migrants in San Antonio on false promises then flew them up to Massachusetts and dumped them
True. I forgot about that episode, and the California episode.

To the point Pilgrim makes, it is noteworthy that while investigations are underway (prompted by seemingly illegal activities observed on the ground), no prosecutor at any level has filed frivolous charges against DeSantis about this in any court. Indeed, no prosecutor has filed any charges of any kind in these matters.

Texas

"The Bexar County [TX] Sheriff's Office has filed multiple charges against unnamed individuals in connection with the flights of migrants from Texas to other states. The charges are for unlawful restraint, which is a misdemeanor or felony depending on the circumstances.

"The sheriff's office has not yet named the individuals who have been charged, or said who they believe ordered the flights. The investigation is ongoing, and the Bexar County District Attorney's Office will ultimately decide whether to file charges." (Source: Google Bard)

"The Bexar County Sheriff's Office has officially filed a completed criminal case with the Bexar County District Attorney's Office regarding the incident from September 2022 where 49 migrants were flown to Martha's Vineyard,” Salazar’s office said in a statement to TPR. “The charge filed is Unlawful Restraint and several accounts were filed, both misdemeanor and felony.”
(Source, Bexar County Sheriff quote)

California

"California Attorney General Rob Bonta is investigating whether DeSantis' administration was involved in a recent flight that brought asylum-seekers to California. The flight took place without the knowledge or consent of the asylum-seekers.

"Bonta is also investigating whether DeSantis' administration violated any state laws by transporting the asylum-seekers.

"The investigation is ongoing, and it is unclear if any charges will be filed."
(Source: Google Bard)

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Protesters No Longer a Factor

When Trump was arrested the first time, some supporters answered his call to protest. He initially implied that officials should not indict or arrest him because his supporters would turn out in mass and maybe riot. That did not happen and the number of protesters has declined to virtually zero now that he has been arrested four times.

Trump himself is no longer calling for protests. That makes sense. What do you do if you know no one will answer your call? You stop making the call.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
True. I forgot about that episode, and the California episode.

To the point Pilgrim makes, it is noteworthy that while investigations are underway (prompted by seemingly illegal activities observed on the ground), no prosecutor at any level has filed frivolous charges against DeSantis about this in any court. Indeed, no prosecutor has filed any charges of any kind in these matters.

Texas

"The Bexar County [TX] Sheriff's Office has filed multiple charges against unnamed individuals in connection with the flights of migrants from Texas to other states. The charges are for unlawful restraint, which is a misdemeanor or felony depending on the circumstances.

"The sheriff's office has not yet named the individuals who have been charged, or said who they believe ordered the flights. The investigation is ongoing, and the Bexar County District Attorney's Office will ultimately decide whether to file charges." (Source: Google Bard)

"The Bexar County Sheriff's Office has officially filed a completed criminal case with the Bexar County District Attorney's Office regarding the incident from September 2022 where 49 migrants were flown to Martha's Vineyard,” Salazar’s office said in a statement to TPR. “The charge filed is Unlawful Restraint and several accounts were filed, both misdemeanor and felony.”
(Source, Bexar County Sheriff quote)

California

"California Attorney General Rob Bonta is investigating whether DeSantis' administration was involved in a recent flight that brought asylum-seekers to California. The flight took place without the knowledge or consent of the asylum-seekers.

"Bonta is also investigating whether DeSantis' administration violated any state laws by transporting the asylum-seekers.

"The investigation is ongoing, and it is unclear if any charges will be filed."
(Source: Google Bard)
Nothing is going to happen in Texas, I bet Abbott called the sheriff of Bexar county and told him that if he keeps going he would remove him.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Hmmm, good question, why not just pay the bond and get the entire thing back rather than paying a 10 percent fee. We poor people dont have a choice like that, but Trump should be able to just write a check for that amount.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Hmmm, good question, why not just pay the bond and get the entire thing back rather than paying a 10 percent fee. We poor people dont have a choice like that, but Trump should be able to just write a check for that amount.
I too am curious why Trump used a bail bondsman to cover his $200,000 bond and pay that fee, instead of putting up the 10% amount ($20k) himself, using the donated money his contributors provide. I'm not deeply curious but I did note this odd item.

It's a big day in the history of the bail bond company, that's for sure. How many bail bondsmen has an ex-president as a debtor (a/k/a defendant, principal, obligor).

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump-Related Questions Answered in Court

Running Total

*Trump-Favorable Answers: 3
Trump-Adverse Answers: 107
Trump win rate: 2.80%

Answered This Week (Week of 8/20/23):
  • No, the May, 2024 Mar-a-Lago documents trial date will not be changed to a later date. 8/21/23, Cannon
  • Yes, Trump will have bail conditions and a $200,000 bond in GA. 8/21/23, McAfee
  • No, the GA RICO case will not be delayed while Trump aids seek its removal to federal court. 8/23/23, Jones
Answered in Previous Weeks:
No, 62 lawsuits filed by Trump making various 2020 election claims are not valid. 11/20 - 1/21, Judges in 62 courts
No, Meadows and other Trump aids cannot assert executive privilege to avoid testifying before the Jan. 6 Committee. 3/8/22, Chutkan
No, Mike Pence does not have executive privilege to avoid testifying before the Jan. 6 Committee. 3/8/22, Boasberg
No, former national security advisor Robert O’Brien cannot assert executive privilege to avoid testifying before the Jan. 6 Committee. 4/21/22, Jackson
No, former White House Counsel Cipollone cannot claim executive privilege to avoid testifying before the grand jury. 7/1/22, Chutkan.
Yes, NY AG James will sue the Trump Organization claiming $250 million in fraud. 9/21/22
Yes, an independent monitor is appointed to thwart Trump's attempt to move his business legal structure out of New York jurisdiction. 11/14/22
No, Judge Cannon does not have jurisdiction to appoint a special master. Cannon's ruling is reversed. 12/1/22, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
No, special rules cannot be written by Judge Cannon for Trump because he is a former president. 12/1/22, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Yes, Trump's lawsuit challenging the Mar-a-Lago search will be dismissed due to a lack of jurisdiction. 12/12/22, Cannon
Yes, the Trump Organization is guilty of 17 counts of tax fraud. 12/6/22, Jury
No, the NY AG lawsuit will not be dismissed. 1/6/23, Engoron
Yes, Trump is ordered to pay $938,000 in legal fees to Hillary and others, because Trump abused the legal system. 1/19/23, Middlebrooks
Yes, Trump attorney Corcoran must testify because attorney client privilege does not apply (furtherance of a crime). 3/17/23,Howell
No, the NY AG lawsuit against Trump et al will not be delayed. 3/21/23 Engoron
No, John Eastman does not have executive privilege to withhold documents from the Jan. 6 Committee3/28/23, Carter
Yes, the 2019 Carroll lawsuit can be amended to include Trump's CNN remarks. 6/13/23, Kaplan
No, Trump is not immune from defamation charges because he was president. 6/29/23, Kaplan
No, Fani Willis will not be disqualified from working on the GA election interference case. GA Supreme Court, 7/17/23
No, the GA Special Grand Jury report will not be thrown out. 7/17/23, GA Supreme Court
Yes, Trump is a rapist. 7/19/23, Kaplan
Yes, the $5 million in damages the jury said Trump must pay Carroll is reasonable. 7/19/23, Kaplan
No, the falsified records case will not be moved to federal court. 7/19/23, Hellerstein
Yes, Cohen and Trump will settle Cohen's lawsuit claiming millions in unpaid legal fees. 7/21/23
No, the documents trial will not be postponed until after the election. 7/21/23, Cannon
Yes, the defamation lawsuit Trump filed against CNN is dismissed because the judge rules it is "not actionable." 7/28/23, Singhal
*Yes, Trump is protected by presidential immunity regarding two defamatory statements he made against a PA voting machine supervisor when Trump was president. 7/31/23, Erdos
No, Trump is not protected by presidential immunity regarding one defamatory statement he made against a PA voting machine supervisor after Trump left office. 7/31/23
Yes, the GA Special Grand Jury report can be used against Trump. 7/31
No, Fani Willis will not be disqualified from prosecuting Trump. 7/31
Yes, Trump will be deposed under oath regarding the $500 million lawsuit he filed against Cohen. 7/31/23
Yes, the Miami grand jury will continue its investigation and produce additional indictments, even after it first indicted Trump. 8/1/23
Yes, Trump will be indicted on charges concerning the 2020 election. 8/3/23
Yes, the Trump deposition transcript from the Carroll trial will be given to DA Bragg. 8/3/23
No, Trump's request for a delayed response to DOJ's protective order motion will not be granted. 8/5/23
Yes, Trump’s counter-defamation suit against E. Jean Carroll is without merit and is dismissed 8/7/23, Kaplan
*No, the Special Counsel may not file under seal evidence of conflicts RE attorney Woodward. 8/7/23, Cannon
Yes, the DOJ can have its requested Garcia hearing regarding Woodward conflicts. 8/7/23, Cannon
No, the protective order hearing date will not be delayed. 8/8/23, Chutkan
Yes, Trump is prohibited from making inflammatory statements about the election interference case. 8/11/23, Chutkan
*No, the protective order will not be as broad as DOJ requests. 8/11/23, Chutkan
No, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Merchan will not recuse himself from the Manhattan falsified business records case. 8/14/23
Yes, Trump (and 18 co-defendants) will be indicted by a Fulton County grand jury on RICO and other charges. 8/15/23
Yes, the appeal Trump filed RE Carroll is frivolous and is denied for that reason. 8/18/23, Kaplan
No, the second Carroll defamation trial scheduled for 1/15/24 will not be delayed. 8/18/23, Kaplan

Disclaimer: This compilation is an ongoing project done on a best-efforts basis. If I miss or get something wrong, kindly advise me and I'll correct the list. Where a question has been appealed to a higher court, the higher court's answer is shown and the lower court's answer previously shown is removed from the list. Where an appeal is pending, the lower court's action remains on the list until the appeal is complete.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Investigation was started on a false premise. And the Fake News was used in the impeachment:

IMG_4031.jpeg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump Protesters No Longer a Factor

When Trump was arrested the first time, some supporters answered his call to protest. He initially implied that officials should not indict or arrest him because his supporters would turn out in mass and maybe riot. That did not happen and the number of protesters has declined to virtually zero now that he has been arrested four times.

Trump himself is no longer calling for protests. That makes sense. What do you do if you know no one will answer your call? You stop making the call.
There are different ways to protest, which they are doing now in more productive ways. Trump supporters don’t generally riot.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If Trump Did Nothing Wrong ...

If Trump did nothing wrong, as he claims, why is he not demanding a speedy trial? Why is he not racing to present the truth in open court so the prosecution's lies can be laid bare and he can be cleared by a jury?
That’s a myopic view of the way the defense should proceed in a tainted criminal justice system process. The Prosecutor had a lot of resources at her disposal to concoct these contrived charges. It will take some time for the defense to sift through all the mistakes and misconceptions. And that is a perfectly prudent thing to do for them. The defense enjoys the constitutional right to a speedy trial. They’re not required to use it.