Showers

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Just read a post from someone driving a Van and always having to pay for the showers.

On your CB, ask over 19 if anyone has a shower coupon they would sell or give and than take it 15 as to eliminate most of the other commentors who just want to mess up any conversation they are not involved in.

Most people will give these away rather than see them dissipear in another day or two. I know I have given mine away for a couple of dollars, WIN,WIN.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
> I know I have given mine
>away for a couple of dollars, WIN,WIN.

Make up your mind BP,are you giving them away,or selling them? DD.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Excuse me Doggie,

One might try asking first, than offer a little cash if no offers.

Explained well enough for you now Doggie.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>Excuse me Doggie,
>
>One might try asking first, than offer a little cash if no
>offers.
>
>Explained well enough for you now Doggie.

Wow....who whizzed in your wheaties today??

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Really can't say that I would sell a shower ticket unless I was on the verge of starvation. If I bought something, then I may ask a few bucks for it, but a perk, just don't think I would do it, and have not done it in the past when ever I had extra ones.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Diesel, whats a matter? The Doggie needs you to back him up again.

Whizz or is it ##### what you really meant to say. Nice real nice.

Just maybee between the two of you, a postiive post once in a while instead of waiting till one makes a post that you can find an error in just to pounce.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>Diesel, whats a matter? The Doggie needs you to back him up
>again.
>
>Whizz or is it ##### what you really meant to say. Nice
>real nice.
>
>Just maybee between the two of you, a postiive post once in
>a while instead of waiting till one makes a post that you
>can find an error in just to pounce.
>
>

I am POSITIVE that you have no idea what I really meant to say.

I am POSITIVE that your "nice real nice" comment was not sincere!!

Positive enough for ya??

What we see as "nice real nice" is you, a former expediter, now tractor trailer, taking advantage of your former expediter "friends" in selling them something that is a perk to you and you won't use anyway.

Obviously you don't want our opinion so try and take tr's advice. He's got the right attitude.

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
first of all vans can get free showers at flying j all you need is 2 fillups of 20 gal. or more and yes it works for gas or diesiel i been doing it for 3 yrs and to clarify that is 20 gals. or more each fillup and you must have frequent fueler card and no you do not need CDL i know been doing it for 3 yrs also many of the independent truckstops will give you discount or free showers if you explain your situation

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>>Diesel, whats a matter? The Doggie needs you to back him up
>>again.
>>
>>Whizz or is it ##### what you really meant to say. Nice
>>real nice.
>>
>>Just maybee between the two of you, a postiive post once in
>>a while instead of waiting till one makes a post that you
>>can find an error in just to pounce.
>>
>>
>
>
>I am POSITIVE that you have no idea what I really meant to
>say.

But the intent to embarrass someone is pretty clear...
>
>I am POSITIVE that your "nice real nice" comment was not
>sincere!!

As many of your own comments employ sarcasm (which is no substitute for argument, you know), of course you know it when you see it.
>
>Positive enough for ya??
>
>What we see as "nice real nice" is you, a former expediter,
>now tractor trailer, taking advantage of your former
>expediter "friends" in selling them something that is a perk
>to you and you won't use anyway.

If BP's getting a few bucks for something he has no use for is 'taking advantage', then our entire capitalist structure is, as well.
>
>Obviously you don't want our opinion so try and take tr's
>advice. He's got the right attitude.

Why BP would want your opinion, when it's just a meanspirited effort to make him look small, (which, IMO, backfired), is the real question...
And tr's attitude is the right one- for folks who expect a handout.
I think BP called it right: some people just wait for an opportunity to pounce on other posters, but we don't hear much from them otherwise. Personally, I'd rather hear too much from those whose intent is goodhearted, than otherwise.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Posters beware,this is the kind of critisism you will receieve if you dare attack one of the "inner circle" here on EO.

This all started with me questioning Broompilot whether he was selling or giving his shower credits away,and if you read his original post,he wasn't exactly real clear on that.

Myself, I have a problem with people who in one post try to come across as all warm and fuzzy and professing their christianity,to turn right around and try and make a few bucks on the backs of the very people they know have the roughest time out here(van drivers).

WWJD.......DD.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>Posters beware,this is the kind of critisism you will
>receieve if you dare attack one of the "inner circle" here
>on EO.

Inner circle? If that refers to a core group of posters who are frequently here, posting real questions & answers & help & jokes, then I guess we've got one. But you need worry about criticism only if you 'dare' (that just kills me, lol) to attack anyone whose sole intent was to share some info that might be of use to someone else. (And we usually overlook the spelling errors, too, unless they're so frequent as to make your words unintelligible).
>
>This all started with me questioning Broompilot whether he
>was selling or giving his shower credits away,and if you
>read his original post,he wasn't exactly real clear on that.

And it didn't occur to you that he could have meant both, at different times, under different circumstances?
>
>Myself, I have a problem with people who in one post try to
>come across as all warm and fuzzy and professing their
>christianity,to turn right around and try and make a few
>bucks on the backs of the very people they know have the
>roughest time out here(van drivers).
>
>WWJD.......DD.

BroomPilot is one member I know personally, and can attest to his generous heart - he'd literally give the shirt off his back to someone in need. Which doesn't include anyone & everyone who is driving a van, as you seem to assume.
The attack on BP was unjustified and uncalled for, IMO.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I'm assuming nothing,just commenting on what I read in his post.And you are right,there are far too many "vannies" to even concider giving "the shirt off his back". or even a shower credit that he wouldn't be using.DD.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just because someone drives a van doesn't mean they are penniless. They very well just may not have earned shower credits as quickly as they want to use them. I might give away a shower and I might trade it for a liter of Dr. Pepper or maybe a slice of apple pie. I might even offer the $10 shower for $3-4. Whatever the case, it would only be a mutual agreement between parties. You aren't taking advantage of someone who willfully agrees. It's certainly not something to berate someone for.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
> It's certainly
>not something to berate someone for.

And I agree with that,but if you pan back on this whole fiasco,I did not start this beration,I merely asked a question and BP took offense.DD.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>
>Birds of a feather................
Can usually be spotted by their chosen usernames, IMO.
Actual names are usually an actual person. Most of whom are willing to stand behind their words.
A username that conveys a superior status is frequently no more than wishful thinking.
A username that conveys a personal association is one that has to be evaluated on an individual basis = some are eagles, some turkeys, and a few are just vultures, you know?
Are we having fun, yet?
;)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>>
>>Birds of a feather................
> Can usually be spotted by their chosen usernames, IMO.
> Actual names are usually an actual person. Most of whom are
>willing to stand behind their words.
> A username that conveys a superior status is frequently no
>more than wishful thinking.
> A username that conveys a personal association is one that
>has to be evaluated on an individual basis = some are
>eagles, some turkeys, and a few are just vultures, you know?
> Are we having fun, yet?
>;)

So now we want to go back to third grade and attack a user name. That's funny, there's a cute little story that goes with my username that involves my kids and such but I won't waste my breath trying to share it with YOU.

Go on with the childish games, it's just another example to all just what happens here when one disagrees with the wrong person.

Now if I could just learn to disagree with those that YOU disagree with...........THEN WE'D BE HAVING FUN, WOULDN'T WE??

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Well now did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving? I know I sure did.
The food was great and so was the company, always nice to share it with friends and family. I hope you all enjoyed yours too.

Well got to go for now, for some reason I feel like a hot shower.