September Location

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
LOL!!! Man, Piper1, You MUST need NEW glasses!! I am SOOO fat they call me "ROUND MAN"!!!!! Of course, since I have SOOOO much money tied up in my gut I can no longer AFFORD to lose weight!!! HEHEHEHEHE :rolleyes:

It's good to travel with a spare tire, never know when your gonna need it:rolleyes:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
you delivered in Elkhart and now picking in Wi...thats a 450 DH to phillips?????
Heheheh ..... it's scary OVM ..... you are becoming so predictable .... when I posted that previously, I would have bet money that you (in particular) were going to reply as you did ..... :rolleyes:

I hope you didn't DH all the way up there..please tell me you forgot to mention that you picked around elkhart that delivered to Wi... you forget something?
Nope, didn't forget anything ...... and I did indeed deadhead all the way up there to pick it up ..... :D

...... now - please, please tell me that you aren't making some assumption about what rate per mile the load actually paid ......

Kinda hard to compute the actual significance of a single datum (deadhead) in isolation, when you don't have the rest of the relevant data that's part of the picture .... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heheheh ..... it's scary OVM ..... you are becoming so predictable .... when I posted that previously, I would have bet money that you (in particular) were going to reply as you did ..... :rolleyes:

Nope, didn't forget anything ...... and I did indeed deadhead all the way up there to pick it up .....

...... now - please, please tell me that you aren't making some assumption about what rate per mile the load actually paid ......

Kinda hard to compute the actual significance of a single datum (deadhead) in isolation, when you don't have the rest of the relevant data that's part of the picture .... :rolleyes:

I am sorry I can read between the lines so well...;)

I was just curious....who am I to question the motive of yet another ace driver such as myself..

and nope..no assumptions..or that would make me the first 3 letters of that word...;)

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Fontana, California.
Holy crap it's hot here.

It will take me till late tomorrow afternoon to get there ,
hope by then you will get that load to F.L ...
if you still stuck in Fontana , then you are more then welcome to come on over , and enjoy the free showers and laundry among other things...

C' Yah.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks. :)

It was too hot in Fontana, so I headed north over the mountains and then back down the mountains into the San Joaquin Valley, birthplace of Buck Owens and Merle Haggard, where you can get cotton, almonds, grapes and crude all out of the same field.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I am sorry I can read between the lines so well...
Well ...... ya got a sharp eye .... probably comes from having done this for so long ;)

I was just curious....who am I to question the motive of yet another ace driver such as myself..
...... heheheh .... don't I wish ...... I can only hope to aspire to your level of greatness ..... :eek:

and nope..no assumptions..or that would make me the first 3 letters of that word...
LOL ! :p

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Got predispatched this morning before I even got loaded with the one I just delivered.

Just pulled into the J in London, ON after dropping in Ingersoll .... time for some fuel, a quick shower, and a haircut ..... before heading up to Penetanguishene, ON for the pickup in the morning ..... then over the top to St. Paul, MN

This oughta be interesting .... glad it's only September and not January ...... :rolleyes:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately, I sit in MEXICO, U.S.A a.k.a. Laredo, Texas...looking to move outta here tomorrow...Had a shorty from Fort Worth, Texas to here this mornin...

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got predispatched this morning before I even got loaded with the one I just delivered.

Just pulled into the J in London, ON after dropping in Ingersoll .... time for some fuel, a quick shower, and a haircut ..... before heading up to Penetanguishene, ON for the pickup in the morning ..... then over the top to St. Paul, MN

This oughta be interesting .... glad it's only September and not January ...... :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think someone plans this, every time you are in my neck of the woods I am south of the fence.

Penetang eh? beautiful part of the province, just make sure you don't end up getting put in the mental hospital...there is a big one up there.

I'm sitting in Saginaw MI for a morning drop in Bay City.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
dropped my 8 am last nite and just got out of the van in carlisle. couple panther thrucks and a fed ex, tri state and a couple unmarked trucks also.

ken, i thought rlent must have been loaded also. we used to vacation up in that area. hey randall, buy any cranberry salsa while you were there?

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We are still at home. We thought we would be going back in service tomorrow morning but once we took the truck up to Interstate yesterday we found out we have to have the fuel tanks replaced because there is rust in them and that is what is causing all the problems with the truck not running right and the check engine light coming on.

Plus the owner is taking the poor APU off and putting in a battery system for the sleeper. I would rather have another APU but he wants to put on the batteries. I guess we will just have to wait and see how well it works out. Hopefully we will be ready to go back in service Wed afternoon sometime.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
sitting in the davensport,iowa flying j after having the local cb shop fix my cb ground arggggg $250 later and almost 3 hours of work with 2 techs.....:rolleyes: there went my lunch money for the week

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We are still at home. We thought we would be going back in service tomorrow morning but once we took the truck up to Interstate yesterday we found out we have to have the fuel tanks replaced because there is rust in them and that is what is causing all the problems with the truck not running right and the check engine light coming on.

Plus the owner is taking the poor APU off and putting in a battery system for the sleeper. I would rather have another APU but he wants to put on the batteries. I guess we will just have to wait and see how well it works out. Hopefully we will be ready to go back in service Wed afternoon sometime.

Go with stainless steel tanks, more expensive, but they will last forever That is one thing they did right on the Freightliner M2's