September Location

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
dropped satury nites p-u last nite and are waiting for the phone to ring at the beautiful olive branch j.

stopped here last nite for a shower and ate next door at tops. bbq. it was okay. nothing special except the price. open face, with beans and slaw and large iced tea for two less than 14 bucks. the bbq plate by itself was 4.95.price is certainly right.

i forgot to mention that last friday we met mr. main event at a p-u site. he now has 140,000 more miles than a million on his van. i didn't immediately recognize him nor remember his ring name or real name but the fu manchu gave it away. blond on the ends and natural up to the lip. great guy.

Last edited:

aileron

Expert Expediter
Still at home. This is what happened a mile from my house last night. A poor man was swept away by the raging waters in his Ford Ranger and drowned.
I am very fortunate, since I went through here last night on the way home. Couldn't see the road, only a big river going across the road. But thankfully, the road had not washed away yet.

We got a record rainfall here. At Hartsville airport in atlanta we got 3.75" of rain between mignight and 4 pm, previous record was 1.63" set in 1953. More than double.

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Georgetown, KY. Been sitting here for almost 12 hours. Feels strange after last week's 2705 loaded miles. Managed to fit in a dry run, an oil change, and an espar heater install. Bring it on--I'm ready for more weeks like that.

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Will have to do some searching but I have had good luck sittiing at Albert Lea. Close enough to the twin cities yet can catch things from Iowa and western Wisc.

That is where the wife and I start out from as well...that plan works well for us as well...good luck..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
K-zoo delivery was changed to a warren mich delivery...dropped and now going to bed at the Wally World in Sterling Heights Mich on Van :censoredsign: Blvd....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Get the CLC card , or go Hotels.com

& on a brighter note...

Delivering in Morris I.L , Then going to the TA.

Even with the CLC card motels still 4 or 5 dollars signs I usually aim for 2 dollar signs
1 is usually pretty crappy

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even with the CLC card motels still 4 or 5 dollars signs I usually aim for 2 dollar signs
1 is usually pretty crappy

Ever considered a roll-away cot? Strap it to the sidewalls? Don't never not ever get a blowup mattress either.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Ever considered a roll-away cot? Strap it to the sidewalls? Don't never not ever get a blowup mattress either.

Problem with that is I have to log and I drive a daycab so I need a motel receipt, also I cannot sleep in the cab too darn tall.

It pays to be friendly and talk to your customers, my delivery said they had something going back to Michigan not sure if Ceva was gonna get it, so I called up my dispatcher and now I have that load to deliver tommorow morning in Michigan. Downside is that it is a van load so pays less, but it's alot better then driving back to Indiana on my own dime
I am so very happy right now:D:cool:
I'm outta here