November Banter and Location

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
The wife and I will be heading to "Bowling for Burd" shortly. Will be stopping off at the yard to pick up a driver. Didnt think of it sooner but anyone wants to attend but needs a ride let me know or flag me down when you see me in the yard. I'll be driving a full size GMC passanger van gold in color. I should be in the yard about 10:40 - 10:45......

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just got a QC message saying that Monday is a UAW holiday. What are they celebrating now??:confused: Billy Bob's ability to hit the urinal on the first try??

Shadow, I'm in Holland if you happen to come this way.:D

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
He would probably love it more if he wasn't our current longest sitter :(

It wasn't that bad. I got to explore the area, and do some shopping, and eat some good food. It went by faster than you think. And I like the fact that Im the current sitting champion. IM THE WINNER, YEAH BABY.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Three or four years from now when we read the story of how the Indiana Skank Lizard mysteriously migrated to North Carolina, where it has no natural predators or long winters to control its numbers, has completely overrun the Southeastern United States, we'll know. We'll know. :D

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Got into Rocky Mount NC and m delivery at 0010....stopped at the guard shack, then was told my "scheduled delivery time was 1000 in the am, "seeya then"......not 0800 or 0945...they will not let you in the yard until our scheduled time....

I don't know if this applies in this particular case, since I know some load times really are "appointments", but... now-a-days when they say I'm too early, I tell them my time is a deliver-no-later-than time. I don't call it a protect time, because most people don't know what that means. Invariably they call and double check. More than 95% of the time, I'm sent straight in.

eb

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
Three or four years from now when we read the story of how the Indiana Skank Lizard mysteriously migrated to North Carolina, where it has no natural predators or long winters to control its numbers, has completely overrun the Southeastern United States, we'll know. We'll know. :D

lmao, i better not start seeing those lil fellas in my yard OVM. u should have dropped it off in Lizard Lick, NC

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
There are ups and downs to being slow. Tracy has been kinda slow this week. But he has been home at night with me most of the week and I have enjoyed it. He got a load first thing yesterday morning, went and did that load and another one and still was home by 8:30pm. So that was kinda nice, for me any way. He got another load today that he went and picked up and it will deliver Monday morning. So he is under load at home doing yard work that needs to be done and not having to worry about when the next load is call will come in. We can enjoy the next two nights together and he will be off to work again Monday morning. So slow yes, but home and family time is great! Of course I kinda got used to him being gone and he was messing up some plans I had so I had to send him outside so I could make my calls, Business you know gotta drum up that business for myself. So I am still working while he plays in the yard, lol. Have a great weekend all!:eek:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
hey, do me a favor. since ur gonna be in haw river swing by polly express and collect me money. that hussy still owes me 300.00

Now you're pushing your luck cuz...just cuz I let him have a lot lizzard is one thing but I draw the line at hussies!:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Start this Sunday morning with a clean heart. No doubt, no tears, no fear, no worry. Thank God for his priceless gifts & miracles throughout the world.

Gooood Morning Gang...from Haw Riiver NC.....

laundry day....turn left from the J and head towards the little town of Haw River and there is a nice laundrymat on the right side of the road just as you enter town....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We got a QC message on Saturday that Monday is a UAW holiday.... NOT exactly accurate....

Only the assembly plants in Michigan and "some" bigger locals have it off.....ACH and like are NOT off.....so effect should be minimal...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
morning ken/gang/john jr. suppose to be a nice day here in columbus. get a shower head toward marion for a monday p/u and relax for the rest of the day. maybe take a walk with the wife and daisy and enjoy the sunshine.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
John posted this tidbit in another thread and is of importance to us little guys...

Originally Posted by jelliott View Post
Well I can dispel that theory. April to today, total cargo vans, sprinters, and cube trucks have increased total count by......one.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya, i seen that also. just from what i can take of it since 8/1 when we started there have been an additional 12 units put on but i know of the loss of 2 units [roadking and one other] so 10 units up to jimf51 that just started. dont know if there are more or not.

tracy, did joe get your ride filled or do you know. havent talked to joe in a while.