New DOT physical qualifications start May 21st

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
NFL-Cheerleaders-17_zpsbb0834db.jpg

Welll.........

Ok, we can, if we think hard enough, come up with an exception or three. But we're not in the military or some paramilitary service here, is the point.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I just delivered to a military facility.
One young guy wanted to pull my PJ across the yard. I said OK. Then I mentioned that truck drivers need to get their BMI in order.
I mentioned the sleep study and he had a comment a lot of you will enjoy.
He said :
The VA is considering eliminating the practice of sending people for sleep studies. Too many are diagnosed with problems. Then they qualify for disability .

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, we can, if we think hard enough, come up with an exception or three. But we're not in the military or some paramilitary service here, is the point.
Turtle that's In shape I must admit. OOOHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can some body get me a load turtle not playing fare...... BAD Turtle Bad NINJA Turtle Play fare man.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just made my appt for dot physical and the price went up from $50. to $127. wow

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ha Ha Ha very funny. also just found out that they are already sending folks for sleep apnea tests with too high bmi. Canceled my appt to look for another doc.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
So if they send you home with a home sleep study, what prevents you from laying down but staying awake so you don't snore? I don't see how they expect anyone to pass a sleep study at a lab, being monitored in an unfamiliar environment like that.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just delivered to a military facility.
One young guy wanted to pull my PJ across the yard. I said OK. Then I mentioned that truck drivers need to get their BMI in order.
I mentioned the sleep study and he had a comment a lot of you will enjoy.
He said :
The VA is considering eliminating the practice of sending people for sleep studies. Too many are diagnosed with problems. Then they qualify for disability .

Gee, I just seen my primary care DR at the VA just last month. Wanted to send me for a sleep study. I explained I was having trouble FALLING asleep, not STAYING asleep. That ended that. We are working on OTHER avenues. BUT, anytime I want a sleep study, all I have to do is ask.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
One thing I haven't seen addressed is, what if one is slightly out of compliance-- BMI slightly too high, neck slightly too thick-- so you get the 90-day card, but can remedy that within the 90 days? Do you go back and get a 2-year card then?

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I got a one year card this time.
First in 37 years. Only because I take blood pressure medicine for a totally unrelated condition.
10-15 years on it without problem.

My BMI is 35. Going to loose weight anyway.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got a one year card this time.
First in 37 years. Only because I take blood pressure medicine for a totally unrelated condition.
10-15 years on it without problem.

My BMI is 35. Going to loose weight anyway.

I am TRYING to lose weight, tired of the DR yelling at me! Try Styrofoam and freeze dried water! My BMI is going down, don't know what it was, but I KNOW it's going down! Having trouble keeping my pants on! LOL!!

By the way, few active military go to the VA. After all, the "V" is for VETERAN's, not active duty.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How about reserves ?

Don't know, never did that.

As with every MALE my age, I have a six year requirement. I did 3 years active, 2 years, 8 months, inactive. My "inactive" unit was activated for 4 months during the thing in the Middle East.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I imagine you're a Veteran before you join the reserves .
One did not "Join" the reserves, one was "assigned" after completion of their active duty.

IF you went into the reserves, at least back then, it was for 6 years.