New charges coming at Pilot

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great idea but it will hardly ever get past zoning laws or citizens groups that fight putting in truck stops.

oh yes...the "We hate smelly truck group" The very people their very lives depends on trucks to feed them,clothe them and bring their fancy toys...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I wouldn't mind more of the big boys to take notes from QT in MO. Those are some nice t/ss! Clean, plenty of food to choose from, and debit is same as cash. Little things... like jalapenos for the nachos and decent cig prices. They don't rape you on sammich prices, or overcharge for drinks. It's like mom-n-pop in a franchise.

totally agree. stopped at one last year near atlanta the wek the rains started. we were amazed at the bright, clean station, bathrooms and the amount of food they sell. would go back again if they offered showers

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Great idea but it will hardly ever get past zoning laws or citizens groups that fight putting in truck stops.

This isn't pertaining to topic at hand, but something that was said on the news by a local city council member when a story was done about that large Flying J there off of I-20 in South Dallas a lot of you are famaliar with.

Happened a couple of years ago. Story was about the crimes that were taking place at that J, the number of police calls to that J, and how dirty that place had become over time. The Dallas city council member that represented that area was calling for it to be shut down. When interviewing her on TV there in the parking lot, she was shocked to learn that drivers were able to "SLEEP" in their trucks. She knew nothing about the sleepers on those trucks.

It just seemed to funny to me, that's all. I mean, this is a part of Dallas that she represented, that Flying J is probably the largest tax income producer for her district, and is the "largest" business she has in her whole district by far, but yet she knew NOTHING about the trucking industry. She wanted that Flying J shut down to "improve" her district.

Needless to say, the J is still there. It is still the largest business in that whole area, and it's still a rathole.

Some power she had for the "Citizens" and the citizens groups she represented, Huh?:D