Leaving the truck for a van.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Typical going back editting posts..............you stated that you had 4445 starting empty weight please read above....but if I was a hater why didn't I question your weight compacity on YOUR build a Promaster thread....one because in general it is a good thread and when mention the weight hauling capacities of Your PMs i bit my tongue because i did not want change that topic because it has good use to newbies or someone thinking of getting a PM......ALL I am asking get off the bragging High Chair about what you haul in your PMs....if not I will continue to point out the misinformation on cargo capacities....
Waiting for the name of the dealer and the sale person that assisted you in the huge task of weighing all the Promaster's a week ago...

Let's see who is full of it...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting for the name of the dealer and the sale person that assisted you in the huge task of weighing all the Promaster's a week ago...

This isn't about me...but I drove PMs from different dealers ...Illinois , Iowa ,Michigan and Ohio for more than 8 months before I bought mine last July and those dealers had no problems in us taking them to scale and getting weighed ...they kept 2 copies and let me have 1....the empty weights were all similiar by model sizes and the salesman liked keeping the extra scale tickets for future use....I hadn't ever seen diesel PM but while getting my oil changed at Westgate Chrysler in Raleigh , NC. They had 2 ...a 2014 3500 model and 2015 2500 high top versions....or by the way 2014= $ 43,000....2015 =$ 42,000....so now I have Scale ticket on those for my use....oh and just for record a have scale tickets on Nissan NVs and Sprinters and Chevy Cube vans.....you see I research all the time on different expedite van types....its like a hobby....but i use the information in public when needed......:p

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
For someone who spent so much effort questioning my truthfulness, I suggest you might watch your lies more carefully. You've been caught.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For someone who spent so much effort questioning my truthfulness, I suggest you might watch your lies more carefully. You've been caught.

I don't know how I was caught lying when I have the paper trail to prove it.....but this isn't about me....YOU continue to twist things around just like you did with Guido to make yourself look good.....I am done with it till you start bragging 4000 lbs plus again.....have a good time living the Fairytail life....lol

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my current truck my bed is 43" and the bunk is 64" I know it will be a step down in living space but im not happy in a big truck anymore. Every day the thought of driving this thing depresses me

What part of it depresses you?? I always wanted to go from a Sprinter to a straight but can't afford to buy one cash and payments aren't for me. Are you driving for a fleet owner or do you own the truck? If I don't own it I won't drive it, that is my general rule of thumb.

NHJay

Rookie Expediter
How about each person tells their own story without channel 19ing others.

Also. Is there I big difference between 2 and 3 pallets? Every van driver I speak to in person says it's very rare they get more than 2 at a time.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

You guys are arguing over two vehicles that both suck! :) If the sprinter never came out they wouldn't even exist. Honestly I like dodge diesel products but I'd prolly have to pick the transit if I had a choice. The promaster fuel economy is scary! I'm still pulling over 700 miles to the tank in my 06 Sprinter :) yeah buddy!

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about each person tells their own story without channel 19ing others.

Also. Is there I big difference between 2 and 3 pallets? Every van driver I speak to in person says it's very rare they get more than 2 at a time.

If you're running for the top 3 carriers you don't need the extended Sprinter type van. The medium and smaller carriers like to pack it in and get some bang for your buck, but 8ft is industry standard, reason why you see some guys build sleepers and kill 5-6ft quick.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You guys are WAY off topic. The OP needed some real information, not this bickering.

My main point is get an empty scale ticket when you test drive a van ...then that will give you an actual weight to know cargo capacities....don't believe door stickers , dealers or posters on EO....because most big carriers want a scale ticket after upfitting your van to show 2400 lbs or more.....

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The configuration I cited is rated even more conservatively in those specs - just 3,930 lb. maximum capacity. That may be with every option available...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just throwing this into the mix.....anyone ever consider the weight rating on the 16" 10 ply tire?......I think my MS Michelin is like 3250 lbs?

Interesting fact the high priced LTX MS2

Note: The LTX M/S2 Highway All-Season tire is NOT a dedicated winter / snow tire. It does NOT meet the severe snow traction requirements and is NOT branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol.

and yet there are quite a few swear by these things.....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+M/S2

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's real world that matters and that's why drivers love them because of the results

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just throwing this into the mix.....anyone ever consider the weight rating on the 16" 10 ply tire?......I think my MS Michelin is like 3250 lbs?

Interesting fact the high priced LTX MS2

Note: The LTX M/S2 Highway All-Season tire is NOT a dedicated winter / snow tire. It does NOT meet the severe snow traction requirements and is NOT branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol.

and yet there are quite a few swear by these things.....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=LTX+M/S2

That's pretty interesting that they say they are for light snow only. What's more shocking is I looked up my own GoodYear tires, and it says they are summer tires. WTF? I been replacing the same tires for almost 3 years, if true that explains a lot :eek: I guess I just always thought they were all-season tires.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's pretty interesting that they say they are for light snow only. What's more shocking is I looked up my own GoodYear tires, and it says they are summer tires. WTF? I been replacing the same tires for almost 3 years, if true that explains a lot :eek: I guess I just always thought they were all-season tires.

My Ram van 1998 had the big M's on and they were crappy....this sprinter came with them also again crappy....I use a real semi aggressive tread for winter driving....no problems whatsoever....right up an unplowed ramp from a dead stop....The big M does get great mileage tho hard to beat them for that fact alone.....