January Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good morning.everyone. just crawling out of bed. I am pretty sure that I made it through my first night without coughing. Now if these really crazy horrificly scary dreams would go away that would be great.

Glad you guys got a trip..you should write down those dreams when you wake up...might be a best seller!:)

Morning Tom..you mean Tina doesn't call you her old man?:eek:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
no, she has those cute names for me but we wont go into that

if scott writes about it im sure it will be a short story. LOL

MORNIN THE REST OF YOU !!!!!!!!!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken ,your welcomed to come over and buy our breakfast at the T/A This morning...Jason said he would let you...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
no, she has those cute names for me but we wont go into that

if scott writes about it im sure it will be a short story. LOL

MORNIN THE REST OF YOU !!!!!!!!!

Wrong Scott Tom. This Scott posts as "xxiv" and the story will not be short, but it will be a good one.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Delivered to Chicago this morning, came in towards Chicago last night. The roads were real slick where the snow bad blown back across and turned to ice. I pulled off in Minooka last night to get off the roads. This morning they were well salted and wet, exit ramps were still snaring a few people, though.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
morning everyone hang on it afternoon snow here in harrisburg last night .
still sitting here in this wonderful freight area but hoping today will be the day .
scott are you ok buddy much damage to your truck ? is there .

but guess not much more by the way tom still looking for that bunnie tail or foot or the red head kid lol
wombat

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Hi all, just got to Franklin Ky.
Went from NC to Buffalo. Met up with Eula to swap the load going to Canada. She got there about 4AM yesterday morning. BOL said 75#, I think it was a bit more. It was 11 deg out, wind chill -1. Poor Eula just had a sweater on and was freezing. SCOTT, buy your wife some warm cloths! ;) By the way, I think she wants a Sprinter too.

Picked up over by Pembroke NY yesterday afternoon.
From just south of Cleveland on I271, hit the freezing rain. Ended up with half inch thick ice over the whole van. The check engine light came on just south of Columbus. Pulled into a gas station, could barely get the hood open. The whole front end had almost an inch of ice and the 2 intakes on top of the hood were completely iced over.
After reading thru the manual, everything checked out ok. South of Louisville, temp got above 34 and rain. Ice started coming off. Sounded like someone ripping the sheet metal apart. Delivered in Bowling Green bout 4am, went and fueled up, check engine light went off. Just about all the ice was gone. 43 deg out. The roads when I came thru weren't really that bad. SB I71 north of Columbus was the worse stretch. Still had plenty of spray coming off the vehicles in front and passing me. The biggest problem was keeping the ice off the windshield and wipers. Went thru about a gallon of washer fluid.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
By the way, I love those Michelin ms2's. They really pulled thru last night.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah Nula wants a jacket and a Sprinter. I keep telling her she's got me so that's more than enough:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
During the recent royal wedding, the millions around the world saw that Prince William chose to wear a uniform that included the famous British "red coat."

Many people have asked, "Why did the British wear red coats in battle?"

A long time ago, Britain and France were at war. During one battle, the French captured a British Colonel. They took him to their headquarters, and the French General began to question him. Finally, as an afterthought, the French General asked, "Why do you British officers all wear red coats? Don't you know the red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at ?"

In his casual, matter-of-fact, way, the officer informed the General that the reason British officers wear red coats is so that if they are wounded, the blood won't show, and the men they are leading won't panic.

And that is why, from that day forward, all French Army officers wear brown trousers.:D

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep Shadow is here....Mr Snappy might have a load...beauty day here again...:D

Looks like I am still here...the load was 17 skids at 25500..a little more than I can haul..will be getting detention time and a dry run...not real happy sitting here all weekend....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Looks like I am still here...the load was 17 skids at 25500..a little more than I can haul..will be getting detention time and a dry run...not real happy sitting here all weekend....

Heck...they coulda split that up between you and the 3 sprinters...