which spark plugs

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm shopping for spark plugs for my 6.0 Chevy. Autozone has a dozen and a half ranging from $1.99 to $12.99. I know I don't want the cheapest but wonder which ones I do want to be sure to get 100-125k miles of good service from them.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
All newer model Chevy's have factory Iridium tipped plugs. I would spend a little extra and get factory plugs from Napa and not have to worry about warranty. I mean the warranty on the plugs not the engine.
Since the new GM engine was introduced they started using Iridium tipped plugs. I'll probably get some backlash on that but that's what I have read and that's what I use. Easy 100K plus.
If you have AC, replace them with AC.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They have AC Delco iridium tip for $6.99 and I was thinking about those but wasn't sure if I should spring for more expensive ones like the NGK or Pulstar. I've got a coupon for 15% off and there's a rebate so I can get 8 for $31.53 with free shipping to the house. I may buy an extra set at that price and be ready for next time too.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, rounded off it's $3.95 each for iridium AC so not too shabby.

So for $122 total I've got 16 AC iridium plugs and a new serp belt delivered to my door and will mail in for a $32 rebate once the plugs are here so $90 total for two sets of plugs and a 3 yr warranty replacement belt.

Oh yeah, I forgot to include the $15 Autozone gift card with any ship to home purchase of $100 or more so that makes it effectively $75 for 16 iridium plugs and a serp belt.

Last edited: