Canada Wheres a good place to work

cevape07

Seasoned Expediter
hello all, i am new here and would like everyones opinon on where to put my van for expedite, i am in the windsor area and have a few friends in the business, and basically none of them are to happy where they are, so i thought i would ask on this site. if i can get 1500 to 2000 miles aweeks would be great, but i am told i am dreaming ,only straight trucks and the trailers can get this kind of work? i dont know, i am new to this and would like some comments, thanks!!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right now getting that many miles will be tough. When it picks up you can do that much and more. In general, expedite is overpopulated with vans.

As far as what company to choose, have you talked to Thompson? I was with them for over 6 years, until they eliminated the U.S. part of the fleet. They have some van O/O's that have been with them a long time, many in excess of 10 years. They would be worth talking to.

cevape07

Seasoned Expediter
yes i talked with them, what turned me off was the .70 a mile to start? pending on experience, thats just not enough $$

cevape07

Seasoned Expediter
average starting wage per mile in canada is .80 to .85, why would i go for .70, thats just greed on these companies.