vans professional

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Professionalism?
About three weeks ago on each side of St Louis four people lost their lives. Two may have been considered Professional drivers. The other two drivers who also may have been considered Professional. On East bound #64 in a construction zone a bobtailing Volvo was stopped. A 19 Y.O. male ran into the Volvo in a small pick up. A school bus drove over the pick up and killed the 19 Y.O. driver. A second school bus piled into the first and killed a female student in the first bus. A few days later on #70 West bound again in a construction zone, traffic was stopped a T.T plowed into the stopped traffic. The driver and his co driver died in their truck from a fire, from the vehicles he had plowed into. They may all have been CDL holders.

Last edited:

transporter

Expert Expediter
bearcat as i said there is the legal definition=a CDL holder
and there is the act of being a professional driver which it doesnt matter what size truck you drive.

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
Greg i do agree with you on the seemingly desperate CV people out there. its the group of expediters usually in cargo vans who apparently got into this business out of desperation IE layoffs cant find a job. they come in to this with no experience and little to no money.. they take advances then scream they cheated me. or they become the magic Butterfly flapping their wings from one carrier to another.
a professional keeps himself to certain standard every time/ all times. he conducts himself safely, on time, appropriate appearance, courteous to customers=public=and law enforcement=dispatchers=and other company drivers, if you accept a load offer do it without compiling
(spell check)