Truck Show

Butch and Jody

Expert Expediter
Looking forward to putting faces with screen names. We are wannabees. This is our last stop before truck driving school. Can't wait to talk in person to the people that we have studied and learned from while lurking for over 2 years on this very informative site. Thanks for the all the help so far.
Butch and Jody

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm going, planning on being there at the KY FairGrounds all 3 days of the show - stayin' in the rig.

Hope to have small BBQ grill by then. Who's bringin' what? Smile!

Maybe we could arrange to have all EO members driving their rigs in and parking AT the show overnite to park together??? Just an idea.
or perhaps EO could have a meet/greet one morning/evening/nite with drivers out in the lot somewhere?

BigBob in
Truck 95736

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I want to go and if I'm not too far away to drive over I will. I plan to go Thu and Fri but not sure about Sat because the crowd will likely be unbearable on Sat. I'll park and stay in my truck wherever that parking area is.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Bump.. maybe we could say everyday at 12 noon and 15:30 hours anyone who was in the area could meet at the booth. what do you think

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds like a good plan.

OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
-----

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wanted to get somethin' with food goin' on... I'm tired of canned microwave soups... who's cookin' the steaks and burgers?
What about a potluck supper of some kind out in the lot, I got a sterno stove I can cook veggies on - Next week I'll probably try to get the gas stove from the J if it's still on sale for $35.
Wal-Mart's got 'em for over 45 and 50 bucks.
I got Peanut Butter and Jelly, I can make some mean sandwhiches.
Smile!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just got a job picking up Monday morning that delivers in Channahon, IL. no later than Thursday. That's 315 miles from Louisville so I'm going to the show. I'll deliver by Wed. afternoon and be to the show by noon opening time Thursday. Maybe we need to make the meeting times 1300 to allow time to get through the ticket line etc. and 1730. I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone at the expediter's section.

OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
-----

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Everyone is welcomed to meet in the heart of ExpediterVille...EXPEDITER EXPERIENCE!

Booth 6755 & 6855 in the West Wing.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

T.V. - Why do you think they call it programming?

No, YOU suck. - the mean people

"Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States." - J. Bartlett Brebner

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure. - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

Become who you are. - Nietzsche

Whoever coined the phrase "Quiet as a mouse" has never stepped on one.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

ATeam

Retired Expediter
On Friday, we got a load from Los Angeles to Oklahoma City (yes, we're back in CA again after a nice run from AL). Oklahoma City is close enough for us to make it to the show. We'll be there all three days. We'll stay at a hotel 30 miles away, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

With the O'Connells unavailable this year due to Rene's surgery, Lawrence asked us to work a stint in the EO booth. We are honored and humbled by Lawrence's request.

Three years ago, at the 2003 show, Diane and I were trucker wannabees researching the industry. We attended MATS to gather information but had not yet heard of expediting. An odd-looking truck caught our eye. It was an expediter displayed by Freightliner of Knoxville. When we asked, "What is expediting?", Terry and Rene' enthusiastically told us and answered the string of questions that followed. By the end of the day, Diane and I knew we'd found our home in the trucking industry; thanks in large part to EO and especially Terry and Rene'.

While time in the booth (schedule unknown at this point) gives us the chance to give something back to EO and expediting, we look forward to seeing Terry and Rene' back in the booth next year, healthy as ever. We also look forward to putting faces with screen names and meeting old friends and new.

Phil and Diane Madsen

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
I'm gonna try to make it, I haven't missed one since my father started taking me when I was 5. If I end up close on Thurs or Friday, I'll make it if cashflow allows.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>On Friday, we got a load from Los Angeles to Oklahoma City
>(yes, we're back in CA again after a nice run from AL).
>Oklahoma City is close enough for us to make it to the show.
>We'll be there all three days. We'll stay at a hotel 30
>miles away, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
>
>With the O'Connells unavailable this year due to Rene's
>surgery, Lawrence asked us to work a stint in the EO booth.
>We are honored and humbled by Lawrence's request.
>
>Three years ago, at the 2003 show, Diane and I were trucker
>wannabees researching the industry. We attended MATS to
>gather information but had not yet heard of expediting. An
>odd-looking truck caught our eye. It was an expediter
>displayed by Freightliner of Knoxville. When we asked, "What
>is expediting?", Terry and Rene' enthusiastically told us
>and answered the string of questions that followed. By the
>end of the day, Diane and I knew we'd found our home in the
>trucking industry; thanks in large part to EO and especially
>Terry and Rene'.
>
>While time in the booth (schedule unknown at this point)
>gives us the chance to give something back to EO and
>expediting, we look forward to seeing Terry and Rene' back
>in the booth next year, healthy as ever. We also look
>forward to putting faces with screen names and meeting old
>friends and new.
>
>Phil and Diane Madsen

You have no clue how much I looked forward to seeing Terry and Rene' in the booth this year.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Hopfuly i should see you guys down in KY. Just having issues finding ways to get down there. Wanted to rent a car but need to be 25. with out paying an extra premium. Now i just want to try and find a hotel in the area thats not booked.