Truck jumping?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
At this time I would not recommend downsizing,spend some time reading thrugh the last few months of posts on EO.Many van drivers are complaining of too few loads and also sitting a lot.Also what company are you with,some of the expediting companies are not adding vans.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
B Freight is slow from what I see at Least where I'm at they seem to be moving D trucks good and the E trucks are always Moving

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

CYHUOOTO

Expert Expediter
Should have added that in first post, driving single for FEDCC. Responded to a few ads for drivers that wanted to drive team, but never get a response.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Would this be your Sprinter or would you driver for someone?

If it would be as a driver for an owner, don't move now. I talk to guys in all size trucks everyday, six days a week at a Transmission plant that I run for. The van and Sprinters all indicate slow to moderate freight. Straight trucks are ok to good.

If you would own the Sprinter, talk to some local delivery type places. My daughter and her husband both run van and step van and are doing well with Fed Ex ground. They have been there a number of years but always stay busy.

I have two freinds running Sprinters for DHL and I think the other is with Air somebody but they are both local. Very good. None of the folks I know doing around town local work are seeing a real slow down. Everyone I know and talk to in OTR vans and Sprinters are slow.

RichM is right many companies are not even taking them on. Don't move from one to another for freight. If that is your motivation, I think it is wrong.

Best of luck to you

Raceman
OTR O/O

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Revenue 40 something cents per mile less in the van with operating cost 20 something cents per mile less in a van leaves vans making about 20 something cents per mile less than your D unit. If you can afford that kind of hit then keep thinking about it as you read the last several months of posts. If you can't afford that hit then call it off now.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.