The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Since Elon Musk owns X, Trump will likely appear on additional “spaces” chats. The first one reached an estimate of a billion people. Since Kamala has refrained from going on one with Musk, it appears Trump will have sole access to that particular audience. Which should only get even bigger as the election season gets even closer. Good,good.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Eyes On Trump Media Stock Lockout Lift

DJT stock (Trump Media and Technology Group) debuted on the NASDAQ on March 26, 2024. Typical of new offerings like this, this stock has a lockout period such that certain insiders are prohibited from selling their shares before a certain date. In this case, the date is Sept. 20, or 25, depending on the stock price at the time. The likely date is Sept. 20.

Trump himself is a regulated insider. He owns 114,750,000 shares, or nearly 59%, of the company. The big question for DJT shareholders and others interested in this stock is, what will Trump do with these shares, if anything, when he is legally allowed to sell them? Will he sell all or part of them to cash in? Or will he keep these shares and maybe even buy more as an investment?

To date, Trump has said nothing about this. So the current answer to the above questions is, we do not know.

It is fair to say that the approaching lock-out lift date is putting downward pressure on the stock. The mere fact that nearly 2/3 of the stock (Trump's 56% plus shares held by other insiders) will become tradable on the open market means that the share supply is will likely to exceed share demand. When you have more sellers than buyers, the price drops.

Additionally, the company has never made a profit, and it is not likely to anytime soon. At it's present price of $22.70 per share, the company is way overvalued. It's book value per share is $1.78.

The lockout period and its implications are discussed in detail in this CNBC article.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump Kneels Before Kemp and Begs

Early August:

"In a roughly 10-minute tirade on Aug. 3, Trump railed against Kemp for not giving into his false theories of election fraud. He also blamed the governor for not stopping a local district attorney from prosecuting him and others for their efforts to overturn the results.

“'He’s a bad guy. He’s a disloyal guy. And he’s a very average governor,' Trump said then. 'Little Brian, little Brian Kemp. Bad guy.'"
(Source)

Now:

"In a social media post, Trump thanked Gov. Brian Kemp 'for all of your help and support in Georgia, where a win is so important to the success of our Party and, most importantly, our Country.'

“'I look forward to working with you, your team, and all of my friends in Georgia to help MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!' he wrote." (Source)

What changed? What prompted Trump to eat his harsh words about Kemp just three weeks after uttering them, and after uttering similar words consistently for four years? He likely realized that he is losing Georgia, and he's growing increasingly desperate to win. Trump's ground game in GA is ineffective but Kemp's is highly organized. Kemp has not yet fully mobilized his organization in support of Trump. So Trump is now on his knees to beg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kemp mentioned PUBLICLY before Trump’s post that he will utilize organization to help him win. Roughly about a week ago.
Pesky fact.

Reactions: Pilgrim

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Kennedy

I honestly don't know what to make of Kennedy's decision to suspend his campaign and throw his support to Trump. I'm reading pollsters with a red bias say this is good for Trump, and pollsters with a blue bias saying it is not going to help Trump much, if at all. But even they do not know. This just happened and no polls have yet been done to show the actual impact.

Additionally, Kennedy is not the only moving part in this election. Harris just completed a triumphant DNC national convention. A polling bounce traditionally follows such an event. But that polling has not yet been done either. There is anecdotal evidence that suggests independents were moved toward Harris by what they learned of her from the DNC convention.

I can see why MAGA and Trump are thrilled with the Kennedy news. They have not had much good news since Harris became the Democratic candidate. With the Harris movement building, it's been a struggle for Trump to be in the spotlight like before. And Harris, being younger, has successfully cast Trump as the aging, obsolete, relic candidate. This Kennedy development shifts the focus off the old-man Trump narrative, at least for a time.

Note that Kennedy is not Trump's running mate. I don't think we'll be hearing much about Kennedy a week or so from now.

I'm also mindful of Nikki Haley throwing her support to Trump. A good number of her supporters have come out for Harris. They supported Haley because they opposed Trump. They were unmoved by Haley's Trump endorsement.

Yes, a number of Kennedy supporters will now break for Trump, but not all. To know for sure how this develops, we'll simply have to wait for the new polling to come out. With Harris's expected convention bump and continuing momentum, and Kennedy's move, prior polls that included Kennedy are irrelevant now.

No one honestly knows how the Kennedy supporters will break, and in what direction, and in what numbers. We'll have to wait a week or two to find out. Support for Kennedy, already low, sharply declined when Harris appeared. If it turns out that a majority of Kennedy supporters break for Trump, does he have enough of them left to make a difference? Time will tell.

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kennedy

I honestly don't know what to make of Kennedy's decision to suspend his campaign and throw his support to Trump. I'm reading pollsters with a red bias say this is good for Trump, and pollsters with a blue bias saying it is not going to help Trump much, if at all. But even they do not know. This just happened and no polls have yet been done to show the actual impact.

Additionally, Kennedy is not the only moving part in this election. Harris just completed a triumphant DNC national convention. A polling bounce traditionally follows such an event. But that polling has not yet been done either. There is anecdotal evidence that suggests independents were moved toward Harris by what they learned of her from the DNC convention.

I can see why MAGA and Trump are thrilled with the Kennedy news. They have not had much good news since Harris became the Democratic candidate. With the Harris movement building, it's been a struggle for Trump to be in the spotlight like before. And Harris, being younger, has successfully cast Trump as the aging, obsolete, relic candidate. This Kennedy development shifts the focus off the old-man Trump narrative, at least for a time.

Note that Kennedy is not Trump's running mate. I don't think we'll be hearing much about Kennedy a week or so from now.

I'm also mindful of Nikki Haley throwing her support to Trump. A good number of her supporters have come out for Harris. They supported Haley because they opposed Trump. They were unmoved by Haley's Trump endorsement.

Yes, a number of Kennedy supporters will now break for Trump, but not all. To know for sure how this develops, we'll simply have to wait for the new polling to come out. With Harris's expected convention bump and continuing momentum, and Kennedy's move, prior polls that included Kennedy are irrelevant now.

No one honestly knows how the Kennedy supporters will break, and in what direction, and in what numbers. We'll have to wait a week or two to find out. Support for Kennedy, already low, sharply declined when Harris appeared. If it turns out that a majority of Kennedy supporters break for Trump, does he have enough of them left to make a difference? Time will tell.
I think its funny that his entire platform was being anti vaccine, and then he drops out and endorses the man who we have to thank for pushing the development and distribution of the covid vaccines.... But then again, the rest of his family did not endorse him so that explains a lot....

Reactions: ATeam

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And here is the actual definition of Trump derangement syndrome, Trump is no longer president, yet the MAGA morons still call him president.....I have watched this douche bags posts on Truth, and he is a real piece of work.
It's custom to continue using the term President for former office holders.

Reactions: muttly and Pilgrim

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think its funny that his entire platform was being anti vaccine, and then he drops out and endorses the man who we have to thank for pushing the development and distribution of the covid vaccines.... But then again, the rest of his family did not endorse him so that explains a lot....
They agree on other important issues.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's custom to continue using the term President for former office holders.
I have always heard past presidents being called former president, never seen that before Trump, not that it didnt happen, just never saw that myself.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Regarding RFK JR, he won’t be able to get off the ballot in some states. In Michigan they are saying the deadline for removing his name has passed.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
By the way, did anyone notice that Trump said he was not going to accept security briefings? Heck, even he knows that he cant keep his mouth shut when it comes to classified material......

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have always heard past presidents being called former president, never seen that before Trump, not that it didnt happen, just never saw that myself.
Both are used. Probably more of former President . But not uncommon. They also do it with Governors. I heard Jesse Ventura interviewed a while back and he said they still call him Governor a lot.

Reactions: Ragman