Sprinter pricing

towinwnc

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know a dealer with a good deal on a 2500 158" Sprinter. I have priced them in NC. SC. and Indiana. So far the best is $2200 off of a $36,000 Sprinter. Is this the best I can expect. Thanks this site is great.

docmurray

Expert Expediter
Just bought one here in Wisconsin for $33,000. Deluxe seats, high output alternator.

Call kayser Chrysler, Sauk City, WI 800-248-8581 talk to Lance.

Sprinting

Expert Expediter
I just purchased my Sprinter in western Michigan at K & M Northfield Dodge in Grand Rapids, paid 33,600. pretty much loaded except the maintenance pkg. I have the power pkg,cargo pkg, 150 amp alt.,step bumper, cruise, heater booster, insulation and aux. battery.Call Tim Noyes or Jim Fouts at 616-365-3312. Very Accomodating! They have a large stock too. I can't say enough for the service I recieved there, and I did drive 188 miles to get there( right past alot of other dealers!!) I love this van.:7

zebra1run

Expert Expediter
I've been researching various cargo vans but would appreciate any input from you professionals.

1. What kind of highway mileage can you expect to get out of the sprinter fully loaded to capacity?

2. Do you think the 2.7L Diesel is to sluggish, compared to other available engines on competitors cargo vans? I realize this is not Nascar, just trying to look at everything.

3. Should you need any parts for the Sprinter, does it make more sense vesus competitors pricing and availablity for parts?

4. How reliable is the Sprinter versus competitors models? My trucker friend says: You can't beat the Mercedes diesel on reliability!

5. What advantages or disadvantages would there be in going with the 3500 Sprinter extended high cube versus the smaller Sprinters?

6. Would it be worth the higher cost of the 3500 Sprinter , as far being able to have more freight/cargo area?

7. What would give you the greatest flexiblity considering low cost, low maintenance, reliability and being able to expedite the most freight when the need arises, in the non CDL category.

Thanks,
Zebra

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm planning to get a Sprinter next week. You want the 2500 model. The dual wheels on the 3500 encroach too much into the cargo area and won't allow a pallet to sit flat on the floor so it's no good at all for what you need. No clue on pricing yet but will know more Monday.

zebra1run

Expert Expediter
Thanks LDB.

I wasn't aware of the 3500 wheel problem being an issue with the cargo area, since I have not seen it up close.

Zebra

gojack

Expert Expediter
I drive a 2003 Sprinter 2500 high top
160,000+ miles, local delivery ( 0-200 miles)

>I've been researching various cargo vans but would
>appreciate any input from you professionals.
>1. What kind of highway mileage can you expect to get out
>of the sprinter fully loaded to capacity?

I get 22.5 MPG

>2. Do you think the 2.7L Diesel is to sluggish, compared to
>other available engines on competitors cargo vans? I realize
>this is not Nascar, just trying to look at everything.

Not sluggish, quite peppy

>3. Should you need any parts for the Sprinter, does it make
>more sense vesus competitors pricing and availablity for
>parts?

Parts service at Dodge dealers

>4. How reliable is the Sprinter versus competitors models?
>My trucker friend says: You can't beat the Mercedes diesel
>on reliability!

My company has drivers of Fords, Chevies GMC etc.,
I am at the low end for down time
(a couple guys are ex-mechanics, do all their own maint on offtime)

>5. What advantages or disadvantages would there be in going
>with the 3500 Sprinter extended high cube versus the smaller
>Sprinters?

3500 wheel wells intrude on cargo space too much

>6. Would it be worth the higher cost of the 3500 Sprinter ,
>as far being able to have more freight/cargo area?

Ditto

>7. What would give you the greatest flexiblity considering
>low cost, low maintenance, reliability and being able to
>expedite the most freight when the need arises, in the non
>CDL category.

USED Peterbilt 330/335 26K GVW Cummins ISC

The problem with Cargo vans are,
Not dock high., Many companies request dock high
...so someone else gets the load

I have seen some guys carry ramps, Some docks are on a grade, in a hole, full of water etc etc etc.,

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
talked to shem holland at tysinger dodge in hampton va
757 865 8000 he said give him a call and he would see what
he could do for you in price
they are petty reasonable to do business with

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Call Jon Mosier at Freightliner of Knoxville. They have one that is already set up with the sleeper and is ready to work. He's a good guy to work with. Tell him Leo with the Acterra on hold told you to call. Good luck.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
high roof and 13'9" cargo no sleeper
running load is great

justiceman

Expert Expediter
I'm sure this is like any other purchase from a dealer. I love how they all say it is only xxxxx dollars. I had a guy we were talking about suv's price. He said that a dealer would recieve say a suburban and price it at about 32,000. He said they get about 7500 at sale and another 7500 from manufacturer. So, the suburban only cost them around 16500-18000. I was like what the heck. I need to own a dealership. can you say rape-me please.}>

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Does this guy own a dealership? I've been in that business before and there is good money but nowhere near 100%. What I hear is someone making noise about something they don't know about.

Chicken Leg

Expert Expediter
If you are really interested in a 3500, order a cab and chassis and have a Supreme 7 1/2 x 14 box installed. Now what you have is a Non-commercial (under 10,000 gvwr) vehicle with a totally flat floor (no wheel wells at all) You'll still get 20 plus MPG and will have a much more desirable expeditor. Let me know what you think.