Sprinter advice...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know you love the good old Splinter. I have a 2006 too. My Splinter gets 22 MPG @ 65 MPH. No joke. That's what they get on average, less when loaded heavier.

Can't complain with mine....what pizzed me off about Mercedes is that virtually the same problem has nagged it over here in the U.S. since 07 till now

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I call BULL****! its impossible to get 33 MPG in a delivery van that has 6' high interior height and is driven @ 65 MPH or so. The new Transit will get 26 MPG on diesel and 21 on gas. The new Splinter will do no better if its the same size & capacity.

I suspect you are a Splinter dealer hoping the Fiat & Ford don't KILL your sales...

Just think about it if a sprinter got 26-27 MPG in 2000 why can't it get 33MPG in 2014.... that's 14 years to develop. The numbers and facts are in, as mentioned just get on sprinter source and read up what folks are getting in europe. It's quite impressive. They get all the good stuff before we do. And nope not trying to sell anything hear, although mercedes should send me a little something for the patronizing and vehicle development research haha. :)

My highest mpg has been 750 miles in a tank. I just got 710 the other day out of a tank. Mine is a 06 hi roof 140

Last edited:

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
I have a new 2012. I get 20-22 highway and 17city. Wanted to wait for the new vans but FAll was to far away.
Also was rear ended in a 35mph zone at a light and my bumper was destroyed but the other car folded up big time. I did think they were tin cans from the thin steel but that accident did make me feelsafe.
I was hit at about20-30mph witnesses said.

The sprinter as theonly vehicle that was drivable out of 3cars. 2 were totalled.

Van also runs very nice. Drives like a car.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The 2006 Splinter was the best ever. BTW, 11 YEARS of development (2002 - 2013) and the Splinter is still prone to well known problems! Why fix them when you are the only game in town???

Let's see how the 2014 holds up. I'm never going to let Mercedes experiment on me again. Good Luck!