xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The 07 so yea about 13 gallons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
since i cleaned house, last scaling was 5730 almost full tank....that would leave me at 2820 or there and about. On the books at 2700 for loads...so I have some wiggle room...

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here are some pictures of the Turtle Top TerraMaxx we just purchased yesterday... 165" of usable cargo space... (fyi, that is not me in the truck - stunt double)
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Nice! Please, put that truck on a scale. There is a lot of confusion over what the single wheel trucks actually weigh.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If it isn't too hard I'd scale it bare-bones,etrack,driver,safety equipment.
Then again when ready to rock & roll. That way you'll know how much personal stuff you've added.
If you need to cut weight, what chance do you have of hitting that magic number ?
Really nice looking truck.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it isn't too hard I'd scale it bare-bones,etrack,driver,safety equipment.
Then again when ready to rock & roll. That way you'll know how much personal stuff you've added.
If you need to cut weight, what chance do you have of hitting that magic number ?
Really nice looking truck.

Thanks Zorry... And Good Advice...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yes, for me personally, I would love to see a scale ticket with it just like it is in the pictures. That will answer the weight question on the ultra/terra maxx units.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Hazmat can sell certifed copies of that scale ticket with a non-disclosure agreement.
You know,to help with the start-up costs.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, for me personally, I would love to see a scale ticket with it just like it is in the pictures. That will answer the weight question on the ultra/terra maxx units.

I'll see what I can do for ya??? There's a MFA COOP in town with a good scale and will try to go get it weighed next week...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I'll see what I can do for ya??? There's a MFA COOP in town with a good scale and will try to go get it weighed next week...
well...it's not like I really need it. I've got a CargoMax already. I guess I should have said that it would cure my curiosity of the weight issue..lol. Could be of benefit to others though :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a nice truck. I'm curious about the weight as it sits and after insulation, etrack etc. are put in. What eng/trans does it have? How does the roll up door compare to swing doors for weight? Don't you get more cargo height with swing doors? Does the roll up seal as well as swing doors?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
That's a nice truck. I'm curious about the weight as it sits and after insulation, etrack etc. are put in. What eng/trans does it have? How does the roll up door compare to swing doors for weight? Don't you get more cargo height with swing doors? Does the roll up seal as well as swing doors?
On these units....at least on my cargomax....you actually loose some height and some width with swing doors. I still have about 52" width and 69" height. Ive loaded the double stacked automotive bins a couple times now without a problem. The roll up vs swing door is a personal choice. I much prefer the swing doors in a van. I know what roll up doors do with time and Im told these are noisy even new....could be some solutions to that though.

Last edited:

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thanks LDB...

I have a 5.4 with an auto 5 speed and 4.10 rear end.
Will see how we do on milage and can put a 3.73 in for around $1,500...
Rear door opening of 58" wide x 71" tall...
Side door opening of 44" wide x 72" tall...
Total inside measurments of the cargo area are 168" L x 72" W x 85" H...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The van that you linked above looks basicly the same as the Unicel CW like David Hall had..I think his was only 12' though. A 13' body in that configuration would be a good setup. It would give you 12' for freight and a foot to fold your bed up against the wall or seats.
Thanks for the info Rocketman. As Dennis noted, the Independence is made of FRP, with the "P" being plywood. His van and the Unicell CW are made from a lighter fiberglass panel. I do like that 13th foot though and could live with a legal cargo weight of 2300 pounds.

For me personally, the ideal van would be a 12', preferably a 13' Unicell CW on a 159" GM chassis. It is a shame no such vehicle exists. I guess that's part of the reason Westmicher is building his own.