Some new info on Ford Transit.

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Not too much information on new Ford Transit or Dodge Ducato cargo vans. I went to Dodge and Ford dealers and they basically knew nothing. Only the Dodge dealer told me they were trying to better the Sprinter price on the Ducato to around 30K.
Ford Transit it say 1st/2nd qtr 2013 hopefully
some links on transit info :

Ford readies for overhaul of Kansas City Assembly Plant - Kansas City Business Journal

Ford exec: Kansas City-made Transit Van will lead in fuel efficiency - Kansas City Business Journal

It will be nice to have a option to Sprinter at a reasonable price hopefully.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I googled some pics and it looks like a sprinter with a nose job. Wonder what the maintainence costs are on them I would say reasonable as long as theyre revamped Dodge 2500 & 3500 vans so you can find parts.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I seen the new Ford Van in a passenger van configuration today for the 1st time...it was east bound on I 94 at middlebelt and it wasnt lefting any grass grow under it...It was an extended body and a "low" hi-top..in dark grey and it looked good....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice to see GM is on top of what the competition is up to. I'm sure by 2020 they will have a prototype of their "Transit Killer".

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Saw something interesting on the Maxx Automotive Corporation - UltraMaxx - TerraMaxx -Step Van - Cargo Van- Custom Vans -Custom Van-ome web site. Hopefully these photos come through.

Go to photos. They have a Chevy C/Van that copy's a Sprinter.

That looks similiar to the HCV vans, except that it looks like the entire body is probably aftermarket instead of just the upper half. The HCV's left a little to be desired where the fiberglass cap joined with the metal ... imo. This looks like a nice unit for those not requiring the length of a sprinter. It will be intersting to see if they make a longer version.

The Transit is going to be the winner though, I believe.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
That looks similiar to the HCV vans, except that it looks like the entire body is probably aftermarket instead of just the upper half. The HCV's left a little to be desired where the fiberglass cap joined with the metal ... imo. This looks like a nice unit for those not requiring the length of a sprinter. It will be intersting to see if they make a longer version.

The Transit is going to be the winner though, I believe.

The MAXX GROUP no longer handles the terra or ultra maxx truck from what i have heard..those are built by Turtle Top and are basically a 2nd gen Cargo Max the will be a Ford dealer that handles them at the expo..they are nice trucks..just a tad on the high end of the price structure

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am interested in the 13', 159" wheelbase Independence on a GM chassis "Independence", A New Cargo Truck, now Available

The above website shows two pictures and no specifications. It does list all the really cool upfitter options though. Is this website totally lacking in vehicle specific information or am I missing something? Last winter I requested info and got no reply. Tonight I e-mailed another request for some specs on the Independence. I will wait and see if they respond.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Moot, they were at the Expo last yr with that unit, all remember is that is was a "FRP" body, which normally works out to "heavy"...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I could live with a 13' FRP with a GVWR of 9,900 if it came in under 7000 pounds curb weight. It would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming with their specs.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I could live with a 13' FRP with a GVWR of 9,900 if it came in under 7000 pounds curb weight. It would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming with their specs.
Moot, if your interested in it, I would give them a call. I actually drove over there and looked at the ultramaxx last year and they are good people to talk to. Don't make the mistake of judging their product by their ability to operate a website...imo :)

I'm not so sure that they don't still handle the ultra/terra maxx's either. That website has been updated quite a bit since I looked at it last, you would think they would have removed them if they weren't selling them anymore. The van that you linked above looks basicly the same as the Unicel CW like David Hall had..I think his was only 12' though. A 13' body in that configuration would be a good setup. It would give you 12' for freight and a foot to fold your bed up against the wall or seats.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot, if your interested in it, I would give them a call. I actually drove over there and looked at the ultramaxx last year and they are good people to talk to. Don't make the mistake of judging their product by their ability to operate a website...imo :)

I'm not so sure that they don't still handle the ultra/terra maxx's either. That website has been updated quite a bit since I looked at it last, you would think they would have removed them if they weren't selling them anymore. The van that you linked above looks basicly the same as the Unicel CW like David Hall had..I think his was only 12' though. A 13' body in that configuration would be a good setup. It would give you 12' for freight and a foot to fold your bed up against the wall or seats.

whats wrong with the sidewall for the bed?.....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When i went to E1 my scaled available weight was 2630 with a half tank of fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When i went to E1 my scaled available weight was 2630 with a half tank of fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

That was the older sprinter like mine?.....1/2 tank is only 13 gallons.. the fuel weighs more then you....LOL